Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lee1

paint stripper problem

Doe anybody know of a very good paint stripper

as you all know I do a bit of polishing now and then

Heres the problem,so I went to do some today useing the same method,nitro morse the paint of first

so I scotch brite the lacquer off,then put the nitro morse on the item,and it did nothing didnt even bubble up scratch

so I read the can it said new formuls stronger strengh to which this is not true

so I went to a paint shop,and the guy said that nitro morse have taken some of the chemicals out of it,and sold me some other stuff this was just like nitro morse it did nothing at all

so if you know of a very good paint stripper could you please post what it is,and where to get it thanks lee thumbs

The censored ing EU screwed the active ingredients out of that stuff its now as good as useless!!!!!!!!!!! silent

brake fluid bubbled my paint up Very Happy aint much help I know.

@Neill wrote:
brake fluid bubbled my paint up Very Happy aint much help I know.

lol! even brake fluid isnt as good as it use to be

@dick65 wrote:
cheers dick thumbs

@XS1100 wrote:
Try using a heat gun?

it takes to long gaz,nitro morse was perfect and it kept the time to do it low

If I dont find something,then it will take twice aslong and people dont like waiting Sad

just thought I would bring this up,to let you all know the problem with nitromorse

after many hours searching google,I found that the chemical removed from nitromorse
is dichloromethane

now as gaz pointed out the eu have got strict on paint strippers,and so they should

take a look at what this chemical does,even though you can buy it on line ShockedShocked

http://www.theworks-works.com/press/dealing%20with%20Di-chloromethane.pdf

mustard gas Shocked really nasty stuff that lee its the
same in my line of work gardening, the amount of chemicals withdrawn is incredible with good justification as well, ddt being one.

Yep that sounds about right!
Thats me dead then cus Ive used buckets full of the stuff over the years!
So do I now say stuff it and go buy my 20 Rothmans that I quite 12 years ago and was one of my favourite pass time's of mine with a large whisky or do I carry on siting in my chair with the Hi Viz sipping green tea??????? Sad

What gets me is I can go online and buy it now no probs at all

ShockedShocked

@madsod wrote:
B &q drain cleaner . has worked for me in the past

agree but i also mixed that with b&q paint stripper when we moved into our house, coz the gloss paint was so thick where it was painted over and over by the old couple that we bought the house off, its a winner but be careful fumes are deadly and make sure you where gloves thumbs

@madsod wrote:
B &q drain cleaner . has worked for me in the past

with or without ginger wine and ice?

funny cause drain cleaner works brilliantly for stripping the anodizing off things Very Happy I've heard of a mix of Caustic soda and warm water ( till no more Caustic soda will desolve ) then thicken up with flour.. not sure how true that is but aparently it works but takes about 20 min or so to do its job :S