Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JohnsonTea

Minecraft Contest

Well I had such a good time hosting the Giveaway that I might do another Very Happy. This time rank doesn't matter. It is all about creativity.

So I've been wandering in classic and stumbled upon a map, a very ginormous one, where you only can only claim a certain amount of land, I believe it was 128 x 128 or something like that. Commands and WOM are permitted during the contest. The only thing is that higher rank will get a higher advantage since they have a greater drawing limit which I am fine with that because they have earned it and will use it to their advantage Very Happy

All that I need is for someone (experts or would I need to consult with the GMs...) to confirm the amount of land space (hopefully not to much space considering the results from the previous Giveaway)

Right contest Prize : Minecraft Full version Like from the Giveaway.

Previous Winner : MattiZWE, Having a Great time in SMP .

Good look guys and lets hope that this request gets approved.

I will also let the audience vote on this one so most popular votes wins.
There is a catch though Razz
There are points in the voting system, you can vote for yourself -_-,

Novice 1pt
Rookie 2pt
Pupil 3pt
Mason 4pt
Artisan 5pt
Adept 6pt
Expert 7pt
Grandmasters 10pt

You can only vote once, and also no same IP account will not be counted due to multiple account creations for votes :/.

Accounts with the same IP can vote (possible siblings), only that Novices and Rookies extra votes will not be counted.

Builds have to be Legit. If any Paste command are used, then they are disqualified from the the contest. I will mention this to whoever that enters so that there are no second chances given.

Your Charmander,

Raichu

JohnsonTea wrote:
If any Paste command are used, then they are disqualified from the the contest.

Does this include build related paste, as in mirroring one side and pasting it to the other?

Yes it does since other contestants could simply take their own work from another another world and paste. Then span the block info with delete and redo to cover the paste which means that I have to check the chat log for any of those activity. (Imagine doing that to all players No )
If you or anybody have a solution, then I will allow mirror pasting.

I made a world called Giveaway.
Gotta plan how to handle the build rights.

Hello. For starters im new to AITM, greetings to you all.

I remember one of the first things i asked when i started ranking up on this server was "are there contests?" Someone said sometimes spleef but thats not what i meant lol. Anyhow, I'm really excited about joining this competition, but I'm also disappointed. You see, I am merely a pupil with a 32 draw limit. You said the rank advantages are what they are, but I feel like pupil is incredibly gimped here as the limit from pupil to mason is 32 -> 10000 (if anyone can explain that, please go ahead lol). I came from a server that i was an OP on (don't worry i like AITM better), and i was used to building really large builds, some going over 1,000,000 blocks. I am ok with dealing with the 32 draw limit until i rank up. However, i really, really, really want to join this competition, but I feel like it is no use with a draw limit of only 32. Is there any way i can get some kind of a temporary rank or something just for the contest? If not i wont be joining the contest (so you better have more contests lol!)

That' great news Doom Very Happy Ill check that map out once I'm done school.

@EricTheBarbaric The problem is when someone gets something, then others wants the same thing to be equal... Image all the novices/rookies/pupil asking for a higher rank just for the contest... Perhaps you can ask someone nicely to do it although he/she has to monitor you while you build... which mean they would be doing you a huge favor.

JohnsonTea wrote:

If you or anybody have a solution, then I will allow mirror pasting.

Monitored? has to be reported? copy spot must be shown on build?

I've decided that the copy/paste command would not be used during the contest.

Monitored?
It would most likely that someone will not supervise the builders at all times

has to be reported?
Hard to spot the pasting of a part by adding complex part to the builds.

copy spot must be shown on build?
Pasting could come from another map, say one half and the other half done by hand. Sure you can check the block info but there would be too many build to do that.

This is not a great lost, since there's the cuboid command and your creativity Very Happy

Suggestions about zoning:

Whitelist the contestants?
minimal grief damage by zoning slots

idk up to you Very Happy

Although I hate to ask the experts for every participants that wants to be whitelisted :/ idk up to you to decide on that one Razz you more experience on creating maps anyways ^.^
So far there are two people that are already interested... News spread so quickly :O

EricTheBarbaric wrote:
Hello. For starters im new to AITM, greetings to you all.

