Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zhuge

Death of Classic.

Due to VPS host migration, AITM classic is dead.

"I regret to tell you that we have lost a small number of servers, this VPS included, in the course of migrating them from our previous Chicago datacenter. As you may be aware, we recently moved all customers to a new facility in Chicago, due to problems with downtime and stability that we had experienced with the previous host. This former host went out of business, unannounced, while we were moving data off of their servers, and as a result we no longer have access to a small number of servers that had yet to be migrated. I am very sorry to have caused this situation for you.

Right now I would recommend that we setup a new VPS for you in order to get online immediately. Of course, we will also provide compensation for this loss in whatever way you feel is appropriate. I believe a free billing period of service would be the least we could offer you.

Please accept our sincere apologies for this. Incidents like these are obviously not how we would like our service to be characterized, and we would like to do everything possible to help overcome this. Please let me know how you would like to move forward.
"

This is sad news

This is a suggestion and no I don't have a VPS but I do have my own server and I can keep it up most times until classic is finally gone, I can transfer it to the IRC channel easily and you can play on it as long classic remains alive, This measure is for players who still want to play classic.

I will only do this if expert+ agrees to it.

I made this suggestion in IRC yesterday for players to have fun in the mean time until the server comes back up but now as you can see the server won't be back up, so I am offering my server to play in

(and no I am not advertising as you see I have not said my server's name)

R.I.P. Classic I will miss you and my statues and builds 2011-2013 you had a good run Aitm classic... Sad
Hopefully onion will bring back the classic server and we may just start off fresh. But this is very hurting news to all members that participated in aitm classic, as myself will try to rebuild most statues that got deleted if onion puts a new server up.

So it's dead forever? Never coming back? (Apologies if this is a stupid question)

Zaynyboy wrote:
So it's dead forever? Never coming back? (Apologies if this is a stupid question)

eeyup server is dead and buried and also if Onion did bring it up everythiing is wiped maps, player database, everything

Even if the server is brought back, i probley won't rejoin, seeing as classic is going soon :/

hmm.., would be funny if the red classic-is-offline dot was changed to a skull. lol.

All glory to the great Onion!
Glory to our amazing Onion!
Praise our Onion!
Long live Onion!
Hail Onion!
Dear Onion will always be with me I can feel his guidance every waking hour.
I'm grateful the Dear Onion's loving care has provided for everyone.
Our beautiful server must continue upon it's path of perfection!
Only knowing that Onion will continue to lead us keeps my heart beating.

Promote me pls

Rrtaya_tsamsiyu wrote:
Even if the server is brought back, i probley won't rejoin, seeing as classic is going soon :/

hmm.., would be funny if the red classic-is-offline dot was changed to a skull. lol.

why quit? we havn't quit yet