by invaderpopz on Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:00 pm
IT IS FINISHED!!! Very Happy
I have finished my spawn, and since no action has been taken towards a
decision, I have taken Mouf's advice on creating a poll! Unfortunately,
idk how to make it expert+, so DON'T VOTE IF YOU AREN'T EXPERT+!!! YOUR
VOTE WILL NOT COUNT!!! If you haven't seen my spawn, go check it out
please Very Happy It's called "invspawn" The time to vote is now!!! kthxbai

[/quote]

It's been talked about, and now the creator of the world is done. Check it out, Vote yes / no

PS I'm in favor cat

Fine, I've had this topic up forever. If anyone bitches about the new spawn thing, It was voted on by at least 5 expert+ and passed.

Any GM objecting SHOULD have posted by now. I'm Implementing effective immediately, at least to Test it out.

It's already filtering out the stupid people who cant read. Maybe if we could have /help modified to include /j novice?

Do we even want the people who can't read?

If they can't read , they won't listen anyways.

EDIT :

AFTER HALF AN HOUR OF TEST, I'VE COME TO THE FOLLOWING CONCLUSION :

MOST PEOPLE ARE FUCKING MORONS. DON'T FIX WHAT AIN'T BROKE, RIGHT?

Anger Aside, May test this tomorrow when I have more time to watch it/have gm full co-operation.

lightning_po wrote:

EDIT :

AFTER HALF AN HOUR OF TEST, I'VE COME TO THE FOLLOWING CONCLUSION :

MOST PEOPLE ARE FUCKING MORONS. DON'T FIX WHAT AIN'T BROKE, RIGHT?

Iiiiiiiiiii knew it. Wink

TBH I'd rather stick to it for more time like a couple days, if it makes some people rage than so be it. I'd rather filter out all the morons than have it as is. Out of all the traffic AITM sees, 60-70% are griefers. Anything that filters them down is great, those who are not are morons who build 80 blocks worth of rainbow towers or houses and don't listen to anything of those there are maybe 1-2% worth of people can build something thats not a 80 block worth rainbow tower and can actually follow directions. That 1-2% that we actually want are the ones that are likely going to follow those directions. I don't see it as a bad thing TBH.

Filtering is good. But who handles the constant "WHRE CAN I BUILD?" inquiries? Over time it gets pretty annoying to be telling how to /j main constantly, especially during rush.

Have it on a big sign directly infront of spawn. Problem solved. If they can't read it, that is there problem for being illiterate.

Ok, I think I see the problem. /j main is very dark and high up at the gateway. It might be hard to notice cause the color, or cant be seen at all at low draw distance.

I took the liberty of sticking it to under /help and /rules in front of spawn. Tho it didnt seem to help..

I've watched it and it's about 50/50, half of the people understand the concept and learn what they gotta do. Half just take a look around and rage. Additionally its made it easier to patrol as you still get a lot of traffic but not everybody is streaming in at the same time. IMO I've noticed a lot more builders coming around, before the spawn change. I've had to ban 130 people in a single day. Just so much griefer traffic, today so far I've only banned 6 people. It seems to lessen the griefer population, where as they use to just be-able to connect and go around griefing stuff. Now they they gotta connect, figure out what they gotta do, connect to the world then grief. Too much effort for most of them I think. I think the new spawn world has made a benefit IMO, see how it is in the next couple days.