Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XS1100

Pop quize

I just noticed yesterdays date 21/12
who called there Album 2112?

I saw them in Leicester on the Hemispheres tour. Played most of 2112 as well. Excellent live band thumbs

This will sort out the real rockers Laughing

Who made the tracks Hot As A Docker's Armpit and I Ain't No Mountain?

I saw them in Leicester on the Hemispheres tour. Played most of 2112 as well. Excellent live band thumbs

I was there to thumbs demonfort hall.

This will sort out the real rockers Laughing

Who made the tracks Hot As A Docker's Armpit and I Ain't No Mountain?

easy mate BUDGIE thumbsthumbs

Had a drink with Burke Shelley & Tony Bourge before their set at Nottingham Albert Hall, about 1975. Shelley signed my ticket. The good old days before rock stars had PR staff & all that crap. thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
excellent alan,there still on the circuit thumbs

Saw them about a year ago m8-Burke Shelley hardly looked any different! Very Happy

nice one m8 saw a documentry on bbc4 about them and he does look the same thumbs good down to earth guys thumbs

Truly a Brit competitor to Rush I thought. Good guitarist, ugly big nosed spindle with a crap voice on bass Laughing I'm listening to them now on Youtube on a separate page. Nostalgia ain't what is used to be Dick Laughing

Truly a Brit competitor to Rush I thought. Good guitarist, ugly big nosed spindle with a crap voice on bass Laughing I'm listening to them now on Youtube on a separate page. Nostalgia ain't what is used to be Dick Laughing

your right alan deffo a british rush i dont know why they werent more well known, more a cult band id say bit like hawkwind,Man,edgar broughton band all brilliant musos though thumbsthumbs Alan gets better love the Ash m8 thumbs

Yeah you & me could have a musical evening no sweat pal thumbs did you see many of the club bands in the 70s? We had a place near us called the Golden Diamond (still going, saw Budgie there as I said) do you remember the likes of Strife, Hustler, Lone Star etc?

Oops forgot one of my other faves, Magnum.

yeah remember all those old bands wish id been older in the 70s to have appreciated it all Smile first band i saw was motorhead on the bomber/overkill tour 79 when i was 14 Smilethumbs most of the music im into is from the 70s thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
yeah remember all those old bands wish id been older in the 70s to have appreciated it all Smile first band i saw was motorhead on the bomber/overkill tour 79 when i was 14 Smilethumbs most of the music im into is from the 70s thumbs

Good call mate.I'm 8 years older than you so prob in some ways got more from it. That was a different life, coming home on the bikes with your head literally fizzing from the noise of a live band Shocked then the stiff neck when you got up for work next morning Laughing

i use to fly about on my bros fizzy Very Happy and i remember headbanging well AC/DC 79 with bon scott was another good gig Very Happy oh yes happy days thumbs