(example of good naming system)
Terra (rookie1)
Francisco (rookie2)
Attrition (rookie3)

Vote yes to get worlds actual names followed by rank and number
Vote no to leave it alone. (boo)

GO.

I think it's a good idea but I can't come with any names by myself Sad

Also, if we remove those numbers, people will scatter in different worlds instead of going for the last one(4) while number 3 still has some place remaining.

Sidenote : If we use that system, people won't know if it's a "self world" or a "rank world". Selfworld should be renamed to owner's name :/

Think it looks like a nice idea. but aslong as its unique names for like rookie1, and rooki2. i vote yes.(if i can Razz)

I thought there were no self worlds below adept? if there are, why?

I am going to open another topic about worlds, in the mean time im gonna go ahead with this, heres my codes.

(R1) rookie1
(R2) rookie2
etc. pupil= P1 mason = M1 etc.

I will not be adding codes to adept+ worlds, and any self world i find will have the code (IND) for individual.

Okay?

Sounds like a good idea to me. Will make it look nicer. Name-cloned worlds aren't all that appealing. Dooettt. And maybe, for a name, suggestions could be made to vote on. I also think the names should have something in common with the world. Wink

Ravensdale
Arabi
Sledge
Los Minerales
Cassandra
Sixteen Mile Stand
Kemmah
Manteno
Edmonton
Lake Roberts
Casselman
Heena
Molalala
Edgewater
Edinburg
Flatonia

I'd say yes, but there's probably a better way to go about it.

I've discussed with others about how we set up how we hide/unhide worlds.
Not the command itself, just about, how we set our worlds up in concern to it.

Since you brought this issue up, i may as well tell you,
it's been noted that we could try hiding most worlds except 1 or 2 worlds from each RANK as a general world in game for them.
Except, we put ALL the worlds and names up onto the site, and whom they belong to, organize details on that world and what not,
In an effort to keep it more organized.

I guess, if you guys can't settle for the options above in the end, we can try this, as i was thinking of it trying it anyway. =.=

I say yes and no

We could use a naming system but listing them will be hard to track

Uhm....did anyone else than staff complain about this?
<rank><number> is a good way to keep track of maps

how about short rank title followed by worlds name, and leaving the rank part out on private worlds?
ie: NOVmain, ADEhuge, PUPpupilotropolis.
I've been thinking that possibility to filter spefic rank worlds would be good idea, and this would help with that.

Rookie1, Pupil1, Mason1, Adept1, etc. should all be flat maps, anyway. The names aren't very appealing because what are you going to name a flat map? I mean our first flat map for adepts was just named Flat!

Generated worlds with actual terrain specific to that rank should be named, imo.

masteronion wrote:
Rookie1, Pupil1, Mason1, Adept1, etc. should all be flat maps, anyway. The names aren't very appealing because what are you going to name a flat map? I mean our first flat map for adepts was just named Flat!

Generated worlds with actual terrain specific to that rank should be named, imo.

this ^

I personally say no to individual names. the codes might kind of help, but the worlds list looks organized as is imo.

If you renamed worlds like SanFrancalico or what have you, people would get confused. You must realize the general age of people joining the server. 11ish-16ish

MAYBE if you did something along the lines of

RookieFornia
RookieSisco

or even

RavensdaleR1
ArabiR2

, but even that would look bad. IF YOU COULD FIND A WAY to make original names, but the /worlds list to look organized, (involves alphabetizing and categorizing by rank) I'd support it.

Sharok wrote:
Add a number in front of the name? it would be easier to type /j 42

..zomg.. great idea >_>