Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoonie

Christmas Time Chitter Chat ~ Daily Thread

Hi Gill .... Are you keeping warm??

Kijo, make something that is warm ..... it is cold outside!! gravy and bisquits sound good .....

08410.jpg

this is the outfit for my girl elf when shes finished i still have to make the apron

Gill Tanya has made a picture monster out of me lol

I can hardly speak Armell.
Boogie's inner Barry White has set up shop here now! congratulations

Throat is really sore and kept me awake, but after I finally dozed off, I got an early phone call from the lady who's coming to fetch Socks for his vaccinations this morning.
So am now sat here looking like the mad woman out of the attic! *sigh*

How's everyone else?

armellproctor wrote:
 08410.jpg

this is the outfit for my girl elf when shes finished i still have to make the apron

ooppss i forgot to turn that one around

Zoonie wrote:

Throat is really sore and kept me awake, but after I finally dozed off, I got an early phone call from the lady who's coming to fetch Socks for his vaccinations this morning.

How's everyone else?
ah i am sorry to hear that hun i pray you get better soon

I need to read back a bit I think, well done Army Laughing

STILL no oil yet Tanya, so they've had our money since the 14th, promised oil the Tuesday before Christmas, or the Wednesday, then said it was priority for yesterday ....

I despair!

Zoonie wrote:

How's everyone else?

awwww.... I am so sorry .... Have you tried chewing up an asperin?? it is bitter, but helps with the sore throat... Children's chewable ones are great!!

so no luck finding Socks a home...
armellproctor wrote:

ooppss i forgot to turn that one around[/quote]
very cute outfit ..... ha ha .... making me turn sideways .....

Gill, just call me Dr. FrankenTanya ......

TanyaRC wrote:
Zoonie wrote:

How's everyone else?

awwww.... I am so sorry .... Have you tried chewing up an asperin?? it is bitter, but helps with the sore throat... Children's chewable ones are great!!

so no luck finding Socks a home...
armellproctor wrote:

ooppss i forgot to turn that one around

very cute outfit ..... ha ha .... making me turn sideways .....

Gill, just call me Dr. FrankenTanya ...... [/quote]

well at least the rest were turned up right lol i can't be perfect lol

Dr FrankenTanya congratulationscongratulations

I've got some antiseptic throat spray, it's a bit out of date but it still seems to help a little and some soluable asprin I can gargle with later.
I just want to get better for tomorrow as it's the first NYE big night out that we've had in about 15 years or more. We've only had our neighbours round for a meal over the time we've lived here (o0r gone there) and to be honest, they're not real party type people, so it's been very sedate!

Zoonie wrote:

I've got some antiseptic throat spray, it's a bit out of date but it still seems to help a little and some soluable asprin I can gargle with later.
I just want to get better for tomorrow as it's the first NYE big night out that we've had in about 15 years or more. We've only had our neighbours round for a meal over the time we've lived here (o0r gone there) and to be honest, they're not real party type people, so it's been very sedate!

Well .... I hear that alcohol is good at numbing pain ...... ?

I know what you mean about going out ... I wil be at work ... but I get off at 11pm ...

Zoonie wrote:

Gill i really wish for you to get better i have sent you some mail to cheer you up xoxox

btw Gill, Who is more forceful with tradespeople...You or IMOM??
If you were here, I would call them for you .....My mom thinks that I am a miracle worker ..... or at least very bossy ....... lol

TanyaRC wrote:

I know what you mean about going out ... I wil be at work ... but I get off at 11pm ...

congratulations well, hopefully tomorrow night I'll be able to taste the alcohol!
We're going up to London, by train, meeting a couple of very long-standing friends, who've also had some quiet NYEs while their children were growing up, and having a (hopefully) excellent meal and some drinks.
Just keeping my fingers crossed that the promised foot of snow doesn't fall in our neck of the woods - as you know by now, the UK can't deal with weather :wub:

I'm glad you get off work in time to ring in the New Year hey!

armellproctor wrote:
Gill i really wish for you to get better i have sent you some mail to cheer you up xoxox

That's so kind on both counts, thank you Army - I have been neglecting PS dreadfully - not really been able to get in to it since the beginning of November, what with one thing and another.
I didn't send out Christmas gifts, so I'm going to have to try hard and catch up and send NY gifts instead
:good:

I hope the snow stays away ...You deserve a night out.. Maybe even spend the night in town where you can have heat!!

