Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoonie

2010 Chat - January (part 3)

TanyaRC wrote:
sorry ,,, I don't have that one ...wish I did ... it is cute!

you'll be needing one this week... LOL

I have given up on the hunt today ..... I have tried to make three diff pictures and it keeps telling me failed, try again ..... I don't have the energy for that ...

TanyaRC wrote:
I have given up on the hunt today ..... I have tried to make three diff pictures and it keeps telling me failed, try again ..... I don't have the energy for that ...

was doing the same to me.. I refreshed.. then scrubbed and fed and all seems ok

Frannie wrote:
How are you doing Bee? things getting better?

yes and no frannie - I always think that i'm getting better and then something happend and I end up in tears.

Walked the dog with Mr B earlier and were talking about moving. I have spoken to my next door neightbour (single girl) and she said that she would share a flat with me but she is still looking for a property to buy for herself so it might be temporary.

I coudn't sleep last night so I was thinking if I would be better off sharing with her ( and being able to afford it without help) or if I should find studio or one bed flat on my own (and apply for rent assistance).

How are you?

does rent assistance amount to much? Does it have to be repaid? Do they dictate where you have to live? I'm not familiar with the term.. but maybe that's the way to go... then you can put back some money

Frannie wrote:
does rent assistance amount to much? Does it have to be repaid? Do they dictate where you have to live? I'm not familiar with the term.. but maybe that's the way to go... then you can put back some money

it's help with living expenses that depends on where you live and how much you earn - it's kind of benefit. Mr B was getting in when he was unemployed - he didn't get much as he was living with me and I was working.

There is lots of forms to fill and it takes time and you don't know how much they give you. Lot of landlords tell you right away they don't want people on benefits but I have a full time job so I would just need "a top up" as I don't earn enough for all my expenditure if I have to pay full rent.

Frannie wrote:
thank God you're better at YOUR job than they are!

ha ha .... Ain't that the truth!!

Bee, my question to you is how do you feel about living by yourself?? Will you be more comfortable knowing there is someone near by?? Do you know the personal habits of this neighbor?? Is she a slob or a neat freak??

TanyaRC wrote:

Bee, my question to you is how do you feel about living by yourself?? Will you be more comfortable knowing there is someone near by?? Do you know the personal habits of this neighbor?? Is she a slob or a neat freak??

she is tidy vegetarian who doesn't spend much time at home - she is a music teacher and also plays lots of "gigs". Her family lives quite far away. She is about my age and also single. Ive known her since April 09 when she moved here.

Living on my own - not sure I have never lived completely on my own ever but then I would have complete freedom to do things my way.

I'm torn what to do.

yeah .. tough decisions... but nothing is for life. If you make a wrong decision.. change it and move on to the next.

I've never lived alone. I moved from my Mother's house to my first apartment on the day I was married. In a way I kind of regret that, but I loved living at home.. even into my mid 20's

It sounds like she would make a good flatmate. You would probably have more space in the common area of the flat if you share with someone.

I have done both. They each have their advantages. and dis advantages for that matter ...

Frannie wrote:
yeah .. tough decisions... but nothing is for life. If you make a wrong decision.. change it and move on to the next.

I've never lived alone. I moved from my Mother's house to my first apartment on the day I was married. In a way I kind of regret that, but I loved living at home.. even into my mid 20's

i've moved to UK few months before my 20th birthday - I've been here over 12 years now

he he he ..... giggle giggle ...

Frannie ..... I just noticed the credit in your siggie ...... tyvm!!

well.. going to go make hubby some breakfast.. and get myself something to eat as well. For the first time in a long time my fasting blood sugar was under 200... insulin must be starting to work. Was in the 300's at bedtime

TanyaRC wrote:
he he he ..... giggle giggle ...

Frannie ..... I just noticed the credit in your siggie ...... tyvm!!

I SHOULD have done it right off... and thought I had.. just realized about 5 minutes ago that it was missing! Thank you so much for that , again. I love it and will hold me right through February

I know they both have advanteges and disadvantages. I think I would be better off sharing for a while - that might be better for me not only financialy but also emotionaly.

I will have to make a decision very soon Sad

oh, that is ok .... I didn't expect you too ... really I didn't .... It is like seeing your name on a billboard for the first time ......

Enjoy breakfast and I am glad the insulin is working!!

