Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
louismanx

I bought this jacket.

I can honestly say it is rubbish. I wore last Friday(very wet I know) for the first time and within 10 minutes it was leaking!!! By the time I arrived at my destination(130 miles) I had changed my t-shirt twice and was still absolutely dripping wet to the point that I was wringing out my shirts to remove the excess water. I'm off to see about it now and will post the results of my friendly chat at the shop. rain

http://www.frank-thomas.co.uk/index.php/ftw348-xti-2-aquatec-jacket-black.html

sad to hear that as my old frank thomas jacket never let a drop in,i always wear rev'it now pricey but worth it,let us know how you get on with the shop thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
sad to hear that as my old frank thomas jacket never let a drop in. thumbs

Same here I bought a Frank Thomas gore tex jacket about 11 or 12 years ago and its still 100% waterproof.it even stood up to 4 days of Scottish rain a couple of years ago.

i have a 2 pieces set of leathers made by them and find them very well made . take the bug back if it leaks ,

Unusual for Frank Thomas...having said that ive never bought waterproofs..... thumbs

If I remember right J and S bought Frank Thomas when it went bust a year or two ago but retained the name for marketing purposes

Here's the latest, It's my own stupid fault as the coat itself is NOT waterproof it needs the waterproof lining fitted to stop me getting wet. The coat on its own does have a lining that is not waterproof in its own right. How I had it is purely for summer(this is Britain) and is not designed to be waterproof. Had I known that it is unlikely that I would have bought it. Ah well we live and learn.