Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XS1100

Zero VAT on Helmets UK RELATED

Just Note of interest.
Hopefully all UK riders are aware that the 20% VAT rate on motorcycle helmets is zero.
not only are the helmets zero rated, but also VAT is dropped to zero for helmet-related accessories purchased at the same time as the helmets, including ear plugs comms kit, under-helmet balaclavas & spare visors.
enter <SN02598> into google and have aread.
Save 20% on the price of the goods, or 16.67% off the incorrect VAT inclusive price.
Presumably the same would apply to good socks bought at the same time as industrial protective boots.
Presumably this link to an EU guide to motorcycle safety clothing has been featured here already.
Might be wourth mentioning this as some dealers charge the Vat!just tell them to google SN02598

Nice PDF on clothing stats
http://www.acem.eu/PPE/html/EN_eSUM_ppe.pdf

thanks for the heads up @gaz thumbs but dont get me started on socks angry give me a good pair of army socks any day m8 thumbs

Never mind socks I use ASDA plastic bags keep you dry and warm.and there cheap thumbs

@XS1100 wrote:
Never mind socks I use ASDA plastic bags keep you dry and warm.and there cheap thumbs

lol!lol!

Good bit of advice, thanks for that. I need a new lid this year. the saving now means i will be able to spend more.....

@XS1100 wrote:

I think most of us has used an old bag at onetime or another to keep us warm and dry fofl

@XS1100 wrote:

I think most of us has used an old bag at onetime or another to keep us warm and dry fofl

Got rid of mine when she ran off with my pension fund lol!