I remember one of the first things i asked when i started ranking up on this server was "are there contests?" Someone said sometimes spleef but thats not what i meant lol. Anyhow, I'm really excited about joining this competition, but I'm also disappointed. You see, I am merely a pupil with a 32 draw limit. You said the rank advantages are what they are, but I feel like pupil is incredibly gimped here as the limit from pupil to mason is 32 -> 10000 (if anyone can explain that, please go ahead lol). I came from a server that i was an OP on (don't worry i like AITM better), and i was used to building really large builds, some going over 1,000,000 blocks. I am ok with dealing with the 32 draw limit until i rank up. However, i really, really, really want to join this competition, but I feel like it is no use with a draw limit of only 32. Is there any way i can get some kind of a temporary rank or something just for the contest? If not i wont be joining the contest (so you better have more contests lol!)

The reason why a pupils draw limit is 32 compared to a masons 10000 is because pupil is a easy rank to get but also has access to commands that can be easily abused. I've seen countless pupils griefing and abusing there powers before. As such there limit is only 32 to minimize the damage. Mason is for people who have shown they are decent builders and can be trustworthy. As such they have much higher draw limits.

32 draw is not that bad, you just have to keep re-using the command over and over again where as most usually only have to do it once. Giving them a slight advantage but not by that much. I doubt you are going to get a temp rank for the competition, such a thing would be highly irregular and bad. I am sure you understand as a server op yourself. I'd suggest get to work on building stuff in AITM that is worthy of a rank up before the contest and show your trust. If you cannot make the deadline by the contest than don't worry about it. As said you may have a highly lower draw limit but it is only a minor disadvantage. If you have skill, it will not deter you from winning the contest.

DemonicD3 wrote:

The reason why a pupils draw limit is 32 compared to a masons 10000 is because pupil is a easy rank to get but also has access to commands that can be easily abused. I've seen countless pupils griefing and abusing there powers before. As such there limit is only 32 to minimize the damage. Mason is for people who have shown they are decent builders and can be trustworthy. As such they have much higher draw limits.

32 draw is not that bad, you just have to keep re-using the command over and over again where as most usually only have to do it once. Giving them a slight advantage but not by that much. I doubt you are going to get a temp rank for the competition, such a thing would be highly irregular and bad. I am sure you understand as a server op yourself. I'd suggest get to work on building stuff in AITM that is worthy of a rank up before the contest and show your trust. If you cannot make the deadline by the contest than don't worry about it. As said you may have a highly lower draw limit but it is only a minor disadvantage. If you have skill, it will not deter you from winning the contest.

Must say i agree. If your a capable builder, it will show even if you dont have 10k drawlimit.

JohnsonTea wrote:
Although I hate to ask the experts for every participants that wants to be whitelisted :/ idk up to you to decide on that one Razz you more experience on creating maps anyways ^.^
So far there are two people that are already interested... News spread so quickly :O

world access for all, build expert/gm+ with exception for contestants, zoning to ensure fair play.

Collect a list of people who are wanting to participate. Whitelisting and zoning after participant list closed.

Not sure about the participant list being closed since there are a lot of players that may log in once and a while and may be too late to register for the contest Razz

yea but number of contestants is unknown, therefor:
(512 512 128) / x = y
where x is the number of contestants, and y is the amount of land. Can't be solved without either x or y

hrm.
128x128x128 each was what wom did.
Either we do 1024 x 1024 x 128,
which is the equiv of 512 512 512 size, iii thiinkk, or we do 128 x 128 x 128 for each person, just label the maps for the competion, like so
Cmoufisto
Cfrogger
Cericrb

that sort of a thing, just put a letter or number before it to notify us that it's a competition map, and assemble it properly size wise and permissions wise,
to expert+ with whitelisted user(s).

That would be a lot of map to create because I have a feeling that there is going to be more people participating in this contest so many maps would have to be created... I you want you could do it, I just think that there's just going to a huge list at the end. There might be 50+ peoples, that's what I'm saying...

Alright no worries I've achieved Mason lol. So now I'm really looking forward to this, I'm wondering how does this contest play out? Like will there be a theme or something or do we just build what we want? Maybe like every month there could be a new contest with a new theme, although I guess you don't want to be handing out full versions of MC every month. Also what are the rules for cuboid/spheroid etc. and what is the time limit?

