Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chirstain

Is Minecraft Down Because Of SOPA/PIPA?

For whatever reason, when I tried to log on to WoM, it said "Could not authenticate: Your username/password are incorrect or there are no servers to validate your login." I also noticed that Minecraft.net was down because they are protesting the new SOPA/PIPA bills. Are the actual Minecraft servers down too because of this, or is there a problem on my end?

Guest Snowy
I'm on minecraft but they might be shutting down their websites for now as in protest.

Three co-sponsors of the SOPA and PIPA antipiracy bills have publicly withdrawn their support as Wikipedia and thousands of other websites blacked out their pages Wednesday to protest the legislation.

If you hate it soo much and live in the states than contact your local... federal... political... representative? (US equivalent of Canada's members of parlament) and tell them how much your against SOPA.

OR

if you do NOT live in the states contact your country's minister of foreign affairs and tell him how much you are against SOPA.

I would say go ahead and do this regardless of weather or not your the legal voting age. Minecraft's very existence depends on YOU.

Yeah, I think the minecraft's fate was a bit of a stretch (seeing how minecraft is a product distributed my the company that made it), but SOPA SUCKS!!! Thankfully, the internet is KICKING SOPA'S @$$!!! They picked the wrong army to fight with!! Very Happy

imo: The congressmans that votes yes for sopa deserve to be jailed for crime against humanity.

BTW: This shows how democratic USA is... it's just a capitalist dictatorship governed by corporations.
Revolution ftw

Some related tune: