Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
airlock

OZ 4x4. help please.

hello good people, once again i must pose a question to you witch is not related to bikes in anyway. come april me and my gf will leave Melbourne for a round Australia road trip and the only only part that worrying me is the choice of vehicle, ive done some research but theres jsut so many options it would be good to get some ideas and opinions. we will be doing a large amound of highway driving but will also be taking it offroad on mud, dirt, sand, gravel and everything else you can think off, nothing massivly heavy but still a large amount of offloading so will be needing a truck that can handle all this while offering good on road performance and comfort with acceptable fuel economy and top reliability. the clincher is it cant be more then $15000 AU. as the truck must have low range, aircon and a good amount of space as we will be taking alot of gear i have been considering the following: nissan pathfinder, holdon Jakeroo and the mitsubishi pajaro. i have had to exclude the popular favourites of the land cruiser and nissan patrol as both are out of our price range for a good condition example with sub 150k km. also as diesel trucks are far more expensive it looks like the choice will be the petrol examples of the above. my final question is about duel fuel systems, lpg and pertrol. how reliable are these, do they cause problems, do they reduce performance or cause any excess wear? any help you can offer would be great as im really stuck as to witch i would go for. I know its very un-british but the landrover discovery has had to be excluded as well as although it does offer all the comfort, space and on/offroad ability we want the reputation for poor reliability and the build quality you can expect from a team of blind quadriplegics has put it out of the question .

Well you can be very unbritish as we dont own landrover anymore Im afraid

I was going to suggest the land cruiser till I read further into your post as that fits what you want

if money is tight then the pathfinder would be my choice

Like with any 4x4 they all break im afraid

duel fuel can cost an arm and a leg if it goes wrong I dont know about oz but back here repairs to the gas system must be carried out by authorised installer

good luck mate as said pathfinder would be my choice thumbs