Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BanditMike

It's that time of year ...

That I start looking at wrapping the bike and getting the essentials done. Given the recent change in the weather I think come the end of the month the bike will be up on stands getting the annual maintenance done. Going to strip of the fairings and change oil, air filters etc. Also may add some braided brake hoses while everything's off. Also got plans for some new levers, carbon cover the fairing fins and the seat cowl and maybe a new tank insert. We'll see Very Happythumbsthumbs

Ive got hoggin the bridge in a couple of weeks thats normally the last rideout of the year..having said that i did get out on mine a few times last winter Sad

its getting close now,the Ace gets put away for winter but i'll still be using the XJ900 as a winter hack its also got shaft drive so no fiddling on with a chain thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
its getting close now,the Ace gets put away for winter but i'll still be using the XJ900 as a winter hack its also got shaft drive so no fiddling on with a chain thumbs

I've just got the ace out for winter! Shocked

i found my Ace too powerful last year when the roads get all crappy,had some interesting slides Laughing you just wanna use that old honda matt thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
i found my Ace too powerful last year when the roads get all crappy,had some interesting slides Laughing you just wanna use that old honda matt thumbs

The old Honda might be going ( too heavy to pick up if i ever dropped it ) might be getting a 250 supermoto for the worse months.

God mine hasnt seen daylight since aug Embarassed

Going to try and get the engine out and sprayed and the wheels mgetting stripped for refurb as well. mbike

I'm off friday and monday so i'm hoping to get a few miles on the bike this weekend , was hoping to pop to devon however it all depends on the weather and money situation (been a effing expensive month and we are only 2 days into it).
so it may be pottering about a bit more localish.

@jezza wrote:
I'm off friday and monday so i'm hoping to get a few miles on the bike this weekend , was hoping to pop to devon however it all depends on the weather and money situation (been a effing expensive month and we are only 2 days into it).
you can always pop over for your manual Wink

@Davehutch wrote:
@jezza wrote:
you can always pop over for your manual Wink

i might do that , i'll ring you before popping over.

Im waiting till the first lot of salt goes down

yep, when the salt comes down the bike goes away .. just the odd day over winter then.. mbike

I was debating doing the Cauld Arse Rally this year at the end of October, but might be a bit warm for me ShockedthumbsLaughingLaughing

May just keep the bike inside and look to do a bit more next year once Uni is done and dusted thumbscheerscheers