Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoonie

Christmas Time Chitter Chat ~ Daily Thread

I'm back for a bit, just struggled with nylon panties, that's a complete workout on its own Laughing

bogie wrote:

Hi Frannie

So what do you have planned for tonight?

Not one darned thing. Will try to stay awake until midnight.. but just might celebrate UK time and call it quits!. Other than that, the big deal will be eating the chop suey I didn;t make yesterday and trying to keep the animals calm from all the jerks who find it necessary to use firearms at m idight

Toulouse wrote:
I'm back for a bit, just struggled with nylon panties, that's a complete workout on its own Laughing

Morning BG

ROFL I have a mental image of that now Laughing

Morning BG, OMG that's slightly TMI congratulationscongratulations

No shouting for me today/tonight and have promised not to kiss my friends, it'll be a celebratory handshake for New Year lol.

bogie wrote:
Morning BG

ROFL I have a mental image of that now Laughing

Zoonie wrote:
Morning BG, OMG that's slightly TMI congratulationscongratulations

ROFL
sorry guys :JC_lol: :

can't imagine BG having to struggle to put on panties... did you mean pantyhose?.. oh my.. how I despise panty hose. So happy I don;t have the kind of job where I need to wear them

Frannie wrote:
bogie wrote:

Hi Frannie

So what do you have planned for tonight?

Not one darned thing. Will try to stay awake until midnight.. but just might celebrate UK time and call it quits!. Other than that, the big deal will be eating the chop suey I didn;t make yesterday and trying to keep the animals calm from all the jerks who find it necessary to use firearms at m idight

We are lucky here no firearms, just lots of singing Smile

Frannie wrote:
can't imagine BG having to struggle to put on panties... did you mean pantyhose?.. oh my.. how I despise panty hose. So happy I don;t have the kind of job where I need to wear them

OMG, please tell me there's a difference between panties and pantyhose? :heat: :shok:
(we just call them panties, but I mean pantyhose :blush3: )

Frannie wrote:

We call them tights here congratulations and I only wear them when I have to.

Is drunk driving a problem in the UK? Just another reason that this is not my favorite Holiday. Four years ago (or is it only 3?) Robin did not go out on NYE... Mark was in the hospital and we decided better if she didn';t go.. why buy trouble you don't have blah blah blah.. She and I went out for breakfast New Year's Day.. BAM!!! we were hit head on by a woman having a seizure.. totalled my car.. sure tested out Mark's new stints LOL

Toulouse wrote:
Frannie wrote:

OMG, please tell don't tell me there's a difference between panties and pantyhose? :heat: :shok:

Oh how funny - no such thing as panty hose in the UK, yes, we call them tights, or stockings if they're separate for each leg, and not joined.

I thought you meant your pants/knickers/briefs
(although pants are trousers in the States, yes?)

Frannie wrote:
Is drunk driving a problem in the UK? Just another reason that this is not my favorite Holiday. Four years ago (or is it only 3?) Robin did not go out on NYE... Mark was in the hospital and we decided better if she didn';t go.. why buy trouble you don't have blah blah blah.. She and I went out for breakfast New Year's Day.. BAM!!! we were hit head on by a woman having a seizure.. totalled my car.. sure tested out Mark's new stints LOL

Good grief, what a shocking start to a year!

The laws here against drink-driving are very strict, but of course, that all depends on people obeying the drink/drug-driving laws...so, it's not a regular problem as such, but it does happen (sadly)

Frannie wrote:

Frannie wrote:
be right back... cmon Boogie... smoke time

OMG that must have been really scary Sad

Right behind you.

Kids are demanding my attention, will be a bit in and out

Did you all see that they removed 21 x 999 items from the gmb's Sad

I hope the sixties shift has been removed!!! do you have a listing of the removed items? I have not bought a box in along time. I just go and trade for the new items. It's been much more economical that way

Zoonie wrote:
Toulouse wrote:
Frannie wrote:

OMG, please tell don't tell me there's a difference between panties and pantyhose? :heat: :shok:

Oh how funny - no such thing as panty hose in the UK, yes, we call them tights, or stockings if they're separate for each leg, and not joined.

I thought you meant your pants/knickers/briefs
(although pants are trousers in the States, yes?)

Frannie wrote:

Good grief, what a shocking start to a year!

