Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fr499y

Getting back into cycling

I used to be into cycling, but since my old bike was stolen, I've been slacking. So plan was to get out on the bike after work for a few hour every night.

Well, that was the plan! Got a few miles out from home and this bloody happened!

Snapped clean off whilst going along, locked the back wheel up and damaged the frame on the inside censored

since my bikes were stolen I've had nothing but shit luck with any two wheel related items! The BMW engine was knackered as well with 5,000 on the clock.

got some new parts on there way, if it fails again I will be going back to single speed like I had previously for the past 10 years.

never known owt like it matt - been into cycling since I was a nipper and never known this to happen I do a lot of off road as well scratch hope you can sort it thumbs

Looks like the circlip inside the derailleur gave up. The spring inside pushed the derailleur from the hanger and as a result, locked the wheel up causing damage to frame whilst snapping the hanger in half!

Got all kitted up to go out on the BMW.. 3" censored nail in the back tyre.. WTF did I do so wrong to deserve all this bad luck? Some how went in head side first with the sharp bit sticking out.

@fr499y wrote:
Got all kitted up to go out on the BMW.. 3" censored  nail in the back tyre.. WTF did I do so wrong to deserve all this bad luck? Some how went in head side first with the sharp bit sticking out.
dont know what to say Matt surrender

I was going to swap the back wheel with my dads but the offset is slightly different lol So looks like i'm stuck riding the MT-03 for a few days, I didn't want to as the PC5 is direct above the standard exhaust box, which gets VERY VERY hot!

New Derailleur and a hanger fitted to bicycle Smile New tyre also fitted on the BMW! Now it will actually have matching tyres and not two odd ones thumbs