Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

anyone work for bmw?? need some advice!

Keys been lost. Can a new one to match the car be done off the plate or is it new ecu time?

[quote="Chadatious"]Keys been lost. Can a new one to match the car be done off the plate or is it new ecu time?[/quote

you need logbook in your name proof of id
and they will do one

then it will need coding to the car thumbs 

@lee wrote:
Keys been lost. Can a new one to match the car be done off the plate or is it new ecu time?[/quote

and they will do one

Any idea on costs?

@lee wrote:
Keys been lost. Can a new one to match the car be done off the plate or is it new ecu time?[/quote

and they will do one

Any idea on costs?
no idea mate but it wont be cheap its a bmw

@lee wrote:
@lee wrote:

and they will do one

Any idea on costs?
no idea mate but it wont be cheap its a bmw
Noo. It's my boss paying. Just need to sort it. Worry is where's they key. Hoping to find it but it's been two days already

thanks mate. all we need just before crimbo! hope we can find the old one, one thing that is a worry is who has it. hopefully no one but cars stuck there and if someones found they key i hope their not dodgy. but hopefully will get sorted just need to eye up the options on what to do about replacing it Wink

thanks mate. all we need just before crimbo! hope we can find the old one, one thing that is a worry is who has it. hopefully no one but cars stuck there and if someones found they key i hope their not dodgy. but hopefully will get sorted just need to eye up the options on what to do about replacing it Wink

I know at landrover they can reprogram the keys incase this happens so the old key is deemed useless

so maybe worth asking bmw when you order the new key hope the old one turns up thumbs