Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoonie

Christmas Time Chitter Chat ~ Daily Thread

Toulouse wrote:
Boo!!!
And I missed Boogs Sad

Yay! Toulouse! How are you hon? I missed Boogs too. Sad

Hi there Boo, phew, I thought you'd left!
How are you?

I'm fine, a bit tired and well... played on the wii a bit too long so now my joints are a bit ... how do you call it ... tender?

Marvin wrote:
I miss u guys Sad

Hi Marvin!

Toulouse wrote:
How are you?

I'm fine, a bit tired and well... played on the wii a bit too long so now my joints are a bit ... how do you call it ... tender?

I'm still here - wasn't sure that anyone else was though! I keep popping my head in and all seems quiet when I am here.

I'm good thank you! Been to work today but don't have to do that again now until next Tuesday! congratulations

Tender is a good word hon. I can imagine it mght make you sore dependingon what you are playing!

BooBear wrote:
Marvin wrote:
I miss u guys Sad

Hi Marvin!

Toulouse wrote:
How are you?

I'm still here - wasn't sure that anyone else was though! I keep popping my head in and all seems quiet when I am here.

I'm good thank you! Been to work today but don't have to do that again now until next Tuesday! congratulations

Tender is a good word hon. I can imagine it mght make you sore dependingon what you are playing!

hey boo ((hug)) how was your holiday?

Marvin wrote:
I miss u guys Sad

Hi Marvin!

BooBear wrote:

It's very quiet, think everyone is a bit busy with the holidays. And I will visit here less with exams and studying, but figured to drop by tonight, to spend some time over here.

Woot! So long weekend! That's nice!

I was playing guitar hero, but played too long again, so my thumb joints hurt a little, but it's okay. I know I will have sore joints whenever I play something on the wii or any other video game, but it doesn't make me not play : D Gill told me about the wonderful magic Arnica can do and I'm glad I know it, it really helps - nearly instantly!

Good thanks Marvin - you? Had a good time? Get anything nice from Santa? Smile

Toulouse wrote:

It's very quiet, think everyone is a bit busy with the holidays. And I will visit here less with exams and studying, but figured to drop by tonight, to spend some time over here.

Woot! So long weekend! That's nice!

I was playing guitar hero, but played too long again, so my thumb joints hurt a little, but it's okay. I know I will have sore joints whenever I play something on the wii or any other video game, but it doesn't make me not play : D Gill told me about the wonderful magic Arnica can do and I'm glad I know it, it really helps - nearly instantly!

Looking forward to a nice rest and going to a spa day on Monday with my friends. One of them is 40 in January so we are all going for a day out and a few special treats. Smile Nice beauty treatments etc. Should be lovely. congratulations

Aaaahhh! Guitar hero! We don't have that but I can understand how you might be aching a little after that one. Smile

BooBear wrote:
Looking forward to a nice rest and going to a spa day on Monday with my friends. One of them is 40 in January so we are all going for a day out and a few special treats. Smile Nice beauty treatments etc. Should be lovely. congratulations

Aaaahhh! Guitar hero! We don't have that but I can understand how you might be aching a little after that one. Smile

That sounds sooo nice, makes me want to go too lol! (never done that before actually, but there's a first for everything) Enjoy it!

Try to limit my time playing it, but it's a bit too addictive in the beginning. Try to find some balance to empty my head at night so I won't dream about everything I learned during the day

Toulouse wrote:

That sounds sooo nice, makes me want to go too lol! (never done that before actually, but there's a first for everything) Enjoy it!

Try to limit my time playing it, but it's a bit too addictive in the beginning. Try to find some balance to empty my head at night so I won't dream about everything I learned during the day

It's not something I have ever done for the whole day either so I am really looking forward to it.

You need to have something to distract you a bit from your studies! No good dreaming about it all as well. Smile

Anyone about, sorry when nobody was here I had a look around at the other links and realised that I missed Missy's birthday yesterday :crying:

So been sorting that out with a belated birthday wish.

Hope you are all well and having a fantastic time

bogie wrote:
Anyone about, sorry when nobody was here I had a look around at the other links and realised that I missed Missy's birthday yesterday :crying:

Jumps up and down waving!!!!

I'm here, I'm here! Are you still there??

BooBear wrote:
bogie wrote:

Me Boo ? how are you?

BOOOOOOGS!!!!!!!!!

BooBear wrote:
It's not something I have ever done for the whole day either so I am really looking forward to it.

You need to have something to distract you a bit from your studies! No good dreaming about it all as well. Smile

It sounds very nice! Some pampering is always good!
Well, I try to distract myself on many ways (play games, read books), but not too much either. Still think I can enjoy my break too, it's not all about studying (but there's a limit too)

bogie wrote:
BooBear wrote:
bogie wrote:

Me Boo ? how are you?

I'm not too bad hon. How are you? Any test results yet? Anything planned for tomorrow?

I have missed Missy's birthday too - I will have to see what I can find for her. No idea what she wants.

Toulouse wrote:
BOOOOOOGS!!!!!!!!!

BooBear wrote:

Well, I try to distract myself on many ways (play games, read books), but not too much either. Still think I can enjoy my break too, it's not all about studying (but there's a limit too)

BG how are you?

sorry if it takes me ages but Im finding it hard to adjust to this forums set up and I have to use the bottom scroll bar with every post to read whats been said Sad

Toulouse wrote:
BOOOOOOGS!!!!!!!!!

Good job! Different hobbie are good. Smile

bogie wrote:
Toulouse wrote:
BOOOOOOGS!!!!!!!!!

BG how are you?

sorry if it takes me ages but Im finding it hard to adjust to this forums set up and I have to use the bottom scroll bar with every post to read whats been said Sad

Don't worry Boogs! I can't find my way around the smilies - it takes me ages to find what I want - so I mainly don't bother!! Laughing I do know a couple. so here is one I can just type in.

Did Santa not bring you a new computer? Sad

BooBear wrote:
bogie wrote:
BooBear wrote:
bogie wrote:

Me Boo ? how are you?

I'm not too bad hon. How are you? Any test results yet? Anything planned for tomorrow?

I have missed Missy's birthday too - I will have to see what I can find for her. No idea what she wants.

I do not like the sound of"Im not too bad" :eek: are you ok?????????

No I have to make another appointment to see the doctor to discuss my results and have not gotten around to that yet, will get kids back to school and sort that one out.

Missy has nothing on her wishlist at the moment Sad Ive sent a couple of bits and gave her some CC to spend, so I will have to wait for her shopping list now.

bogie wrote:
BG how are you?

Aw honey, that is okay! I also have to adjust!
How are you hun?

BooBear wrote:

Sure is!

OMG this is doing my head in Sad and there is only 3 of us here whats it going to be like when loads of us are here chatting!!!!!!! Im not sure I will get used to this. we will never get anything posted because someone else would have always just posted so each time you hit send it will send you back to that other screen!

Sorry but with lots of us here I cannot see this forum working, at times there can be more than 20 of us talking at the same time.

(sorry to sound like the grinch)

GRRRRRRRRRR SCREAMING YES I WANT TO POST IT SO JUST POST IT

bogie wrote:

I do not like the sound of"Im not too bad" :eek: are you ok?????????

No I have to make another appointment to see the doctor to discuss my results and have not gotten around to that yet, will get kids back to school and sort that one out.

Missy has nothing on her wishlist at the moment Sad Ive sent a couple of bits and gave her some CC to spend, so I will have to wait for her shopping list now.

I am OK hon - just lots going on with my family - long story and not for here really - too much to go into!

Please make the appointment for as soon as you can, I don't like to think about you being "under the weather". It's no fun and makes everything seem so much more difficult to deal with when you are feeling run down.

Will have to see what I can find for missy. Might have to be TWS!

Toulouse wrote:
bogie wrote:
BG how are you?

Aw honey, that is okay! I also have to adjust!
How are you hun?

BooBear wrote:

Sure is!

congratulations

Boogs, if you are talking about the message that appears when you want to post something and someone has posted something else in the meantime, there is something you can choose not to show that again and just post

Oh Boo, I didn't know you had so much going on, I'm sorry hon, come here for a big

Toulouse wrote:
Boogs, if you are talking about the message that appears when you want to post something and someone has posted something else in the meantime, there is something you can choose not to show that again and just post

If so, then just go to 'your profile' above (in the pink menu), then look for preferences and check 'no' for "Display a notification when new replies are written"

bogie wrote:
OMG this is doing my head in Sad and there is only 3 of us here whats it going to be like when loads of us are here chatting!!!!!!! Im not sure I will get used to this. we will never get anything posted because someone else would have always just posted so each time you hit send it will send you back to that other screen!

Sorry but with lots of us here I cannot see this forum working, at times there can be more than 20 of us talking at the same time.

(sorry to sound like the grinch)

GRRRRRRRRRR SCREAMING YES I WANT TO POST IT SO JUST POST IT

You can switch that off hon. Got to your profile, click on the preferences tab and look for the question that says,

"Display a notification when new replies are written :
YesNo
You'll be warned if a reply was posted while you where writing a reply to the same topic"

Click on No and it should stop that happening. Have to say I found that incredibly frustrating until someone told me to do that. Smile

Toulouse wrote:
Oh Boo, I didn't know you had so much going on, I'm sorry hon, come here for a big

Thanks BG! Need one of those every now and again. Smile

BooBear wrote:

you're very welcome Smile
I hope it turns out okay hun!

sorry about that Im back, tried to post and hit the wrong button and could not find my way back here, just kept showing me a members list Sad

will read back give me a moment

Toulouse wrote:
BooBear wrote:

you're very welcome Smile
I hope it turns out okay hun!

Thanks!

bogie wrote:
sorry about that Im back, tried to post and hit the wrong button and could not find my way back here, just kept showing me a members list Sad

will read back give me a moment

OK Boogs - take your time. Smile (See - I keep using the same smilies over and over again!)

Would not let me multiquote then ?

Boo Im very worried about you now you know where I am should you need me

Thanks for the tips I will have to go turn that off as its very annoying

Toulouse wrote:
*pours out a glass for Boo and Boogs*

Thank you very much be sure to pour one for you too congratulations

bogie wrote:

Please don't be very worried about me hon. All is well with my immediate family etc, just some health problems with my dad's brother. Been quite traumatic and worrying time, more for my parents than me but of course that rubs off and becomes concern for them etc. You know how it goes. You can be sure that I will find you should I need to off load!

Toulouse wrote:

Yummy! Thanks. Smile What are we drinking and what's the toast?

What does everyone have planned for tomorrow night???

Gaaaaaahhhhh!!!! You know what is really annoying me at the moment? PF took a load of stuff out of the boxes and have just replaced it with more rubbish!!!!! If I see one more pair of pyjama pants or another alpine boy hat I swear I am going to scream!! Laughing

bogie wrote:

BooBear wrote:

Didn't want to drink alone : D
Uhmm, let's toast to the second last day of this year then?

bogie wrote:

Nothing much actually.

BooBear wrote:
bogie wrote:

Please don't be very worried about me hon. All is well with my immediate family etc, just some health problems with my dad's brother. Been quite traumatic and worrying time, more for my parents than me but of course that rubs off and becomes concern for them etc. You know how it goes. You can be sure that I will find you should I need to off load!

Toulouse wrote:

Sad oh no boo. but releived that you G&T are ok.

I lost my nan a year ago today, she was rushed into hospital and nothing they could do we just had to wait for her to go and we did all night long, but with my mum in spain and my aunt away for xmas, it was me, caz and our cousin that stayed with her till the end. so its been a strange couple of days for me.

Sorry Mom was just here. As we planned an evening with the four of us, my sister has invited herself again with her BF, so we won't be able to do whatever we want to do. Am a bit annoyed as we already made plans

bogie wrote:

I lost my nan a year ago today, she was rushed into hospital and nothing they could do we just had to wait for her to go and we did all night long, but with my mum in spain and my aunt away for xmas, it was me, caz and our cousin that stayed with her till the end. so its been a strange couple of days for me.

Sorry I disappeared - just needed to go do something. Thanks Boogs. Oh, I'm sorry hon. I had forgotten that it was your nan's anniversary. Such a sad time. Big to you.

Toulouse wrote:
Sorry Mom was just here. As we planned an evening with the four of us, my sister has invited herself again with her BF, so we won't be able to do whatever we want to do. Am a bit annoyed as we already made plans

We aren't doing much either. To be honest, I don;t actually much like New Year. It all seems like a bit of an anti-climax to me.

BooBear wrote:
Gaaaaaahhhhh!!!! You know what is really annoying me at the moment? PF took a load of stuff out of the boxes and have just replaced it with more rubbish!!!!! If I see one more pair of pyjama pants or another alpine boy hat I swear I am going to scream!! Laughing

I know and lots of 999 items were removed too Sad

Toulouse wrote:
bogie wrote:

BooBear wrote:

Didn't want to drink alone : D
Uhmm, let's toast to the second last day of this year then?

Cheers Happy new year congratulations

bogie wrote:

Nothing much actually.

Toulouse wrote:

Thats not good, you have to make her do the things you planned

BooBear wrote:
bogie wrote:

Sorry I disappeared - just needed to go do something. Thanks Boogs. Oh, I'm sorry hon. I had forgotten that it was your nan's anniversary. Such a sad time. Big to you.

Toulouse wrote:

We aren't doing much either. To be honest, I don;t actually much like New Year. It all seems like a bit of an anti-climax to me.

I know what you mean, Ive had many a new year with me and oh sat infront of the tv half asleep.

