Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tubthumper

3 cheers for Mr. Suzuki's quality control!

So, rear brake pads need changing and the fluid needs bleeding and replacing.

I try to remove torque arm nut to remove caliper, this rounds and has to be removed by hitting a impact socket onto it (yes the metal really is that soft).

Next, the pins that hold the pads in are seized solid, and even though the caliper has been drilled to allow the usage of a pin to hit them out from the other side, still won't budge even with liberal applications of PlusGas. So, i decide to split the caliper and remove the pins this way.

So, I go to bleed the fluid from the system to prevent any accidents and what do you know? The bleed nipple is stuck solid and shears of right in my hand, leaving only the stud.

What should be a 15 minute job has now turned into an expensive one that will take over a week!

Remind me again why exatcly it is that I consistently buy Suzukis? Sadhead bang

Josh thumbs

I know were you coming from Josh hence why i pay someone else to do it LaughingLaughingthumbs rather pay the dollas than have the headache of such jobs thumbs

nightmare m8 hope you get it sorted should have bought yamaha thumbs

sounds to me like its corrosion etc thats caused most of that. and youll get it with almost any bike only bike make i swaer by for top quality is honda, yet im on a suzuki and want a triumph next lol

Remind me again why exactly it is that I consistently buy Suzukis? Sadhead bang Josh thumbs

Because you like the way they change colour as soon as it gets damp? hide

Suppose i'm lucky as I got my Bandit new and took every bolt off cleaned and replaced and do it on a regular basis. Hopefully won't catch that Suzuki corrosion syndrome SadRolling Eyes
It just seems when things start to go wrong Josh, it just snowballs! Hope you get sorted without to much pain mate thumbs

It just seems when things start to go wrong Josh, it just snowballs! Hope you get sorted without to much pain mate thumbs

agree Very true, regardless of marque.

Well, it seems the only thing shitter than the caliper hardware is are the drill bits i tried to drill the bleed nipple out with! Gave up fairly quickly, countersunk the top and filled it with chemical metal. Looks pretty good to be honest so not too upset about that.

Just ordered a stainless all-in-one Goodridge banjo-bolt-cum-bleed-nipple, should do the trick! Shame it cost me 15 (yes, 15!!) hard earned sterlings.

I also took the liberty to split the caliper to finally free the pins, and ground the ends down so the fit was less snug to stop them from corroding stiff in future. Lots and lots of copperslip on the ends now that should also help!

Now just to wait untill the banjo bolt comes so I can fill the system with some fresh fluid and hope for the best with no leaks!!

Josh thumbs