Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

engine swap

okay if i was to but a bandit 1200 engine in a bandit 600, would i have to get custom insurance what is pricey or would it be classed at a 1200 bandit and be same on insurance.

may be able to get an engine with 8k on it for £50 cam chaoin went so top end will need abiut of work but gearbox should be a minter. looks like the adjuster broke for a bizar reason.

or is it not worth hassle as id need cdi, downs, etc.

to be honest chad its not worth the hassle m8 although both bikes are similar in size etc i wouldnt bother just buy a bigger bike thumbs

yeah mayby an ace Laughing

i did look at 955 daytona but their 2800 3rd party fire and theft Sad

just thought it may be cheaper, but yeah Rolling Eyes

yeah. may have to travel for a test ride, as they arent as common, tl bit more common, but if it means i can find a bike i feel is ideal for my next then its worth it. cant afford a z1000, ive looked intp z750 but i think their expensive for what they are but il dome some testing, and then see what i like most thumbs

test ride as many bikes as poss m8,ive seen one other Ace up here few and far between,some tidy ones on ebay thumbs

year, so do i just go in and ask to ride something, or npretend i want to buy Wink lol

and ive noticed most have around 30k + i wont buy a bike with more then 25k, less if i can! thumbs

yeah, wanted to sit on a gs500f the faired one as was going to buy one, and he said bring both parts of licence and you can test ride.

but got my bandit in end. when i often buy smashed up bikes of my mate from his auction buys, as their cheap good bikes, so if something comes up, i buy it then dont like will always get money back if not more after fixing it road worthy. then i can do a few nice extras. but i dont know if i want a written off bike next as next will probably be a 1l bike and ill want to keep it for a while,

although nice to have a low milage bike i usually go on condition and how well its been looked after thumbs

yeah, wanted to sit on a gs500f the faired one as was going to buy one, and he said bring both parts of licence and you can test ride.

but got my bandit in end. when i often buy smashed up bikes of my mate from his auction buys, as their cheap good bikes, so if something comes up, i buy it then dont like will always get money back if not more after fixing it road worthy. then i can do a few nice extras. but i dont know if i want a written off bike next as next will probably be a 1l bike and ill want to keep it for a while,

what about a fireblade i've been looking at them there is some cheap ones about. My cousin ad one about 5years ago he liked it said it was powerful enough.

totally agree rather have a 20k mile bike thats been services, well looked after etc, than something with 5k thats never been serviced, and has had gutts knocked out of it!

as said chad just get another bike when ya can,even if it means buying a 1200 bandit
thumbsthumbsthumbs

Careful what you sign to get a test ride. Not uncommon to pay the first £700/£1000 if you drop it.

yeh i know ken!! mate went essex to test a bmw tourer. hadnt started it, droped it broke the lever and a scratch he has sighned for £1200 excess. but they wouldnt let him just replace damadged parts for new wat was only like £300,

yeh i know ken!! mate went essex to test a bmw tourer. hadnt started it, droped it broke the lever and a scratch he has sighned for £1200 excess. but they wouldnt let him just replace damadged parts for new wat was only like £300,

Thats ridiculas how can they justify something like that, chad just be careful then thumb down