Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

While my tank was off I checked my airfilter and its a bit dirty and looks like it could do with a clean. It's not paper its like a carpet? All fluffy. What's best way to go about this?

chad is it supposed to be a paper filter thats completely worn out? As they cant really be cleaned and re-used ( mind you, cheap enough anyway ) If its a K&N filter then air line and re-oil it. By the sounds of it, being fluffy is a nackered paper filter Smile

No not paper. It's a layer of foam. And layer of a carpet type stuff. Had some engine oil on it as it came out breather. Drained some oil as the people who serviced it had it a tad high. Luckily not dangerously. So I've cleaned with petrol and jobs a gooden.

Like this one Chad?

I think these can be cleaned with a high flash point solvent then dried with compressed air then smear with an oil soaked rag (motor or gear oil) to re-oil it. Think this is what was in my old zx6 Chad but the're not to expensive to replace. thumbs

I've got £14 for 4 weeks lol. And its only 6 months old just bit of oil on it I've cleaned it and I will do that rag thing thanks