Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gravelrash

Kawasaki zzr 1100 d model

help Does anyone know how to get the clutch slave cylinder piston out? tried the old air pump in the bleed nipple hole, no good! tried a grease gun on the bleed nipple, can get the piston to move flush with the cylinder casting but no further and yes I'm now covered in grease and using the hydraulics is no good as the seal has gone and air pisses past. I have used these methods numerous times on callipers and have always succeeded scratch It looks like a second hand replacement is required but I just don't like to be beaten surrender

Did you remove the bleed nipple then try compressed air,Ive had this before just blowing air into the bleed nipple is somtimes not enough

if that dont work then may need a soak in wd thumbs

Thanks Lee thumbs yes removed bleed nipple and blocked hydraulic line feed, first tried air then grease, going to try soaking in plusgas then if that doesn't work bin it as a replacement can be sourced for £15 not worth the hassle really! Rolling Eyes

Just to close the thread, finally got the bugger out using a bolt in the hydraulic feed hole. Closed the bleed nipple and just slowly using small quantities of grease screwed the bolt in then unscrewed it, added more grease screwed the bolt in again etc. took some time but it worked! band

Think I need to invest in a small compressor! (and sorry about the blurry photo's bit to cold in the garage for the camera I think!) lol!

remember seeing some expanding plier/molegrip type of thing thats designed to get siezed pistons out but I cant remember where I saw em.I once managed to get some out of a siezed Srad front caliper with some external circlip pliers.

Good on ya for persevering thumbs

Did you do a little happy dance and taunt the offending part about how it lost, or is that just me? Embarassed

nice one mike thumbs i remember doing the Ace a couple years back just took the rubber boot off and it popped out.

Got some and they are good but the slave cylinder is to shallow for them to grip properly! No

@Macie_UK wrote:
Good on ya for persevering thumbs

Did you do a little happy dance and taunt the offending part about how it lost, or is that just me? Embarassed

I did, Oh yes! lol!

@dick65 wrote:
nice one mike thumbs i remember doing the Ace a couple years back just took the rubber boot off and it popped out.

The bike has been sat an awful long time Dick, about 10 years!! Sad