Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoonie

Christmas Time Chitter Chat ~ Daily Thread

BooBear wrote:
armellproctor wrote:
hello anyone home xox

Hi Armell! Yup, me Boogs and BG are here!

hello everyone xoxoxo

BooBear wrote:
You can be fed up with, by or about her hon! It's not worth making a scene over but I understand totally how you feel! I have a sister who can be just as irritating (in different ways) but it really is better most of the time to bite your lip, say nothing and smile. As long as you get it out of your system somewhere along the line by talking to us for instance then that should improve it! Laughing

Not bringing anything is just plain rude! If we go to my sisters or my mum & dad's for a meal/evening etc then we always take some wine. It's just the polite thing to do, even if they are your family.

Boogs - are you still out there?

It feels like I shouldn't be fed up, because she's a relative. But still... I know I will have to do a big effort to bite my lip and don't say a thing. I know myself and I'll probably slip something out. I'm trying to get it out of my system by nagging to you guys about it and looking at verrrrrry funny youtube vids (I'll put one in here on the bottom of my message)

It is rude, that's what I think too. If I'm invited somewhere I always bring something with me, even if it's just flowers!

I think I scared Boogs off congratulations

and now, the youtube:

armellproctor wrote:
BooBear wrote:
armellproctor wrote:
hello anyone home xox

hello everyone xoxoxo

How are you Armell? What's happening in your neck of the woods? Smile

armellproctor wrote:
BooBear wrote:
armellproctor wrote:
hello anyone home xox

hello everyone xoxoxo

Army hello! How are you?

sorry all im back, my little man woke up and I had to settle him, going to wiz back and see what I missed

Toulouse wrote:
BooBear wrote:
You can be fed up with, by or about her hon! It's not worth making a scene over but I understand totally how you feel! I have a sister who can be just as irritating (in different ways) but it really is better most of the time to bite your lip, say nothing and smile. As long as you get it out of your system somewhere along the line by talking to us for instance then that should improve it! Laughing

Not bringing anything is just plain rude! If we go to my sisters or my mum & dad's for a meal/evening etc then we always take some wine. It's just the polite thing to do, even if they are your family.

Boogs - are you still out there?

It feels like I shouldn't be fed up, because she's a relative. But still... I know I will have to do a big effort to bite my lip and don't say a thing. I know myself and I'll probably slip something out. I'm trying to get it out of my system by nagging to you guys about it and looking at verrrrrry funny youtube vids (I'll put one in here on the bottom of my message)

It is rude, that's what I think too. If I'm invited somewhere I always bring something with me, even if it's just flowers!

I think I scared Boogs off congratulations

and now, the youtube:

Haha!!! I love that video -have you watched the one with all the kittens on that thing too!

Get it all out now hon - then you can smile sweetly tomorrow and pretend like nothing is wrong. congratulations

Toulouse wrote:
armellproctor wrote:
BooBear wrote:
armellproctor wrote:
hello anyone home xox

hello everyone xoxoxo

Army hello! How are you?

i am doing well thank you how about you ?

bogie wrote:
sorry all im back, my little man woke up and I had to settle him, going to wiz back and see what I missed

Aww bless - hope he is OK Boogs.

armellproctor wrote:
sorry i was just packing my hubbies dinner for work

No problem Armell. What is he having!?

Will not multi quote as I keep mucking it up Doh me

Armell how are you?

@ BG. I agree with Boo, she has to fit in with your plans, so stand your ground, but stay cool at the same time

@boo its a Motown new year party have you guest what the 5 of us are going to be yet???? I will text you a pic as soon as I have 1 on my phone congratulations

BooBear wrote:
armellproctor wrote:
BooBear wrote:
armellproctor wrote:
hello anyone home xox

hello everyone xoxoxo

not much. just trying to decide if i want to take all the christmas stuff down in real life , how are you doing ?

bogie wrote:

Armell how are you?

@ BG. I agree with Boo, she has to fit in with your plans, so stand your ground, but stay cool at the same time

@boo its a Motown new year party have you guest what the 5 of us are going to be yet???? I will text you a pic as soon as I have 1 on my phone congratulations

Jackson 5? Look forward to that one!

BooBear wrote:
bogie wrote:

armellproctor wrote:

vegetable spaghetti with baked chicken

armellproctor wrote:
BooBear wrote:
armellproctor wrote:
BooBear wrote:
armellproctor wrote:
hello anyone home xox

hello everyone xoxoxo

not much. just trying to decide if i want to take all the christmas stuff down in real life , how are you doing ?

