Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zhuge

Tekkit for smp?

Seeing smp has been losing players due to http://www.technicpack.net/tekkit/ , I have a suggestion on making the next server generation to be hosted using Tekkit.

Based off knowledge, i know many smp players, such as lostie, shep, luna, volt, lordo, Mikewater, xx, mouf, and others have moved to this modpack.

basic introduction info for tekkit

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/getting-started-with-tekkit-ee-ic2-bc.23712/

Wiki on tekkit

http://thetekkit.wikia.com/wiki/The_Tekkit_Wiki

lunalunarwolf wrote:
and Tekkit is for non PVPers.

........................ TEKKIT NO PVP? R U SERIOUS? Tekkit may have included new things like building blocks and redstone things ect but tekkit has WAY more pvp things than no pvp i would say maybe the normal mc to be no pvp and tekkit pvp

mikewater wrote:
lunalunarwolf wrote:

........................ TEKKIT NO PVP? R U SERIOUS? Tekkit may have included new things like building blocks and redstone things ect but tekkit has WAY more pvp things than no pvp i would say maybe the normal mc to be no pvp and tekkit pvp

well mike. Where will the non pvp tekkit players go? If you want pvp the. Find a pvp server. All the non pvpers whent to tekkit Cus of the no pvp. If your wanting us to go to the one place we left then it wont work out to well

Okay there are alot of new weapons added in tekkit, a whole mod full of weapons in fact i think we should have it for pvp and also no banned items for the server that would make it un-fun because server like that take the fun out of it.
My Suggestion is that pvp and no banned items.

lunalunarwolf wrote:

mikewater wrote:
lunalunarwolf wrote:

well mike. Where will the non pvp tekkit players go? If you want pvp the. Find a pvp server. All the non pvpers whent to tekkit Cus of the no pvp. If your wanting us to go to the one place we left then it wont work out to well

Well eric could just make 2 worlds problem solved

mikewater wrote:
lunalunarwolf wrote:

mikewater wrote:
lunalunarwolf wrote:

Well eric could just make 2 worlds problem solved

Sound's fair. I agree with that.

1: The title is misleading, this isn't an upgrade, but a downgrade, as tekkit runs on an old mc version.

2: everyone will have to mod their clients.

3: this will eat ram like godzilla.

4: Can you guys agree on the pvp/non-pvp thing? please! Since the beginning of the server, we had both in the same world, and it failed miserably because pvp was boring and builders were raging at each death.

5: YOU CANNOT MAKE 1 WORLD WITH BUKKIT AND 1 WITH TEKKIT. These 2 things are server systems. it would mean making 2 SEPARATE SERVERS. (had to use caps to make the thing visible)

6: Eric and me paid money for that thing to run smoothly (and I still have to give my share to eric...) The server might need.... more ram to function without crashing... and cost will go up because of that. (see point 3)

7: Vanilla-like anyone? I mean, normal mc with plugins even more basic than what we got. I would definitely play there. I like challenge.

If you guys want tekkit, fine, but don't request impossible stuff and don't expect everyone to like that stuff.

lunalunarwolf wrote:
If you want pvp the. Find a pvp server.
All in the Mined is a PVP server, regardless what mods you add. If AITM added Tekkit, it would automaticly be a PVP server. Just saying.

Sharok wrote:

2: everyone will have to mod their clients.

Not exactly. If you get the "Technic Launcher" from the Technic site, it lets you choose between six different mods(Tekkit, Technic, YogBox, VoxelModPack, Hack/Mine, and Vanilla.) and automatically inputs the mods for use into Minecraft when you choose them and loggin making it really easy.

applefreak197 wrote:
no banned items.

Your suggestion is baseless. Giving people nukes which will lag the server intensely and damage a large amount players without being near them. Also giving people items to duplicate everything so they never need to work again. Seems like so much fun.

make this suggestion months ago,
gets hammered down.
took u some time to realize im always right !

Micke1990 wrote:
make this suggestion months ago,
gets hammered down.
took u some time to realize im always right !

Oh hey, look who's back from hell-knows-where, posting crap about being right for no reason whatsoever.

Oi! Don't make me get someone in here to fire a orbital friendship cannon to kill you all!