Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

printer/copier ??????

I always go with HP mainly because my old firm used them and they were reliable. Got a Photosmart 6510. Print Scan Copy and Web. You can print straight from your posh new mobile. Only uses 4 cartridges and you can get them from here
http://www.internet-ink.co.uk/?gclid=CIWY7fflirQCFW3MtAodKDEAGg
used them for about 10 years now and always good quality and service

Personally I'm fairly anti the 3-in-1 style jobbies - nowt worse than not being able to scan something because it's out of ink! head bang [1]

I still believe that the best way is to have a mono laser for mundane stuff (OK stuff at around £75 new, old HP 'flat' laserjets like the the 5x go on forever) a stand alone scanner and a inkjet with good print quality for the odd occasion when a splash of colour is needed. Cheap colour lasers make no sense at all - at low volumes they are even dearer than inkjets and at high volumes they will simply make you cry (£280 for a set for my old HP 2600n with a 2000 page yield, which became more like 250 if you were doing photos).

If you must go down the multfunction route, in my experience I can suggest that the canon MP / Pixma range are junk, the high end Epson stylus has very good print quality but the inks are on the steep side - and they really don't like the compatible inks and the HP offerings are pretty robust, and the OfficeJet Pros seem rather good. Lots have wireless connectivity, less have ethernet connectivity.

Best thing to do is to decide what features are important to *you* whether it be print speed, ink cost, connectivity, cost to buy, paper capacity, footprint, scanning resolution, what colour the LEDs are etc. and then find the one that best fits your criteria rather than what some marketing bloke in PC World says is the best buy thumbs

[1] Then again I also don't like fridge/freezers or washer/dryers.

ive got a top end kodak,does a great job of everything and the ink's cheap thumbs

i went to go hp as they are good but ink prices are more, same as anouther one i looked at.

ive got a cannon, and its great, good photos, simple, and inks not too badly priced its about average.

kodak i believe have cheap ink?

dep0ends if you dont mind contineus costs thumbs

Ive got a kodak all in one printer scanner
never had a problem with it in 2years

as said cheap ink to thumbs