Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Francomoyano

Bold, Italic, Crossed etc.

Chat

A multiplayer chat snippet.
In multiplayer, players can press T to chat to others or enter commands. Commands are identified by the server with the use of a forward slash (/) at the beginning of the message. Chat functions include:
Chat history - Mouse wheel can be used to scroll up/down for history. PAGEUP and PAGEDOWN keys can also be used.
Clickable links in chat.
Up/down keys for recently sent messages.
If you start typing a player's name, and press Tab ↹, it'll automatically type the rest of the username for you, so long as the player is currently logged on.
Copy & paste in chat. (CTRL + V is for paste and CTRL + C is to copy. SHIFT + Arrow keys will select text for you.)
The section symbol, §, allows players to change the style of the text.
Just like typing §k in chat displays random characters, §l §m §n and §o creates bold, striked, underlined and italic text respectively, while §r resets any set states.
These (the section symbol: §) cannot be typed in vanilla clients because they are restricted from being typed. If § is pasted and posted in chat, the player who sent it will be automatically kicked from the server with an "Illegal characters in chat" message, and an disconnect.endOfStream error server-side.
Pressing the '/' acts like a command key: it opens the chat with a '/' in it. In other keyboard layouts, it might be another key.

Copied from http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Multiplayer

I heard google is hard to use, Wink

Yes he could not understand how to insert question into search box. I was there this morning.

Sheppard250 wrote:
---> § <---- well where is it on the keyboard??

the key to the left of 1, on a swedish keyboard, not sure uf you have to change settings on yours to be able to use it, try lft alt ´+ left shift.. god i hate writing on a "mini" laptop online good for watching movies on tbh.. but yea im not entierly sure where you find it on yer keyboard :<