Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invaderpopz

Change the warning system?

So I was thinking that our warning system has been a little watered down. Some artisans act like kick is = to a ban, and should be used only in cases where someone needs a ban. The system (as I've been told) is freeze 1st warning, kick 2nd, and ban 3rd. With that system, though, kicks sort of become pointless, because if someone is on their second warning, it was either too minor to do anything, or major enough for ban. The only time anyone kicks is if it's major grief, but major grief shouldn't be kicked, because it makes it easier for the adept to ban them if they're still on (I think). So what I was thinking was, we should use freezes only for special circumstances, and use kick more often, because kick really has no permanent punishment. It sounds harsh, but we can make it obvious that it is only a warning in the reason. Since we prompt them multiple times to use /rules, it's fair that we kick them. For example, if someone pillars excessively and doesn't delete, we can kick them with the reason: Warning: Please type /rules to read the rules. Rule 3: No Pillaring. That way, they have been clearly warned, and there would also be a way to check up on people's warnings. If that person was caught again pillaring, but in the old system of just freezing for warnings, the next guy who caught them would just freeze them again. 1st warning two times. With the kick system, however, the person could use /info to see that that person was kicked already for pillaring. That way they could move to second warning procedure. One more benefit of the idea would be that artisans could get more kicks to show they moderate. What I mean is that right now, I have very low kicks, and I know I look for grief a super amount, but I moderate more than I get credit for. That's because when I catch a griefer, I don't kick them, I freeze them and let the adept ban them. I was moderating, but there wasn't a record of it in my info. with the new kick idea, you could keep a better tab on how much the artisans are moderating when you consider them for adept. I hope someone expert+ actually reads this and considers it, even if you think it's a bad idea Razz

I know I am not expert+ but I feel I may be able to input.
I, ofcourse, I can see where you are coming from. If the person is kicked, we can tp to you and see the grief. If they arent, we can still come if you say. Freeze isnt really used nowadays due to the inactivity of the server but may be used more in the upcoming weeks.
The reasoning of using the rules in the kicks is good and may make them stop but ,as said, it usually does tend to be too much grief or not enough etc. Also, you arent judged on the amount of kicks. Say a artisan has 200+ kicks in a week, they could have easily seen one block of grief and went 'Grief!' and then kicked. Same as someone who, as you said, may not mod at all and have none. It all evens out. If you do mod as much as you say, then it has been noticed whether you think it is or not. Everything you do is noticed be it good or bad. My personal opinion, this could work out in busier times but now may not be applicable.

Your post makes a valid point but kicking for a first time offense seems harsh hence freeze warn first. It's not your fault if they don't understand it and IF they repeat offense. That is when you kick, I don't understand why you cannot kick for the 2nd offense even if it's minor when you are argueing that you should kick all the time even if it's minor (like pillaring). Freezing is good for first time warnings, if you wish you can keep him frozen unti'll he replies to you that he understands why you froze him. Infact there's no reason why you shouldn't do that. You don't even have to watch him while you do it, keep on patroling and watching chat unti'll he complies that he or she understands. Freezing is also handy for griefers if you are a artisan, if you spot them first and freeze them. You can call a admin to come look and ban them. The admin may have banned them but you caught the griefer first and all credit actually goes to you.

If there is no moderator on, you keep the griefer frozen and when he tries to log back into the server when a mod is on. They see he was previously frozen and start watching the player knowing he previously bisbehaved. If you think credit goes only to the person who banned them you are mistaken. We look out for griefers all the time when we are on but we also notice other stuff as well. Like you artisans and even sometimes masons following novices around or even finding a griefer and properly freezing them and calling for a admin to banhammer them. We notice that stuff and we don't take the credit for it. So there is no reason to have a 100+ kick info when the moderators already know if your doing a good job moderating or not as a artisan.

Lost I personally don't even mod that much anyway, but some people do mod a lot, but they don't have a lot of kicks Razz

and Demonic, when I said it's too minor to kick on the second warning, I meant that's what some people say, but not what I believe Razz

Thanks for your input guys Smile