Woah there buddy, I just finished wrapping up the previous contest which was a draw so nothing theme related there since it was the first giveaway. Right now, all we have is a Huge map and only 3? 4? people Very Happy

I'm wondering how does this contest play out?
Right now, I'm looking for people to participate in the contest. The problem is that too few people are logging into the classic server comparing to the amount of masons we have :/

Like will there be a
theme or something or do we just build what we want?
No themes. Build whatever you want. This adds to the first question: The winner will be based on votes (point system) Basically if you are a higher rank, the vote is worth more. So anything you build is nice just as long as you attract people to get them to vote for you Razz

Maybe like every
month there could be a new contest with a new theme, although I guess
you don't want to be handing out full versions of MC every month.
Meh I'll consider it.

Also
what are the rules for cuboid/spheroid etc.
You can use all the commands that are available with the exception of the PASTE command.

and what is the time limit?
Not sure when it ends

P.S I may add some mini games, not sure what yet, to earn some points.

Okay happens that im having failures with Minecraft when buying it so i will give this a try. Already have my whole build in a blueprint. SO im ready. WHen is it starting anyway?

P.S Johnson YOU DUBSTEP

-Alec Macher

Im going to use the Formula that Doom posted, so this thing starts when I get enough people (For the usage of the formula). So far I only have 3!!!!

K so I've decided that due to the few numbers of people that goes online, the contest will commence.

So the map "Giveaway" Will be divided into 16 plots giving the contestants 128*128 plots.

The plots will be zoned for the following people since they were on the waiting list:

VoltageXXII
Christain
ErictheBarbaric
JohnsonTea

So there is only 12 plots remaining, Once all the plots are filled, there will be NO new participants to the contest.

JohnsonTea wrote:

The plots will be zoned for the following people since they were on the waiting list:

VoltageXXII
Christain
ErictheBarbaric
JohnsonTea

You are in your own contest?

oh gosh forgot, good thing the maps are still locked so NO one has started yet :/

So anyone who unlock the map "Giveaway" make a zone for alecmacher,

Thank you very much.

Alright, you're also in Chocfishryum, so that means that only 10 plots remains if my math is correct.
16 - (Volt + chir + Eric + John + alec + choc) = 10

also, if build gets badly positioned and needs moving, that would involve cut and paste. Whats the policy on that as it would leave record that blocks have been pasted.

I've now split the map into 16 spots. People mentioned in johnson's earlier post have spots zoned for them, marked with short name. Keep the name there until you have something build that reminds you of your spot.

I guess this is where the saying "Practice makes perfect" comes in. No pasting shall be used since someone might copy something from another map then spam the binfo by repeating the cuting and pasting...

***Actually you know what, due to the lack of participants make one of them sloths plots have a very pretty/ colourful floor. If you want something copied/ mirrored/ error on placement, build that part on the "free" plot. If I see or anyone sees a part that was pasted on their plot but doesn't match the one on the "free" plot, that person will be disqualified from the contest.***

Hello, sorry but once again I've got questions lol. I used paste but only to help make a grid before I build if thats ok, so its not for my build but just for organization. Also, let's say I don't like the build I'm doing, can I use another plot to make a second build, and If I finish both can I just choose one for the contest? I probably won't though and its only if the plots don't get taken.

Yea you're fine Eric, it is just the builds I'm concerned about. I'm sure that all plots will be filled up Very Happy

There should be a plot where you want something copied, if there isn't then wait for one to be created before you can use the paste command.

Make a plot for Mike also -.-

JohnsonTea wrote:
Make a plot for Mike also -.-

You can zone too, you know.

I can, causes I tried to destroy a block on a "free" space, it said "Your rank is not allowed to build here"

Copying/Pasting Rules

[X][][][] Say X is your plot and you want to copy something. |----------|
[ ][][][] *The thing you want to copy is O | |
[ ][][][] | O |
[ ][][][] X (Your plot) -----> |________|

To copy and paste O in different areas in your plot, you must copy the original (O) into the Pink Plot.

Plot Pink
|----------|
O is now labeled C since it is copied. Now you can copy that part as much as you like in your plot.
| |
| C
|
|________|

So your plot should look like this
Plot X
|-----------|
| C C C | With O being the Original Part and C being all the parts that you copied.
| O
|
|C_C__C__|

I will /b all similar parts and if all is labelled (Pasted) Then You Will be disqualified from the contest.

If the original were to be deleted due to misplacement,
Then you have 2 Options

Have me copy the original before deleting it

OR

I could take out the Paste command since it would cause too much trouble...

I will be pondering on this one :/