Zoonie wrote:
TanyaRC wrote:

congratulations well, hopefully tomorrow night I'll be able to taste the alcohol!
We're going up to London, by train, meeting a couple of very long-standing friends, who've also had some quiet NYEs while their children were growing up, and having a (hopefully) excellent meal and some drinks.
Just keeping my fingers crossed that the promised foot of snow doesn't fall in our neck of the woods - as you know by now, the UK can't deal with weather :wub:

armellproctor wrote:

That's so kind on both counts, thank you Army - I have been neglecting PS dreadfully - not really been able to get in to it since the beginning of November, what with one thing and another.
I didn't send out Christmas gifts, so I'm going to have to try hard and catch up and send NY gifts instead

gill i have an extra swan chestershire (i cant spell it ) cat and an extra rabbit mad hatter i think it's called would you like those too ! i would love to give them to you

Zoonie wrote:
TanyaRC wrote:

armellproctor wrote:

no worries hun you have done so much for me already

inu-kijo wrote:

Then I will post it now!

Picture just for yoooou!

Gill!! Look at what Kijo drew me !! ....... Isn't it the most beautiful picture ever!!!!

TanyaRC wrote:
If you were here, I would call them for you .....My mom thinks that I am a miracle worker ..... or at least very bossy ....... lol

Me. And usually I'm quite a miracle worker, but this time I ordered the oil through a co-operative who place bulk orders with the cheapest supplier, so I've given them a big flea in their ear and told them that it's made me think twice about ever using them again - got a grovelling apology back, but of course, it's out of their hands.

Don't think we can stay up town overnight, everywhere will be booked up (not to mention £££££) but I shall wrap up very warm and be careful what I choose to wear.

[quote="armellproctor"]:

armellproctor wrote:

gill i have an extra swan chestershire (i cant spell it ) cat and an extra rabbit mad hatter i think it's called would you like those too ! i would love to give them to you

I think I have the Cheshire Cat and the Rabbit thanks, but I haven't got a swan if you do have a spare, that would be nice. Thank you again xxx

aaaw Kijo's pic is so cute

[quote="Zoonie"]

TanyaRC wrote:

Me. And usually I'm quite a miracle worker, but this time I ordered the oil through a co-operative who place bulk orders with the cheapest supplier, so I've given them a big flea in their ear and told them that it's made me think twice about ever using them again - got a grovelling apology back, but of course, it's out of their hands.

Don't think we can stay up town overnight, everywhere will be booked up (not to mention £££££) but I shall wrap up very warm and be careful what I choose to wear.

armellproctor wrote:
:

armellproctor wrote:

I think I have the Cheshire Cat and the Rabbit thanks, but I haven't got a swan if you do have a spare, that would be nice. Thank you again xxx

aaaw Kijo's pic is so cute

on its way hun and if you find you don't have the others let me know

I thought it might be you .... IMOM seems a bit laid back ... My OH is very laid back ... It takes a lot to get him worked up.. Too bad that you can't stop payment on the oil ...

Thanks Armell Smile

I can't stop the payment, or believe me I would. It was by Debit Card, which in the electronic age, is instant.
IMOM can get very forceful, but it takes quite a lot. I am known for 'getting my gander up' lol, very highly principled and if someone upsets me, they can look out.
I'm not rude, but forceful and think quickly in conversation, so it's hard to get the better of me most of the time.

Sadly, this is just one of those things, and at this time of the year there's no point cancelling as the wait with other companies will be even longer - so they have us over a barrel so to speak.

TanyaRC wrote:
<<<<<<<< Hey look, I just noticed .... I am a big tree!!

Congrats on being a bid tree , lol i just noticed i am a little tree lol

Princesita wrote:
hello ... how's everyone doing? Smile

hello Marisol i hope you are well , did you have agood Christmas ?

Hi Marisl!! How are you today??

@ Gill .... This time of the year it is hard to get anything done ...

