Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

URGENT: New facebook option!

Guest Guest

There's a massive anger about this on TOF.. It seems like it`s only a rumor,but when I looked further into this,I was shocked..
It seems that facebook wants for us to PAY to play any facebook game!
(check the picture - 1st line)
 wtf_bm10.jpg
If this is just a rumor,then I`ll just rest and forget about it,but..
If this is for real.. Haven`t Putnam thought of teenagers like me who are under 18? I guess not! I am really angry,and sad! If this is really going to happen,then nobody will like facebook anymore..
TOF is really angry about this right now! I can`t imagine how PS is oging to have less players,along with all playfishes games!

What do you think?

I think it's just another rumor. They have been coming up with more rumors like this over the past few years than you can shake a stick at. Since the applications are run by other companies and not by facebook directly, then why charge people to play? This sort of thing would only cause people to not play the different games at all, and the companies that host them would lose money and then facebook would lose out too. After all, there are other social networking sites like Myspace and Bebo out there, so Facebook has to take these factors into consideration.

I wouldn't worry about it unless something comes down from Facebook directly. People at TOF tend to go into panic rather quickly.

Guest Guest
Well,I did more searching.. and found out that PS isn`t on the list... Here are the games on the list:
Happy Island
Happy Aquarium
Happy Pets
Barn Buddy
Restaurant City
Tiki Farm
(Lil) Farm Life
(Lil) Zoo World
Pirates: Rule the Caribbean!
MouseHunt
(Lil) Green Patch
Robin Hood
PackRat
(fluff)Friends
SocialCalendar
Birthday Calendar
Facebook Gift Shop

hope to be a rumor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!im afraid to think thats real new!!!!!!!!!!if that happened i dont know if i quit pet society cause up to now i have spent more at cash coins and i really like that game but i dont like to think i am idiot and try to make profit of me

Guest Guest
PS isn`t on the list.. but RC is.. it makes people really angry...

I seriously doubt that they can or will charge people to play games...facebook make huge amounts from adverts, and also from the big games...i.e. playfish, they have to pay facebook as it is...and there is no way they can charge for RC and not for PS...I honestly think this is just a rumour hun...dont worry about it.

Guest Guest

I am for the rumor too now! I hope it will stay as only a RUMOR congratulations

so do i!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!its so ridiculous to try to earn money also from us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!other sites like twitter hi5 my space are totally free

When I saw that on my FB I was under the assumption that it was just a place to organize stuff like Playfish Cash and other game credits. Hrmm... I guess we'll see, but I don't think FB would be that dumb to charge for games since they would lose hundreds of thousands of users and money from ads and god knows what else. Curious to see what happens.

hmmmm..... i really hope that is not true.
honestly, if they do, i think people will boycott and move on to the next "friend" type website and i'm sure PS will be there too..

I actually play some games that offer the option of buying cash items through a thing called facebook cash... it's like difference of a credit card and paypal. They are just different ways to pay. personally I still with paypal when I can actually afford to buy cash coins :S

I only use paypal. If that stopped then I would not buy a single thing. My husband and I refuse to give a credit card number online.

myladyyawo wrote:
I actually play some games that offer the option of buying cash items through a thing called facebook cash... it's like difference of a credit card and paypal. They are just different ways to pay. personally I still with paypal when I can actually afford to buy cash coins :S

me too.

Tiddly Winks wrote:
I only use paypal. If that stopped then I would not buy a single thing. My husband and I refuse to give a credit card number online.

and me too again

Smile

at new facebook this (what lazar writes)exists !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THOSE ARE SOME THINGS I READ

-Facebook Credits can be used towards buying virtual gifts or in select games. Facebook Credits may be purchased using a credit card or your mobile phone.
-We accept the following payment options for Facebook Credits

- Major credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

- Co-branded Debit cards: Visa, MasterCard, and American Express

- Mobile Phone: Alltel, AT&T, Boost, Cellular One, Nextel, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, and Virgin Mobile

-This $1.01 is simply a temporary authorization to validate your credit
card. The authorization will be removed from your credit card
automatically, typically within 3-5 business days. Facebook makes these
authorization charges and then immediately invalidates them. If the
$1.01 remains on your statement for an extended period of time, please
contact your bank to ask why the authorization has not been removed
even though it has been voided by Facebook.
- Using Facebook Credits with Applications

- Happy Island

- Happy Aquarium

- Happy Pets

- Barn Buddy

- Restaurant City

- Tiki Farm

- (Lil) Farm Life

- (Lil) Zoo World

- Pirates: Rule the Caribbean!

- MouseHunt

- (Lil) Green Patch

- Robin Hood

- PackRat

- (fluff)Friends

- SocialCalendar

- Birthday Calendar

- Facebook Gift Shop

up to now but im sooooooooooooo scared !!!!!!!!!!also farmville not exists at list!!!!!!!!!!!!but restaurant city exists Sad

it might be just like buying cash coins..you have the option of buying them to get extra items if you wish to

yeaaa i dun think they are charging us for playing the game..
its just that we can use the credit to buy stuff =)

Lucky Strike wrote:
where did you read that?

at my facebook!!!!!!!!!!!!facebooc changed

esperia wrote:
Lucky Strike wrote:
where did you read that?

at my facebook!!!!!!!!!!!!facebooc changed

hmmm... weird... nothing to me yet..

i like the new look... except that i don't have the bookmark tab.. Mad

does anyone know how we can buy cc on ps without using credit card on Greece? what is safer?

!!!!!!!

Fashionista wrote:
does anyone know how we can buy cc on ps without using credit card on Greece? what is safer?

!!!!!!!

with ur mobile phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!! i just sent a message and that's it? i'm scared cause my dad pay it with credit card automaticly! each month !

okay, it goes like this Smile

you have FB credit
you don't pay playing the basics
you only pay some special items (like CC is in PS)
 haqpp10.png

yes, so you don't pay for the basic game, you only pay for those special items with your FB credit Smile

we really freaked out Laughing