The laws here against drink-driving are very strict, but of course, that all depends on people obeying the drink/drug-driving laws...so, it's not a regular problem as such, but it does happen (sadly)

PMSL
sorry guys, now I understand why that was TMI congratulations
Okay, I meant tights (or pantyhose)! (was a gift from FIL's GF)
Should have known that it was called tights (from a movie called Robin Hood, men in tights). I only knew it was called pantyhose too from a song

as to women's wear names.. Panties here are what you call knickers/briefs.. Panythose are see through nylons which have both legs connected. (still wear briefs with them though)... tights are the opaque things you wear.. both legs attached.

We call slacks pants most times

Frannie wrote:
I hope the sixties shift has been removed!!! do you have a listing of the removed items? I have not bought a box in along time. I just go and trade for the new items. It's been much more economical that way

They only listed the ones removed that had a value of 999

antique door, checkered floor, speaker(old one), wizard hat, wonderpants,pink fridge, antique phone, squitty, love and rocket lava lamps, love candle, samori helmet, mobile, laptop, toilet, birdcage, antique mirror, blue bubble chair, decodant lantern thingy, suitcase and caffeteer.

ohhhhhh ok.. I think those were last weeks removed items.. Although there have been so many weekends - monday feeling days this past week I am all confused. Add to that mark has been home and the rhythym is all disrupted.

I will have one week of backto normal and then I start work.. so nothing will be 'normal' for 3 months

hey there Kijo!

and for real.. I don;t even know if my new knees would work too put on those items of clothing. That's how long it's been since I've worn them. I guess, they would be easier than before

bogie wrote:
They only listed the ones removed that had a value of 999

antique door, checkered floor, speaker(old one), wizard hat, wonderpants,pink fridge, antique phone, squitty, love and rocket lava lamps, love candle, samori helmet, mobile, laptop, toilet, birdcage, antique mirror, blue bubble chair, decodant lantern thingy, suitcase and caffeteer.

oh no, they removed the lava lamps Sad

inu-kijo wrote:
came in during a underwear discussion... although hilarious. ! ; D

My bad congratulations
Language complication, but I am pretty sure everyone had a good laugh (including me)

Frannie wrote:
hey there Kijo!

and for real.. I don;t even know if my new knees would work too put on those items of clothing. That's how long it's been since I've worn them. I guess, they would be easier than before

It still is a struggle for me, and I'm afraid it'll always be one!

inu-kijo wrote:
came in during a underwear discussion... although hilarious. ! ; D

Hi Kijo how are you?

Frannie wrote:
ohhhhhh ok.. I think those were last weeks removed items.. Although there have been so many weekends - monday feeling days this past week I am all confused. Add to that mark has been home and the rhythym is all disrupted.

I will have one week of backto normal and then I start work.. so nothing will be 'normal' for 3 months

I keep missing everything at the moment, not sure when I will be back to normal not that I was normal in the first place Laughing

I'm still chuckling at BG fighting with her tights/panties congratulations

I didn't know you distinguished names between sheer and opaque tights Frannie - interesting how many differences there are.

I think it's crazy the stuff they took out of the boxes - and no warning! what about tuxedo shirts and rubbish wallpapers that no one ever wants? Sad

Zoonie wrote:
I'm still chuckling at BG fighting with her tights/panties congratulations

I didn't know you distinguished names between sheer and opaque tights Frannie - interesting how many differences there are.

I think it's crazy the stuff they took out of the boxes - and no warning! what about tuxedo shirts and rubbish wallpapers that no one ever wants? Sad

congratulations
I now understand the mental image from boogs and your TMI-warning
Never thought it was such a difference in terms!

yeah Gill, Tights, are thicker.... people wear them under short skirts and whatnot. and pantyhose... is what old people wear!!! hahaha, sometimes young people wear them, but thay are a bit outdated now a days....

Imagining BG struggling to get Panties on is a funny thought..... HAHAHAHA

Dying here a bit.

morning, Zoon, BG, Fran,and Boogs, hope I got everyone!!!

I think i saw that the tuxedo shirt and slacks were removed... the tuxedo slacks are the only one that are ever long enough to reach Misha's shoes

inu-kijo wrote:
yeah Gill, Tights, are thicker.... people wear them under short skirts and whatnot. and pantyhose... is what old people wear!!! hahaha, sometimes young people wear them, but thay are a bit outdated now a days....

Imagining BG struggling to get Panties on is a funny thought..... HAHAHAHA

Dying here a bit.

morning, Zoon, BG, Fran,and Boogs, hope I got everyone!!!

