Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XS1100

Anyone riding in Spain

Dear All, in the unlikely event (?) of anyone riding in Spain in the near future, I would like to make you aware of 2 road laws I knew nothing about Surprised

1) If your bike weighs more than a moped, you must have the headlight on dipped during the day.

2) Outside of built up areas you must leave at least 1.5 metres between you and anything else when you overtake.

Cheers Gaz I will be riding off the ferry in Santander Monday lunchtime-with dipped headlight of course! Laughingthumbs

Also if you go through a tunnel or under a large flyover you must put your headlights on. Its a fineable traffic offence if you dont.

Forgot to add :

90 euros for the headlight thing, and 200 for the overtaking!

Gosh Dave how are you going to pass border control for the Isle of Man

Also, don't censored with the Guardia Civil - they have *much* bigger guns than local plod and tend not to be too jolly. No Oh and if you pay to use the motorways, don't make the mistake of thinking that it's therefore essentially a private road and is ungoverned by such trivialities as speed limits. Laughing

I did like the traffic-light speed control systems on the edge of small towns though thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
dont think it will affect me, i dont even have a passport Embarassed

Surely under the rehabilitation of offenders act 1974, your time is spent and you can get one now?

hide