Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RichardH

rubbish MPG

My strom seems to be going through petrol like there is no tomorrow, if it was leaking I would smell it. One thing I have noticed though is the gearing.
On the Bandit I'm always looking for one more gear but on this I keep finding myself 2 gears lower than I think I am, do you think that could be the problem???

It's a pretty thirsty engine that one mate. You might do well to get on the SV1000 forum-they had a really good tech section. Csn't remember the actual name although I am a registered member Embarassed from the time I was really keen on buying one. Still am for that matter, all I need is the money & space Laughing

what you getting to a tank? my old SV 650 used to get about 150 till reserve, my uncles thou was about 120, and my ktm ( again a big old thirsty twin ) is getting about 100 miles to a tank, that 100 to a tank is £18 worth lol

I dont know at the moment, I went to London with three quarters and expected to fill up on the way home, nearly ran out in the middle of London, Filled up £24 affraid rode round for half an hour then did the 80 miles home, just went about 15 miles up the road and thought I would top up and set the tripometer to zero so I can see what I'm getting, ANOTHER £16 affraidaffraid

not doing too bad then. Put some 100 octane fuel in the ktm tonight, im guessing i will get about 95/100 miles to the tank. Big twins will drink fuel, but the sound they make and the acceleration is worth it lol

if due. new filters and oil etc can help. but is a 1l bike most are thristy.

The big twins, you can literally smell the fuel being drank by the bike rofl

@fr499y wrote:
if due. new filters and oil etc can help. but is a 1l bike most are thristy.

The big twins, you can literally smell the fuel being drank by the bike rofl

I'm not gonna be looking at the big twins then as gonna be commuting to london 3days 3nights then i'll ave me 3days off for messing about on the bike thumbs

sounds like ya need to tank it up rich,then see what ya getting before reserve

I know when I picked the bandit up I went through £35.00 in a weekend Shocked

Think most people dont take into account the price of fuel,even me I still want 100miles for a tenner them days are long gone

I must look at 5 cars a week for fuel consumption but I cant tell the customers to retrain there brain,fuel is expensive now SadSadSad

I know what you mean Lee, can't see me keeping this long, Will probably start looking for Gs800 or similar.

ITCHY wrote:
I know what you mean Lee, can't see me keeping this long, Will probably start looking for Gs800 or similar.

I would run it rich till reserve comes in then test it

dont forget were still in winter which wont help

I know when we did some calculations at work,people were losing 28% of there fuel due to cold weather

I would say bikes arent far behind that thumbs

bring on the summer thumbs