I'm OK thanks! I think our Christmas stuff will come down at the weekend, before we have to go back to work. Smile

armellproctor wrote:
BooBear wrote:
bogie wrote:

armellproctor wrote:

Ooooh that sounds yummy! congratulations

bogie wrote:

Armell how are you?

hello Bogie i am doing good , it's great to see you all

BooBear wrote:
armellproctor wrote:
BooBear wrote:
armellproctor wrote:
BooBear wrote:
armellproctor wrote:
hello anyone home xox

hello everyone xoxoxo

I'm OK thanks! I think our Christmas stuff will come down at the weekend, before we have to go back to work. Smile

armellproctor wrote:
BooBear wrote:
bogie wrote:

armellproctor wrote:

Ooooh that sounds yummy! congratulations

he likes it, of course he likes anything that has chicken in it lol

BooBear wrote:
Haha!!! I love that video -have you watched the one with all the kittens on that thing too!

Get it all out now hon - then you can smile sweetly tomorrow and pretend like nothing is wrong. congratulations

a friend just sent it to me to cheer my up I think : D It's very funny!!! I've looked at a couple of other vids too, pretty funny those cats!

I love my sister, but I don't want her to 'intrude' (I was going to say butt in, but not sure if it suits over here) the way she's doing now. My MIL mentioned it before we have a very strange relationship and that's true. One moment we get along really good, but now I've seen her too much, she's been too pushy and I've had it for a bit. Plus, it feels like she doesn't take into account that I have the study while she has 2 weeks off (she had exams earlier). I don't know what to write or say anymore to get it out of my system, but I am going to turn my cell off, because I still feel like texting her that we made plans already and that's she's interfering our evening and the least she could do is bring something along... But when I turn off my cell, I am going to think twice when I would turn it back on to text her.

armellproctor wrote:

I'm quite alright lol, just a bit fed up with my sister - we made plans (parents, brother and me) for tomorrow eve, to celebrate amongst the 4 of us and now my sister invited herself and her BF again - so parents have to get more food tomorrow (they did the shopping already). But besides that, I'm okay

bogie wrote:

True what you say, but the staying cool part is way too hard for me. Either I'm going to ignore her - she will notice or burst out and ruin the entire evening. So I'm trying to get it out right now so I won't ruin things tomorrow. But I AM going to say something about it. She really has to learn to know she's way too pushy these days. (she even texts me when I am studying with the most idiotic things and complete nonsense, so I had to turn my cell off too - no one could reach me because she was annoying me - and didn't understand why I ignored her texts)

omg multiquote quotes sooooooo much so going to skip it again

@ boo You got it congratulations the 5 gave it away Been sorting the costumes today and crying with laughter as we are all dressed in identical outfits congratulations

@ armell. I will wait until monday to do mine will be far easier with the Kids back at school. and yummy glad my oh is not looking at what you put in your oh lunchbox congratulations

bogie wrote:

@ boo You got it congratulations the 5 gave it away Been sorting the costumes today and crying with laughter as we are all dressed in identical outfits congratulations

@ armell. I will wait until monday to do mine will be far easier with the Kids back at school. and yummy glad my oh is not looking at what you put in your oh lunchbox congratulations

the other workers are always looking to see what he has for is dinner apparently their wives don't make them lunches lol

armellproctor wrote:
bogie wrote:

Armell how are you?

hello Bogie i am doing good , it's great to see you all

Glad you doing good Armell its been a long time since we have spoken

Toulouse wrote:
BooBear wrote:

a friend just sent it to me to cheer my up I think : D It's very funny!!! I've looked at a couple of other vids too, pretty funny those cats!

I love my sister, but I don't want her to 'intrude' (I was going to say butt in, but not sure if it suits over here) the way she's doing now. My MIL mentioned it before we have a very strange relationship and that's true. One moment we get along really good, but now I've seen her too much, she's been too pushy and I've had it for a bit. Plus, it feels like she doesn't take into account that I have the study while she has 2 weeks off (she had exams earlier). I don't know what to write or say anymore to get it out of my system, but I am going to turn my cell off, because I still feel like texting her that we made plans already and that's she's interfering our evening and the least she could do is bring something along... But when I turn off my cell, I am going to think twice when I would turn it back on to text her.

armellproctor wrote:

I'm quite alright lol, just a bit fed up with my sister - we made plans (parents, brother and me) for tomorrow eve, to celebrate amongst the 4 of us and now my sister invited herself and her BF again - so parents have to get more food tomorrow (they did the shopping already). But besides that, I'm okay

bogie wrote:

True what you say, but the staying cool part is way too hard for me. Either I'm going to ignore her - she will notice or burst out and ruin the entire evening. So I'm trying to get it out right now so I won't ruin things tomorrow. But I AM going to say something about it. She really has to learn to know she's way too pushy these days. (she even texts me when I am studying with the most idiotic things and complete nonsense, so I had to turn my cell off too - no one could reach me because she was annoying me - and didn't understand why I ignored her texts)

I know how it can be, with a sister and brother of my own, we all get alone but can also fall out.