How likely do you think that this girl ..... what is her name so I can quit calling her girl?? .... will be able to find a place to buy anytime soon??

that's good news frannie

enjoy your breakfast

hi anyone who is here. havent had chance to chat the last few days. got a sicky bug just after popping in the other day to say hello. think i have now given it to hubby. is anyone here?

Guys I think it is time for a nap .... Talk to you all later ...

btw .... I am meeting Kijo for dinner tonight !!!! YAAAAAAA!!

toodles!!

hello carolyn

byeeee tanya - have fun with Kijo

HI Bee how r u? very quiet here at the moment. was thinking i really had killed off another thread!! hehe Smile

carolyn64 wrote:
HI Bee how r u? very quiet here at the moment. was thinking i really had killed off another thread!! hehe Smile

yes it's quiet here - I don't normally come here at the weekend as I'm not usually around but now that I'm single I seems to have bit more time at the weekend (but also attention span of a fruit fly Laughing )

how are you?

Wish Fairy wrote:
Bee - I'm here if you still are ?

hello wish

I'm still here - lurking
how are you?

Hi...long time since I've seen you. I think we keep missing each other !!
Are you ok ? How's the accommodation search going ?

(Also lurking and doing other stuff, but great to see you)

not much progress with accomodation - must decided if I want to live on my own or share. My next door neighbour would share with me (she is a single girl). She is looking to buy a place for herself so sharing with me would allow her to save up more

how have you been?

Bee wrote:
not much progress with accomodation - must decided if I want to live on my own or share. My next door neighbour would share with me (she is a single girl). She is looking to buy a place for herself so sharing with me would allow her to save up more

That sounds like it could be a good plan in short term !! Will it be close to where you are right now ? or will you move somwhere different ? (or feel free to tell me to mind my own business LOL )

I want to stay here if possible - that way I can still see the dog (and it's very nice area here too!)

I guess it's all going to depends on what I decided and on money - sharing would be better for me but that also depends on what is awailable here - there are few 2 bed flats advetised so I'll look into it. Mr B is also helping me as he doesn't want me to end up in horrible place.

I don't mind talking about it - it helps me to deal with it

Bee wrote:
I want to stay here if possible - that way I can still see the dog (and it's very nice area here too!)

I guess it's all going to depends on what I decided and on money - sharing would be better for me but that also depends on what is awailable here - there are few 2 bed flats advetised so I'll look into it. Mr B is also helping me as he doesn't want me to end up in horrible place.

I don't mind talking about it - it helps me to deal with it

That sounds good - especially if you can be close to the dog. I was SO lucky when my ex left me (actually I kicked him out after I found out he was seeing someone he worked with while we were living together) he left the dogs with me. It was quite a surprise as the older dog was HIS dog that he brought with him to our relationship.

How you doing at SW by the way ? I expect it's the last thing on your mind right now. I'm doing ok but have lowered my target to try to keep myself motivated Smile

Wish Fairy wrote:

That sounds good - especially if you can be close to the dog. I was SO lucky when my ex left me (actually I kicked him out after I found out he was seeing someone he worked with while we were living together) he left the dogs with me. It was quite a surprise as the older dog was HIS dog that he brought with him to our relationship.

How you doing at SW by the way ? I expect it's the last thing on your mind right now. I'm doing ok but have lowered my target to try to keep myself motivated Smile

Well we got the dog together but it's difficult to find a flat that it's pet friendly so it's easier for him to keep the dog as we already is staying in pet's friendly place.

I'm still doing SW - it keeps me busy (and sane) - I had little gain last week so my total now stands on -9.5 pounds.

:good:

YAY - good going - well done. !!

On the pet front...when I moved from Suffolk to Hampshire with work...I had the feeling that "Pets allowed" in rented accommodation really meant "hop you can tolerate a completely inferior standard of living to people without pets" as everywhere I looked out was AWFUL!! Thankfully my employer stepped in and managed to negotiate (Beg - LOL) the agent to find me somwhere that was quite decent.

London is almost impossible - nice or not nice place - it's almost impossible to find a place that will allow pets period.

we got extremely lucky that we found this place where landlord allowed us to have the dog and as a bonus - it's a nice flat too!

Thankfully I never had to deal with London, but I can tell you Hampshire and SUffolk it was like.....if you want to live with mold growing off the walls and no heating ...then you can have pets !! It made me so mad..like people with dogs (in particular) really want to live like that!!

Gotta go my dear as I MUST pay attention to my roast chicken. Lovely to see you! Good luck with the search and hope to see you soon.