Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smilinjack

East of England VFR run

As some of you will know, I also spend a fair bit of time on a VFR forum. There's a ride out next Sunday which I'm hoping to attend as long as the weather's OK and I sort out my battery problems. Based on previous runs they seem a good bunch and actually you don't see too many VFRs  Shocked I'm sure anyone would be made welcome.  Smile 

http://www.bikersoracle.com/vfr/forum/showthread.php?t=125626

@Davehutch wrote:
I will see what the weathers like as well , but might tag along if that's ok ?

Nae bother mate, I was thinking of going to Posh on the Melton road past Rutland Water. Wouldn't be too hard to arrange a meet.  Smile 

@Davehutch wrote:
I will see what the weathers like as well , but might tag along if that's ok ?

Nae bother mate, I was thinking of going to Posh on the Melton road past Rutland Water. Wouldn't be too hard to arrange a meet.  Smile 

thumbs speak to you next Saturday after I have been out on a dummy run for helping marshal the egg run for the CMA

Just come in from work dude. I'd like to go although I ought to go up to work, lot of setting up to do. I'm more concerned with my manky neck though TBH. I suspect it might revolve on if I can get up, not forgetting we go onto BST tonight.  Smile 

Right, I'm up, my neck ls better, so I'm offski. Dave, I'll go via Melton Mowbray so if you want to meet I'd suggest the stretch of road after the island near Oakham along the A606, just before Rutland Water. If you're not bothered no probs, I'll hang around a few minutes then go. you can always catch me at the meet. Peterborough services on the A1.  Smile 

Enjoyed it, but what a start! Four degrees and less than 100m visibility on the way to Melton  Shocked  The leader chose a good route with plenty of scope for speed but not much danger of getting lost/split up. A couple stacked a VFR12 after 20 miles but they were both upright afterwards so I guess you have to say good enough. I left after the lunch break at Foxton Locks to do a bit of work up at the unit. I'll post a link to photos & vids if any pop up. Did just under 200 miles.  Smile 

@Davehutch wrote:
So did you enjoy m8 ?

Yes mate. It was a good pace too. Most of them had big trailie type shit like Explorers, Multistradas and suchlike. A fair few VFR 1200s too. There were maybe half a dozen VFR800s and a 636 Kawasaki keeping up the tiddler content  Laughing no prob keeping up but I've never had the Vtec chiming in so much. Gearbox feels nice with that Silkolene oil in BTW.  Smile 

@Davehutch wrote:
So did you enjoy m8 ?

Yes mate. It was a good pace too. Most of them had big trailie type shit like Explorers, Multistradas and suchlike. A fair few VFR 1200s too. There were maybe half a dozen VFR800s and  a 636 Kawasaki keeping up the tiddler content  Laughing no prob keeping up but I've never had the Vtec chiming in so much. Gearbox feels nice with that Silkolene oil in BTW.  Smile 
nice 1 m8  thumbs