Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skikman

fork spring retainer rusted on solid

im trying to put oil in the forks on my old yamaha sr250.the spring is held in with a retainer[metal bung like thing]which is held in place with a spring clip[circlip like]that fits into a grove.the idea is to push down on the retainer pry out the clip and it should pop out.my retainer is rusted in solid.i have the clip out but the retainer wont budge.this is what ive tried so far.cleaned all the rust off,soaked over night in wd40,then over night in wd40 with fork compressed,then over night in diesel compressed,heated it up with heat gun,pounded up and down on the stanchion like a mad man.beat around it with a dead blow hammer.the fucker wont budge.any ideas? angry

get a nice drift and a big hammer and hit it hard it's got to move soon then later ,

@madsod wrote:
get a nice drift and a big hammer and hit it hard it's got to move soon then later ,
whats a drift and do you mean hit it on in to brake the seal?

@skikman wrote:
@madsod wrote:
yep thats the way big steel bar and a very big hammer

@madsod wrote:
@skikman wrote:
@madsod wrote:
i have been hitting it with a heavy hammer and deep socket.just keep banging away then?

@madsod wrote:
@skikman wrote:
@madsod wrote:
happy days.got it out.went back to unit [where the bike is] to see what way i was going to drill it.went at it for the last time with a heavy hammer and deep socket.beat the shit out off it and it poped out.cleaned it up put new o ring on and put oil in.i have the bike back together and will take her for a spin in the morn.f**k them things can be tight alright.thanks for all the help folks.learning a bit every day.

@skikman wrote:
@madsod wrote:
@skikman wrote:
@madsod wrote:
happy days.got it out.went back to unit [where the bike is] to see what way i was going to drill it.went at it for the last time with a heavy hammer and deep socket.beat the shit out off it and it poped out.cleaned it up put new o ring on and put oil in.i have the bike back together and will take her for a spin in the morn.f**k them things can be tight alright.thanks for all the help folks.learning a bit every day.

great news m8 we never stop learning thumbsthumbsparty