To save problems tomorrow I would call her now, not to argue, but to let her know how she makes you feel about it all.

BUT THATS WHAT I WOULD DO WITH MY SISTER OR BROTHER IN THIS SITUATION SO JUST IGNORE ME!! as I do not know how you or she would react to that Sad

bogie wrote:

Sorry - got distracted! Oh Boogs! I can't wait to see that! I bet the kids look fantastic. Not that you and OH won't!!

My OH doesn't even get a lunch box made! :eek:

armellproctor wrote:
bogie wrote:

the other workers are always looking to see what he has for is dinner apparently their wives don't make them lunches lol

You are very good to him Armell. He is a lucky man. Smile

I am very sorry if I write too long messages/posts, I have always had this problem lol (but once you got me started, it's hard to stop) - and I had to get it out of my system :p

bogie wrote:
I know how it can be, with a sister and brother of my own, we all get alone but can also fall out.

To save problems tomorrow I would call her now, not to argue, but to let her know how she makes you feel about it all.

BUT THATS WHAT I WOULD DO WITH MY SISTER OR BROTHER IN THIS SITUATION SO JUST IGNORE ME!! as I do not know how you or she would react to that Sad

I was thinking about that too, but I think I'm just going to ignore it, and make the best of it, but still point out she's intruding and that we think it's not nice of her to invite herself. If you would tell me what's wrong, I would try to understand and try to talk about it, but my sister is completely different - think if I'd call her right now and tell her what's wrong, she wouldn't show up and probably won't talk to me anymore.

BooBear wrote:
bogie wrote:

Sorry - got distracted! Oh Boogs! I can't wait to see that! I bet the kids look fantastic. Not that you and OH won't!!

My OH doesn't even get a lunch box made! :eek:

armellproctor wrote:
bogie wrote:

You are very good to him Armell. He is a lucky man. Smile

he is very good to me i have enloyed our years together lol

armellproctor wrote:
cogsy wrote:
Hi Everyone, hope you all had a great Christmas Smile

hello hun , nice to see you

Hi Armell, congrats on reaching a new level Smile I think you can change it on here by going to your profile at the top of this page Smile

cogsy wrote:

Hi cogsy - how are you?

again I cannot see through the multiquoting previous multiquotes Sad so back to the old school multiquoting congratulations

@ Armell. When I worked I made my oh a lunchbox, after my 3rd child I buy it he makes it rofl xx you are very good to him, he better appreciate it congratulations

@ boo. As soon as I have a pic I will send it so have your mobile at hand congratulations

@ copsy. how are you?

hope I did not miss anyone, still trying to get used to this forum

cogsy wrote:
armellproctor wrote:
cogsy wrote:

hello hun , nice to see you

Hi Armell, congrats on reaching a new level Smile

Thanks hun and thank you for the Flowers , i love flowers xoxo

BooBear wrote:
cogsy wrote:

Hi cogsy - how are you?

I'm good thanks, had a lovely family Christmas with our 2 sons and 3 grandchildren

bogie wrote:
again I cannot see through the multiquoting previous multiquotes Sad so back to the old school multiquoting congratulations

@ Armell. When I worked I made my oh a lunchbox, after my 3rd child I buy it he makes it rofl xx you are very good to him, he better appreciate it congratulations

@ boo. As soon as I have a pic I will send it so have your mobile at hand congratulations

@ copsy. how are you?

Hi Boogs, I'm good thanks, and hope you are too

Toulouse wrote:
I am very sorry if I write too long messages/posts, I have always had this problem lol (but once you got me started, it's hard to stop) - and I had to get it out of my system :p

bogie wrote:

I was thinking about that too, but I think I'm just going to ignore it, and make the best of it, but still point out she's intruding and that we think it's not nice of her to invite herself. If you would tell me what's wrong, I would try to understand and try to talk about it, but my sister is completely different - think if I'd call her right now and tell her what's wrong, she wouldn't show up and probably won't talk to me anymore.

