Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
louismanx

Ducati Panigale recall

not a good start,i thought quality control was on the up at ducati.

Thats the last thing you want to be reading after buying one thumb down

Hence why ile only ever buy jap.....allthough ducati's are stunning machines Shocked

@Stue11 wrote:
Hence why ile only ever buy jap.....allthough ducati's are stunning machines Shocked

Really ? And you think Jap bikes don't Have recalls

kawasaki

Suzuki

It goes for most manufacturers. Click on the home button on the VOSA web site and search for any make and model. It makes interesting reading Smile

And thats the ones the manufacturers are declaring. Plenty of defects get " fixed" during a service unknown to the general public or the manufacturer will say it only affects a few vehicles so no need for a full recall as this can lead to bad press.
I've worked in bike and car manufacturing so have seen this A few times. Smile

I know japs have recalls if anything more so than any other manufacturer but probably because theres more of em produced and on mass as we all know...But im yet to meet an owner of an old or new Ducati that as not had a problem at some point..having said that they make the most adorable sounding and looking bikes bar non..and despite me saying what i said if i had me mothers budget i'd buy one just to say ive owned one thumbs

Recently BMW were pulling local S1000RR's back in for big end bolts letting go !

Suzuki had my B-King back for a new rectifier,

At least they fixed them !!
Unlike Suzuki when some early alloy subframe
broke, they changed the new model to steel but really
were not helpful to current owners,
blaming aftermarket pipes or luggage or abuse.

recently k5 /k6 gsxr 1000 had a recall due to cracking behind the headstock. The frames were replaced if cracking was found or reinforced if no cracking found.