Ive been altering our costumes 1/2 the day today Sad and I am looking forward to peoples faces when they see the 5 of us congratulations

BooBear wrote:

It does to me too, but we've planned a cosy evening amongst ourselves, with no pressure or fuss, so we could do whatever we want (I even planned to study!). But now that they're coming, they will claim everything, so my parents won't be able to see or do whatever they want and they'll bug me too when I want to be at ease...

bogie wrote:

Even though it's my sister and she's welcome, I can't stand someone that invites him or herself when we made plans already. She invited herself with Christmas day (the eve we invited her), so we weren't able to do whatever we planned. And now it's happening again. Bad enough to say, but I am not pleased.

bogie wrote:
BooBear wrote:

I know and lots of 999 items were removed too Sad

I know - how crumby was that! There are definitely a load of different clothes in them now too. I got Red Space Boots before with a re-sale value of about 63 coins! I ask you, why would I spend 500 coins on a box to get something worth 63!!! I must be :35: :37:

bogie wrote:
BooBear wrote:
bogie wrote:

Toulouse wrote:

I know what you mean, Ive had many a new year with me and oh sat infront of the tv half asleep.

Ive been altering our costumes 1/2 the day today Sad and I am looking forward to peoples faces when they see the 5 of us congratulations

Oooh Boogs! Where are you going and what are you going as!! I think we need photo's please. Smile

Toulouse wrote:
BooBear wrote:

It does to me too, but we've planned a cosy evening amongst ourselves, with no pressure or fuss, so we could do whatever we want (I even planned to study!). But now that they're coming, they will claim everything, so my parents won't be able to see or do whatever they want and they'll bug me too when I want to be at ease...

bogie wrote:

Even though it's my sister and she's welcome, I can't stand someone that invites him or herself when we made plans already. She invited herself with Christmas day (the eve we invited her), so we weren't able to do whatever we planned. And now it's happening again. Bad enough to say, but I am not pleased.

Well make her fit in with what you want to do. If she doesn't like it she can move on somewhere else. Smile

BooBear wrote:
Well make her fit in with what you want to do. If she doesn't like it she can move on somewhere else. Smile

Can't you tell her that ? Laughing
I'm just a bit annoyed too that my parents went to buy food this morning for the 4 of us, so they have to go back tomorrow to buy much more (they eat like crazy...). They mess up our plans pretty hard!

Toulouse wrote:
BooBear wrote:

Can't you tell her that ? Laughing
I'm just a bit annoyed too that my parents went to buy food this morning for the 4 of us, so they have to go back tomorrow to buy much more (they eat like crazy...). They mess up our plans pretty hard!

Stick her on line and I will more than happily tell her that! Does she normally live at home with you? if not she is a guest (even if she did used to live there!) so she should fit in with your plans. I don't go to my parents home and expect them to change eveything around for me. Smile

It is rather inconsiderate and she should at least bring something wth her to contribute to your celebrations. I wouldn't turn up anywhere we had been invited without at the very least a bottle or wine and maybe some flowers. Smile

BooBear wrote:
Stick her on line and I will more than happily tell her that! Does she normally live at home with you? if not she is a guest (even if she did used to live there!) so she should fit in with your plans. I don't go to my parents home and expect them to change eveything around for me. Smile

It is rather inconsiderate and she should at least bring something wth her to contribute to your celebrations. I wouldn't turn up anywhere we had been invited without at the very least a bottle or wine and maybe some flowers. Smile

Lol congratulations
She doesn't live here anymore, she's living by herself (together with her BF) for the last... 3 years now? (not sure about the time span). She didn't even bring something along when she came with Christmas, so not expecting she will now.

I really have to calm myself down not to text or call her at the moment. And I will have to make a terribly huge effort to not make a scene or fight tomorrow... I know, it IS my sister and we SHOULD get along nicely, but sometimes... I'm really fed up with (or by?) her!

Toulouse wrote:
BooBear wrote:

Lol congratulations
She doesn't live here anymore, she's living by herself (together with her BF) for the last... 3 years now? (not sure about the time span). She didn't even bring something along when she came with Christmas, so not expecting she will now.

I really have to calm myself down not to text or call her at the moment. And I will have to make a terribly huge effort to not make a scene or fight tomorrow... I know, it IS my sister and we SHOULD get along nicely, but sometimes... I'm really fed up with (or by?) her!

You can be fed up with, by or about her hon! It's not worth making a scene over but I understand totally how you feel! I have a sister who can be just as irritating (in different ways) but it really is better most of the time to bite your lip, say nothing and smile. As long as you get it out of your system somewhere along the line by talking to us for instance then that should improve it! Laughing

Not bringing anything is just plain rude! If we go to my sisters or my mum & dad's for a meal/evening etc then we always take some wine. It's just the polite thing to do, even if they are your family.

Boogs - are you still out there?

armellproctor wrote:
hello anyone home xox

Hi Armell! Yup, me Boogs and BG are here!