Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smilinjack

Might be in Amsterdam for Bank Hols.....

I've had a guy wanting a service on his machine for quite some time, but struggled with flight prices & time (I'm working full time) so I floated the idea of riding over. I can carry more gear and costwise it's pretty much par. He's OK with it so it looks like Calais to Amsterdam on Saturday, all paid Very Happy Only problem is my mum's gravely ill and I'm worried that I'll do all this and have to cancel if mum takes a turn for the worse. The horns of a dilemma eh? head bang

There's not much advice to give here, it's such a personal choice. The only thing to say is do what feels comfortable for you. If you can get over there, get the work done and get back then go for it. If you're not comfortable going, then don't. Consider though, would your Mum object to you going? Amsterdam is really no further from you than Newcastle (I think), so check the logistics of getting home quickly. I'm not saying "get yourself there, it'll be fine", just a few things to consider and make sure you're comfortable with any decision you make.

Whatever you do, hope you and your Mum are okay thumbs

There's not much advice to give here, it's such a personal choice. The only thing to say is do what feels comfortable for you. If you can get over there, get the work done and get back then go for it. If you're not comfortable going, then don't. Consider though, would your Mum object to you going? Amsterdam is really no further from you than Newcastle (I think), so check the logistics of getting home quickly. I'm not saying "get yourself there, it'll be fine", just a few things to consider and make sure you're comfortable with any decision you make.

Whatever you do, hope you and your Mum are okay thumbs
agree with Mike not much to add other than i pray for your mam all the best Alan.

Been there, done that, what will be will be, no matter what you do, as said, do what you are comfortable with.Hope she makes a recovery.
As a foot note I'm going to Holland on 15th, well staying in Bruge but going to do a run to Holland to take in a few sea bridges, should be interesting as I don't like water.

its a tough call alan,hollands not that far and you should be able to get back quickly,but just do what you feels right m8

agree with the above hope your mum is ok alan

Thanks gang, probably going to book ferry tonight. I'll be back on Monday anyway, it's a bit of an in-out job. As an aside,a Dutch chap on the ZZR forum wants to meet me on the way back to Calais for a coffee and a handshake. Great thing the internet, always feel like you're among friends-not least on here of course. Smilepint