Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bulla101

1982 CB250 Superdream to Cafe Racer !!

Hi peeps, as you will know im new to the forum but i thought i would share my first build experience with you and hopfully pick up some tips on the way, i collect the bike on wednesday evening and then its all systems go, ill post plenty of pics along the way in exchange for your knowledge.
Well the bike im picking up is a 1982 CB250 Superdream which i feel is a very boring bike (apologies to any Superdream fans) so ive decided im gonna convert it to a Cafe Racer in an attempt to bring it to life!!

Pictures and progress to follow soon !!

Excellent cant wait to see her progress thumbs i love ya firblade on ya avatar, more pics please thumbs

should be nice and yes the honda dream is a bit wet Very Happy way under power . my mate had one from new , and next to my GT 250 it was a slug , best of luck

is it the deluxe version? look forward to up dates and pics m8 thumbs

another bloody cafe project! hide (who would be so silly as to do one of them) Embarassed
hope it goes well for ya matey.
looking forward to pics when you have em. thumbs

Well i went and collected the bike on wednesday night or should i say the box's of bits, after getting it all loaded into my garage i started going through the box's and much to my supprise and joy i found:
2X brand new silencers (too long)..for ebay
2X brand new down pipes
2X brand new finned exhaust collars
2X brand new heat shields
Brand new rear spindle
Brand new chain
4X brand new indicators............for ebay
Brand new brake resivoir
Brand new chrome butty box rack....for ebay
Brand new chrome pussy bars........for ebay
And a Rickman fairing with all brackets, (sold already)

Now thats what i call a bargain, most of the parts will be going on ebay unless any one needs any of the above.

I have sorted throught he rest of the stuff and started assembling everything loose to make sure nothing is missing a good day spent in the garage on thursday and she is ready for putting the engine in so i should be cranking her over this weekend, once she is a runner i need to take her to get MANX tested which is not straight forward once she has passed i will be riding her back stripping her back down and starting with the conversion, oh, carbs have already been for vapour blasting and are ready for being dipped in me mates ultra sonic cleaner, they look brand new, i cant post any pictures as yet as ive not been registered with forum for 7 days but as soon as i can ill get what ive taken so far up for you to see.

Hi Guys, well i collected the bike as i said in my earlier post and i can now post pics so here some of the bike:

I was off work on thursday so thought i would start assembling the bike and making a list of what i am gonna need to replace in order to get the thing through its manx test, i wont be converting the bike till it has passed its test as our local test centre are very very strict and i cant be assed with the hassle of testing a moded bike, anyway end of the day thursday:

Suturday was my next visit to the garage and i mananged to get the lump chucked in and the rest of the wiring taken care of, everything appears to be in the boxs in order for me to get it to this stage.

As i have said this is a quick build up in order to get this bike tested which allows me to tax it so once ive chopped it up the test centre dont need to see it, so anyone thinking this is a rushed bodged job please bare with me Wink

Anyway thats it for now, back in garage tonight to bolt on exhausts, head light and battery and hopefully she will be a runner !!