Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haveugot1

locking wheel nuts.

Took me car to get new tyres put when they came across and said they had rounded the locking key off whilst trying to remove the studs. I phoned bmw. Who said they torque them up but they shouldn't be tight (eh). So I've had to come to bmw to try and get a key and untighten the rest. What a f**k on. Sad

halfords do a set of sockets with a left handed thread mark they are designed to remove locking wheel nuts thumbs

After an hour in bmw they didn't charge me and they went through 2 locking keys to get the studs out. Which in my eyes is way to tight.

Their policy is torque them to 120nm, if they don't they actually sacked a lad for not sticking to policy.

I think hand tight for them as their splined.

nothing worse than tight nuts Rolling Eyes i always give them a tap with a hammer or punch before i try to loosen em.

@madcarper wrote:
nothing worse than tight nuts Rolling Eyes i always give them a tap with a hammer or punch before i try to loosen em.
if someone was to show me there nuts , think i would punch them too gay

was it the front or rear wheels they could not get off mark,cos i had your fronts off when i painted the bumper Embarassed mind i've never had any bother with taking off lock nuts i have put on before.

@haveugot1 wrote:
took mine off and put normal nuts on.

Was going to but at over 2k i cant afford to get them nicked thumbs

fortunately for me theres not much demand for alloy wheels off a 10 year old Rover these days

Mark if there the sline ones like these

take them off and throw them in the bin
the problem with them is the splines in wheel nut rust then they slip or snapp the key

you can get anti rust locking wheels nuts for ya car,there not cheap but are a dam site better than the origanals

thumbsthumbs

Ian they were took off after you had it.

And bloody hell lee think I will sell them and buy new. I got the lads to just nip them hand tight so for now they will be ok.

@haveugot1 wrote:
Ian they were took off after you had it.

And bloody hell lee think I will sell them and buy new. I got the lads to just nip them hand tight so for now they will be ok.
its not just bmw mate alot use this type and they aint good