Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RichardH

Iceland

I might well be doing this Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy
July 26th to 31st 2012 – ICELAND TOUR 3 – Black Desert

Predominantly gravel road riding in the South West quadrant of Iceland. Like other tours, this will include sections of the Kjolur (easy gravel roads), and the tourist hotspots of Gulfoss and Geysir. However, we’ll then venture to the remote region of Landmannalaugar, where the riding gets a little trickier and there will be several unbridged rivers to cross. Once again camping, with one or more visits to sulphurous hot springs in which to bathe. In cases of extreme weather, there is often the opportunity to upgrade to a bunkroom, at guest’s own expense (about £10-£15). THERE ARE NO POSH HOTELS in the interior of Iceland. This is rough tough adventure stuff J

Existing, experienced UK Trail riders will find these gravel roads EASY. It’s not an Enduro. If you’ve ridden off road before this will be an enjoyable, not-too-difficult adventure in a wild amazing place. If you’ve never ridden on gravel before – please give it a try first – if puddles, rivers and slippy slidy volcanic ash & gravel don’t suit you, you’d HATE this trip

sounds good rich,ive done gravelly stuff on the Ace but this could be a bit much,reckon you should go for it m8 Smilethumbs

Sorted, had the seal of approval from the wife and I'm penciled in for this one thumbsthumbs

July 1st to 6th ICELAND 2 – Black Desert (Kjolur & Landmannalaugar)
Pre-booked, private tour.

A lesser total distance (perhaps only 400-600km), but well over half the riding is on fairly challenging interior “highland” roads. We ride the barren F35 “Kjolur” route to Hveravellir, camp out between 2 icecaps and enjoy the hot pool. Retrace our steps, then cut across to Landannalaugar via a circular route. The most beautiful & stunning place I’ve seen in Iceland. Again we camp out and enjoy natural hot springs. A little gravel road riding experience is preferred before this tour, but not 100% essential. It can be tiring, there are some river crossings, and the weather can be very mixed. One hell of an adventure though. Don’t be put off by the low total mileage – this is a harder trip than the 1400km West Fjords tour. party

im sure you'll enjoy it m8 trip of a lifetime party plenty of pics too Very Happythumbs

Hey nice one Rich, why not mate you deserve it, we all only live once im sure one day ile do something similar thumbsthumbs

My missus goes shopping there she says its a doddle cant understand what your on about Very Happy

@Neill wrote:
My missus goes shopping there she says its a doddle cant understand what your on about Very Happy
fofl

Enjoy Rich, and as said earlier, plenty of pics thumbsthumbs

Just need to watch the turn from Dairy into the freezer section. Sometimes get water pools near the freezers foflfoflfoflfofl