:bully2:
(mine are purple, so guessing they're not for old people)

inu-kijo wrote:
pantyhose... is what old people wear!!! hahaha, sometimes young people wear them, but thay are a bit outdated now a days....

<-- old person and outdated.. but hardly ever wear a dress so not a problem

Coloured tights are fashionable here this winter.

I have a few pairs of sheer, only for wearing with dresses, because my legs stubbornly refuse to tan, that's assuming we see the sun (ever again) My knees go really quite brown, and my feet, but the bit inbetween - yuck!
It's so not fair.

But if I'm not wearing trousers or jeans in the winter, it's a shorter/straight skirt and opaque tights (usually black or dark brown depending on what colour the skirt is)

Now - what's this about your hand Kijo?

sorry all had a friend on the phone who is now popping round, so ive gotta run!

If I do not see you before Ill see you next year congratulations

Have a great one

and hope you feel better soon me loon

See you later Boogs, hope you have a wonderful NYE!
Happy New Year (in case I don't see you)!

It still hurts Zoonie Bug. : C

even more swollen today and SUPER painful : C

But I am adjuting to it by now. : D

inu-kijo wrote:
It still hurts Zoonie Bug. : C

even more swollen today and SUPER painful : C

But I am adjuting to it by now. : D

ibuprofen and ice packs... and a Dr after 3-4 days

Thanks Boogs, am lashing away at the hot lemon and honey.

Happy New Year to you

good Gill.. that would have been Dr. Frannie's advice... now can someone cure my diabetes please? or at least get me manageable?

Been taking lots of Bayer and Alieve. if not better by Friday, going to the clinic is the next step..... I am starting to wonder if there is something more seriosuly wrong with me... like something degrading my bones or something.... I keep getting "hurt" but haven't done anything or had anything happen to be "hurt"

makes you wonder..... : /

As you probably know .. I have fibromyalgia... when I don't get enough sleep/rest.. the hurting like that starts.. Have only been diagnosed 12-13 years, but felt pretty much the way you describe all through my early twenties. Bad news is.. even if diagnosed then... there's not much you can do for it anyway

wow... thats really inspirational there Frannie. : C

Thing is cause I dont really have any medical insurance, Dr's dont give me the time of day.
But I KNOW i havent done anything to GET these "injuries" that I have, but when i wake up, I have to MAKE myself get out of bed cause I just hurt EVERYWHERE so terribly. : C

Frannie wrote:
As you probably know .. I have fibromyalgia... when I don't get enough sleep/rest.. the hurting like that starts.. Have only been diagnosed 12-13 years, but felt pretty much the way you describe all through my early twenties. Bad news is.. even if diagnosed then... there's not much you can do for it anyway

that sounds painful
just been reading a bit about it, I've heard of it before in the beginning of my RA, but don't know much about it
I know you can't do much, so it must be really hard

nods... didn't mean to be not inspirational.. just pointing out that sometimes you don't have to injure yourself to hurt.. and to also point out.. that in my case.. you learn to live with it.. even though that sounds like a downer.. it's meant to point out that life IS livable.. just have to soldier on

Toulouse wrote:

that sounds painful
just been reading a bit about it, I've heard of it before in the beginning of my RA, but don't know much about it
I know you can't do much, so it must be really hard

well... am happy that it's NOT the RA you have... because I know there are days you hurt really really badly. Oh well.. enough of all this hurt talk, eh? It's New Year's Eve...

Do you have to work tonight Kijo? Is it difficult to deal with the drunken guests?

I ahve to work tongiht, and i have fun with drunk people. as an avidly drunk person myself. : D

So we will see.

I do not however like Avidly retarded (sorry to be blunt) drunk people.

someday Hubby and I will make it to Savannah.. gonna just drop in on Kijo and watch her jaw drop LOL

Frannie wrote:
well... am happy that it's NOT the RA you have... because I know there are days you hurt really really badly. Oh well.. enough of all this hurt talk, eh? It's New Year's Eve...

Do you have to work tonight Kijo? Is it difficult to deal with the drunken guests?

Lol true what you say about the hurt talk, but still want to mention this: I have lesser days I am in pain since I got those meds. I still have off days, but it's bearable (or I make it feel bearable - not quite sure how to explain that, but it's not that I get in a dark corner and sob the entire day, but I do know how to work my way around it and go through the day without much pain). The only thing that bothers me are the effects of the drugs on my body (like with my high liver values a month ago), but I do need them to function (and try to avoid painkillers as much as I can - not always good)