Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alexblue_4

Christmas Time Chitter Chat ~ Daily Thread

Oooh you can get them? I didn't think you could get i-player outside of the UK! that's good.

Mr Z and I are having a big convo about Socks. There's been an enquiry about him, but we're very militant about where he can go (or not ) If this man doesn't take him, well, let's just say he might not be going very far...

Hm, I think I misexplained something. I mean the content of the episodes they're showing here on tv (the ones of sweet baby james). I can't watch them online (haven't looked for that - gonna try as we speak!)

So there's a chance Socks stays at the Zoonies?

I thought the i-player was UK only Sad i.e. you have to have a licence to use it.

Shame.

Keep the BBC/Food and Saturday Kitchen link though as every week you'll be able to see the recipes.

Well, as for Socks, hmmm....we'll see...

Found another website with his recipes and I found him on youtube too (just watched him make tiramisu > everyone laughed with me when I added too much alcohol, but I didn't use 2 like he does)

armellproctor wrote:
I am doing well thank you, i had a very quiet New Years Eve , my sister and hubbie came over and we watched what was supposed to be a scarey movie lol Another Blair witch type oh well it was fun to laugh at other than that nothing has changed here , I lost the chat but found you again lol
i am either very dumb or you all are really good at hiding lol
i hate how we only get to go up to 100

Hello Dawn , i have a new saying for Christmas lol
A lot of love
A lot of drama
a lot of clean up

I've never seen the blair with actually congratulations
But glad you had such a nice eve!

Did you Google for him on Strictly Come Dancing BG? like Dawn said?

I have to run and capture Socks, he's escaped upstairs - courtesy of Mr Z!!!

Zoonie wrote:
Did you Google for him on Strictly Come Dancing BG? like Dawn said?

I have to run and capture Socks, he's escaped upstairs - courtesy of Mr Z!!!

I'm on it!
(not with Socks, but the googling)

aaagh he clamped his jaws around my wrist ...
injury time out!¬

BRB, am going to try to get the cat back on the other bed... he's found mine Sad

:good: yay Army!!!
okay, second time i've put the cat back on the other bed (now with biting and scratching involved - hope he stays on this bed and not mine)

I have puncture marks all around one wrist...Socks has been on the loose again too!

He's good though, just a bit stubborn : D He gave up trying to get on the other bed again, phew!

He's not ours yet Army, we're still just fostering him *whistles* congratulations

He has an enquiry, so we shall see...

We're keeping the cats inside because of the cold - 2 of them are "old", one of them is actually quite young, but very well behaving. And the young one sleeps in my room on the spare bed. But he found mine today, don't know why, was all of a sudden. But don't want him to sleep there.

I don't want cats on our furniture, oh no, but, everyone to their own. The enquiry for Socks is from a man I was helping with his enquiries about one of two brother cats who's gone AWOL. The remaining brother is now pining for company.

If that might work, he'll go - but we'll only let him go to a really good home.

Avira, hi honey - Happy New Year!"

Zoonie wrote:
He's not ours yet Army, we're still just fostering him *whistles* congratulations

He has an enquiry, so we shall see...

I love how you've put "yet" in between Laughing
Seems like you aren't sure about the enquiry?

Zoonie wrote:
I don't want cats on our furniture, oh no, but, everyone to their own. The enquiry for Socks is from a man I was helping with his enquiries about one of two brother cats who's gone AWOL. The remaining brother is now pining for company.

If that might work, he'll go - but we'll only let him go to a really good home.

Avira, hi honey - Happy New Year!"

Mom doesn't want that either, and I understand her. She said she'd rather see them on the beds then on the tables (yes... they do that sometimes Ashamed ) I even bought them fluffy cat bed, but they kind off look at you wondering why THEY have to go in there (and not us)

a friend of mine is trying to get me to take his two cats, i would in a minute but i have too many animals right now and hubby said no Sad

Well, I can love animals big time, but IMO they have their place, and their place isn't my place, you know?

We'll have to see. I think the man who's enquired would be a good owner, but, well, you know, Socks has been here a while now...

Socks has grown on you guys, completely understandable!
And true about their and our place - which means... I'll be right back, he's on my bed again :rolleyes:

Toulouse wrote:
Socks has grown on you guys, completely understandable!
And true about their and our place - which means... I'll be right back, he's on my bed again :rolleyes:

congratulations

so funny BG, we know their place...

they think their place is wherever they want to be!

Am now watching the last Celeb Big Brother, what trash TV it is

Have been "fighting" with him since my last post (and he's been biting ever since). Think I'm gonna stick him outside if he keeps acting bad lol

Am watching reruns of House MD, while rereading my notes from today. Nothing much on TV here either.

Have to bring my laptop to the repair service tomorrow, they're going to run some test to be sure it's the battery that's dead, or see if there's something else wrong with it. I won't have him for at least 3 to 4 days, so will be very awkward : D (but I have enough to study and other things to do).

Also going to the sales tomorrow, missy needs new pants (trousers lol; no pantyhose)

Hiya Mindy, you arrive just as BG is entertaining everyone with talk of her underwear again congratulations

Happy New Year, how are you?

Hi Gill, hi BG, Happy New Year to all! This is my last day off before back to work/school so I just had a manicure and spending the rest of the day on the couch.

Hi Mindy! Happy New Year!!
Pampering is always good!! Good luck on your first day!

I'm heading to bed, as I am a bit tired. Cat's back on my bed again, so wondering how he's going to behave during the night.

See you all later!

Good night! My cat woke me up at 5:30am so I hope you have a better night than I did! Laughing

See you BG.

No cats allowed upstairs here.

Mr Zoonie was back at work last week, and he's downstairs by 5am, but he wont throw the Lads outside, so I still have to get up to see to them!

Properly back to routine tomorrow then!

are you fully recovered from your NYE fiasco, Z? That sounded so dreadful (understatement, probably). Sad

You know what Mindy, we both still feel cold and tired - must be age catching up with us.

It was absolutely horrendous, but an endurance rather than anything too dreadful, we weren't mugged, robbed, abused or the like, so - counting our blessings while still hopping mad that it was so unnecessary.

Nothing like that's ever happened to us before.

How was your NYE?

It was good, but I went to a party where I think i was the oldest one there by 5 years, maybe. I'm thinking I'll stay in next year. I think I've reached that point in my life where going out on NYE is more of a chore than it is enjoyable.

Tell me about it! congratulationscongratulationscongratulations

Honey I have to go to bed, wakeup early tomorrow, so I'll love and leave you (I hate the time difference sometimes)

Take care xxx

Zoonie wrote:
Tell me about it! congratulationscongratulationscongratulations

Honey I have to go to bed, wakeup early tomorrow, so I'll love and leave you (I hate the time difference sometimes)

Take care xxx

bye bye Gill have a good sleep xox

we were supposed to go to the hospital to see my friend but hubbie is to sick to go and i have a rotten headache ugh!!!!!!

mindyjoy wrote:
It was good, but I went to a party where I think i was the oldest one there by 5 years, maybe. I'm thinking I'll stay in next year. I think I've reached that point in my life where going out on NYE is more of a chore than it is enjoyable.

Hello Mindy good to see you happy new year hun xox

my guess is that everyone has left now, that's what i get for lookung after hubbie and doing house work lol

Bye Gill, sorry I missed you, I was reviewing the classes I still have left. It's so frustrating. Sad

Hi Armell, how are you?

mindyjoy wrote:
Bye Gill, sorry I missed you, I was reviewing the classes I still have left. It's so frustrating. Sad

Hi Armell, how are you?

Doing good hun thanks for asking xox how are you sweetie ?