Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

towing licence???

okay being 18 and only driving for a couple of months i cant tow a trailer without an extra test. however this is a paiont running a bike breaking business and im not allowed to take it until im 21!!!

but would one of these come under towing a trailer licence?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trike-towing-motorcycle-towing-dolly-frame-/260923820795?pt=UK_CartsParts_Vehicles_ATVQuad_Trike_Parts_Accessories_SM&hash=item3cc0458afb

or would it be legal??

im sure ken will answer this thumbs

Im not sure meself personally, but im sure its still classed as towing thumbs

yeah not sure how it works. you need different licences for difference sized trailers or caravan

yeah not sure how it works. you need different licences for difference sized trailers or caravan
If you want to tow a caravan you need a brain transplant hide

@Stue11 wrote:

no just a motorcycle Laughing

@Stue11 wrote:

no just a motorcycle Laughing

Chad ave a look at this all you need to know thumbs

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/CaravansTrailersCommercialVehicles/DG_4022564

@Stue11 wrote:

agree who would do that ??
and Chad towing is towing aint it study

maybe i should get a bike rack, then the bikes not toucvhing the floor and its not towing its carrying?

I'm in the same situation as you Chad being 22, but it's even more annoying for me as I have a PSV licence and have been driving 70+ kids round in double deckers since I was 18! but still can't tow a big trailer. I have looked into it and found I can tow a trailer upto 750kg aslong as it's single axle and unbraked. I have a small trailer that I use all the time and use my dads bike trailer. May be differant for you if you did your test not long ago.

I actually agree with this, seems utter madness to me that back in my day you could pass your driving test on Monday morning, then set off down the street later that day with a 20 foot caravan on tow head bang

ITCHY wrote:
I actually agree with this, seems utter madness to me that back in my day you could pass your driving test on Monday morning, then set off down the street later that day with a 20 foot caravan on tow head bang
agreeagree

ITCHY wrote:

I aagree but maybe just training not £1000 to sort all my trailer licences out whick I could fail

ITCHY wrote:

I aagree but maybe just training not £1000 to sort all my trailer licences out whick I could fail

£1000 affraidaffraidaffraid

It's mad isn't it. Suppose its more cash for the
goverment! Glad I'm lucky enough to have an employer willing to put me through a class one.

ITCHY wrote:

Dave did Smilehide

@dick65 wrote:
ITCHY wrote:

Dave did Smilehide
and could drive a tractor, steam roller , and a motorbike (was it up to 125 or 250) seem to think it was 250., and a 7.5 ton lorry (not sure if that was after being 21) such a long time ago Embarassed

@Davehutch wrote:
@dick65 wrote:
ITCHY wrote:

Dave did Smilehide
and could drive a tractor, steam roller , and a motorbike (was it up to 125 or 250) seem to think it was 250., and a 7.5 ton lorry (not sure if that was after being 21) such a long time ago Embarassed
you could ride a 250 cc bike on L plates mate on your 17th birthday cos i did thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
@dick65 wrote:
ITCHY wrote:

Dave did Smilehide
you could ride a 250 cc bike on L plates mate on your 17th birthday cos i did thumbs
yes thats right I had my Gt 250 ram air thats what i took my test on thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
@dick65 wrote:
ITCHY wrote:

Dave did Smilehide
Hey Chad when Dave and Stan past there tests there wa an horse and cart entitlement on there LaughingLaughinghide

@Stue11 wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
@dick65 wrote:

Dave did Smilehide
Hey Chad when Dave and Stan past there tests there wa an horse and cart entitlement on there LaughingLaughinghide

God it makes me feel old. There was no cc limit when I did my test. Strangely enough I do drive a steam roller in the summer lol!

Direct gov doesn't make scense. I wana tow two bikes on a trailer as me and ash are looking into a couple of track day bikes. But I can't work out towing licence