Wish Fairy wrote:
Morning all - how is everyone ?

Hi Sharon!! How are you feeling today?? About to recover from the Christmas visitors??

Hi Princess, Hi Wish - how are you both?

We had a lovely Christmas really, but boy does the house look like a tornado ripped through it now! congratulations

Yes, Tanya, Christmas is an excuse for any and every delay! They really should've caught up with the problems that the weather caused. The agent thinks they just accepted far more orders than they could hope to fulfil - my problem is that you can only order oil when you have room to store it, so you can't factor in such long delays!

Yes - it was great thanks. We all had a really good time and got some very nice gifts. I am recovering today from a very long week of cooking cleaning, washing up and washing Laughing

But we'll have a quiet new years eve as everyone has gone and the kids are off to London and Suffolk

well my friends i am going to have to love you and leave you see you all tomorrow and Tanya thanks for making me into a monster lol i really appreciate it . you all take care now and have fun xoxox

good night xoxo

armellproctor wrote:
well my friends i am going to have to love you and leave you see you all tomorrow and Tanya thanks for making me into a monster lol i really appreciate it . you all take care now and have fun xoxox

Hope to see you soon Armell to catch up :winked:

mine was good. It is not over yet ... We go see the inlaws in a week to celebrate with them ....

Wish Fairy wrote:
armellproctor wrote:

Hope to see you soon Armell to catch up :winked:
hope to see you soon too, i have had a long few days and now my missed sleep is catching up lol bye bye xoxo

armellproctor wrote:

good night xoxo

bye sweetheart!! I love monsters!! lol

sleep well!!

@Armell ... I am doing good ... I had a nice Christmas Day .... then yesterday my stepson, his wife and the kids came over so it was our Christmas with the grandaghters and we had a wonderful time .... how was yours?

@Tanya .... hi hon I'm doing good .. how are you?

Princesita wrote:
@Armell ... I am doing good ... I had a nice Christmas Day .... then yesterday my stepson, his wife and the kids came over so it was our Christmas with the grandaghters and we had a wonderful time .... how was yours?

hey Marisol
That sounds wonderful, I bet the girls were so excited Smile

@ Gill - you STILL don;t have oil ???

Princesita wrote:

I am so gald that it was fun!! We talked about it yesterday a bit.. I am tired ... haven't ben to bed yet ... But I can tell you that Kahalua has a lot of caffiene in it .... :bartend:

hi WishFairy .... I had a nice Christmas Day with friends .... then a lovely Christmas with the grandaughters yesterday ... and my Brother-in-law and gf came from Texas for a few days .... I did a lot of cleaning the days before they arrived so I am still a bit sore from cleaning all the floors ....

how was your Christmas?

It sounds like everyone had a great time this year, with Tanya's best-yet-to-come.

I'm just shopping for wellies congratulations I know how to live!

@Wish (hee hee, we all look like we're on Twitter!)
STILL no oil - fourth time lucky today I hope!

Am under the weather too. Had to take a phone call this morning and the woman couldn't believe it was me...I think I'm out-Barrying Barry
(White)

Princesita wrote:
hi WishFairy .... I had a nice Christmas Day with friends .... then a lovely Christmas with the grandaughters yesterday ... and my Brother-in-law and gf came from Texas for a few days .... I did a lot of cleaning the days before they arrived so I am still a bit sore from cleaning all the floors ....

how was your Christmas?

Aww Marisol - time for you to take it easy for a couple of days I think.

I had a FAB christmas thanks - my Mum, Dad and Gran (90) came and we had my OH's kids from Oz here too - it was really great, but tiring. Yesterday I had a break and we went to some friends for lunch thank goodness Laughing

hi Zoonie!!! I think I saw you here .... sorry I am slow posting but every time I refresh it takes forever and it's kinda laggy .... one of these days I'll be able to get a fast computer

Gill seriously what are those oil people thinking ????
That's ridiculous !!

ooh - now, wellies Laughing I got some very nice new ones for Xmas from Santa. They are Welligogs - bright red with black dog paws on them - very nice indeed !! 8)

Bee wrote:
hello everyone

Hi Bee!! How are you?? How was the wedding?? Was it worth the train ride??