Never be sorry Thats what your online friends are for

It is a tought one to deal with and she seems very overpowering on you all. Keep your head high and rise above it all and when its over find a way to let her know your feelings about it.

cogsy wrote:
bogie wrote:

@ copsy. how are you?

when i worked i made it for him too, and yes he does appreciate it ,

cogsy wrote:
bogie wrote:

@ copsy. how are you?

All is good here too

Glad you had such a great christmas with your family congratulations

armellproctor wrote:
cogsy wrote:
bogie wrote:

@ copsy. how are you?

I am quite lucky although I dont work (except for looking after the grandchildren) OH is a teacher and has his meal at school.

Hey Cogsy!
I'm sorry I didn't say anything before, trying to cool down a bit lol
but feeling a bit better now
How are you?

bogie wrote:

It is a tought one to deal with and she seems very overpowering on you all. Keep your head high and rise above it all and when its over find a way to let her know your feelings about it.

I know that once I get started, I can write very long messages. A lot of people have told me how long e mails I can write. So all I want to say is that if it bothers, please let me know!

She's very difficult and emotional, not to mention I am emotional too, but I try to rationalize a lot too, plus she takes everything personally when we don't mean it that way. So she's very difficult to tell her your opinion. I am feeling a bit better now - at least cooled down a bit and am going to try to make the best of it.

Thanks guys for listening (/ reading)

armellproctor wrote:
cogsy wrote:
bogie wrote:

@ copsy. how are you?

and so he should, he must be the envy of all work mates to have such wonderful lunches congratulations

My oh is lucky to get a sandwich from me rofl

Oh darn this! I had a load of replies writtn out (gave up multi-quoting) and they have all disappeared!

Humph!!!! Destroy PC

Toulouse wrote:
Hey Cogsy!
How are you?

bogie wrote:

I know that once I get started, I can write very long messages. A lot of people have told me how long e mails I can write. So all I want to say is that if it bothers, please let me know!

She's very difficult and emotional, not to mention I am emotional too, but I try to rationalize a lot too, plus she takes everything personally when we don't mean it that way. So she's very difficult to tell her your opinion. I am feeling a bit better now - at least cooled down a bit and am going to try to make the best of it.

Hi BG, I am from a very large family and know how tough it can be. We NEVER all agree on anything SadSad

cogsy wrote:
Hi BG, I am from a very large family and know how tough it can be. We NEVER all agree on anything SadSad

I try to get along with everything and everyone, but it sometimes gets a bit too much. I am the youngest, but it feels I'm the oldest/eldest sometimes.

my sister and i hang out together and our hubbies get along which is great , we even go on our yearly holidays together i am very fortunate that we get along so well

Going to get a glass of Ribena! Anyone want some? Man, I know how to live dangerously!!! Laughing

armellproctor wrote:
my sister and i hang out together and our hubbies get along which is great , we even go on our yearly holidays together i am very fortunate that we get along so well

I am the youngest of 8, and usally just go with the flow, it makes life so much easier. We have 1 brother who is a real pain and causes trouble when ever he can.

cogsy wrote:
armellproctor wrote:
cogsy wrote:
bogie wrote:

@ copsy. how are you?

I am quite lucky although I dont work (except for looking after the grandchildren) OH is a teacher and has his meal at school.

Looking after grandchildren is a pleasure but is still hard work congratulations

Does he like the school dinners? although they are far better now than when I was a kid!

Toulouse wrote:
Hey Cogsy!
How are you?

bogie wrote:

I hope it all turns out good, with the least irritation for you

armellproctor wrote:

That sounds awesome!

BooBear wrote:
Going to get a glass of Ribena! Anyone want some? Man, I know how to live dangerously!!! Laughing

i had to look it up, but it looks yummy : D

bogie wrote:

I hope so too

Sweeties, again, thanks for listening!
I am going to catch some sleep and get up early to study and help Mom out a bit

In case I don't catch you all in time: Happy New Year!
(and as we Belgians do: 3x )

bogie wrote:
cogsy wrote:
armellproctor wrote:
cogsy wrote:
bogie wrote:

@ copsy. how are you?

Looking after grandchildren is a pleasure but is still hard work congratulations

Does he like the school dinners? although they are far better now than when I was a kid!

Toulouse wrote:
Hey Cogsy!
How are you?

bogie wrote:

It is hard sometimes looking after the little ones (10 months & 7 months) but yes so rewarding. OH has baked potato most days as we are still dieting. But that has gone to the wall this week, dreading weigh in next Tuesday, but will get back on the straight and narrow as soon as he is back t work.