Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jimmywiz

removing keys from ignition when on

I can remove my keys from my ignition on the XJ600 when its in the on position - its pissing annoying as i have left it on a few times and come down in the morning and its dead as a do do - altho it seams to have reconditioned the batery LOL - but reading on other fourms a lot of the XJ's do this and they all say it dose it even on new ignitions - can anyone else do this - its doing my head in and now im paranoyd that i leave it on over night - can this harm anything

It'll harm you if it flies out the ignition barrel at 90mph No

Get a barrel for a different bike with a similar wiring set up and solder it together if necessary. Just an idea anyway. My mate did that when his ignition was screw-drivered

It'll harm you if it flies out the ignition barrel at 90mph No

Get a barrel for a different bike with a similar wiring set up and solder it together if necessary. Just an idea anyway. My mate did that when his ignition was screw-drivered

ya gd idea - it dont have to be the same one - will keep and eye out

Yeah like check the number of pins on the socket, and take note of the wire colours. Try and get as close a match as possible, sometimes you can get lucky and find another make that fits perfectly.... sometimes