Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoonie

The FEBRUARY Chat - part 3

@ Gill - yes I will make a start on the contest tomorrow.
I'll look for more questions also.
Answers by PM as usual ?

Hi and bye then Paige, get some sleep, sorry I missed you.

Wish, yes, by PM is good.

The lenses you wear while you sleep, but not during the day - they're like little molds which alter the shape of your cornea, as you sleep, so during the day you go lens free Smile

Zoonie wrote:
Hi and bye then Paige, get some sleep, sorry I missed you.

Wish, yes, by PM is good.

The lenses you wear while you sleep, but not during the day - they're like little molds which alter the shape of your cornea, as you sleep, so during the day you go lens free Smile

wow they sound interesting

Those sound very interesting Gill !! I have just moved into progressive/bifocals ... Ashamed

I am very seriously thinking of wearing only glasses to work, because I can see so much better .....

I am still experimenting ...

I;m sorry I have no clue about glasses or contacts, but altering the shape of your cornea as you sleep - the geek in me loves the idea of that Laughing

@ Tanya ...I agree...we are ALL awesome 8)

I agree too congratulations

Ps Tanya you have mail

Sorry keep getting side tracked in the trading forum ?

bogie wrote:

wow they sound interesting

TanyaRC wrote:
Those sound very interesting Gill !! I have just moved into progressive/bifocals ... Ashamed

I am very seriously thinking of wearing only glasses to work, because I can see so much better .....

I am still experimenting ...

I haven't had any lenses for a while, I had a problem after working in a badly air conditioned office.

These say they correct your sight after only one or two nights, and unlike laser, are changeable and not un-reversible.

Google for ortho-k or i-go sleep lenses see what you find in your area.

It's telling me the initial cost is something like £250 for all the exams and set up and your first pair of lenses. Then £40 per month, to include solutions and your next pair, renewed at 6 months (when, of course they could adjust your prescription if needed?)

I like the fact you could swim without needing to correct your sight.

My last lenses had two different presciptions, which took care of the need for a bifocal lens (i.e. one eye majored on distance and the other on reading - that worked really well)

Wish, you can watch a video on line, see how it works (not seen it yet)

Bee's had her eyes lasered, but it frightens me too much - plus am not sure how it'd last, or how it'd affect my night vision for drivin (heard of too many people who've had that 'halo' effect)

ALL THE BEST IDEAS ARE SIMPLE! Specially shaped contact lenses gently flatten the cornea so that the light focuses correctly on the back of the retina - in laser eye surgery this area is removed. The lenses act like a miniature jelly mould and because the cornea is elastic it will retain the corrected shape for at least 36 hours. i-GO Overnight Vision Correction lenses are custom designed and are worn every night while you sleep.

* WATCH HOW i-GO WORKS
* SEE HOW QUICKLY YOUR VISION COULD IMPROVE
* LISTEN TO A BBC RADIO INTERVIEW with Optician Shelly Bansal

While you may never have heard of the science of Orthokeratology or Ortho-k before, it has been around since the 1960s and you can read more about it in the News. It has now been perfected so you can now enjoy FREEDOM from daytime contact lenses or glasses - without surgery. Find out if you Are You Are Suitable and find your nearest i-GO Accredited Optician.

Sharon and Boogie ---- You are the best!! xo xo xo xo

KIJO~~~~ Hi honey!! How about that sunshine!! It is lovely outside today!!

Gill .... Those sound great. I agree... no correction while swimming would be awesome!! I will have to look into them ...

I'm gonna check that out Gill.
On laser I have heard nothing but great things - LOTS of my friends had this and all said "why didn;t I do that sooner" - truth is they were all a bit scared.
No reports of halo-ing in night vision from them (I have this actuall and my eyesight is 20-20 - it;'s hereditary, but can be cured with practice - I mean you have to do stuff in the dark etc, to make it reduce)

What a geek I am Laughing

So, am going for my £20 M&S dinner "cooked" (put in the oven) by my lovely husband.
Have a great evening y'all

Hey everyone else too!

I am at work, boss just left, and I have 1 hour left here then I am FREE! at least for a while.... hehehe

Its still chilly here, but the sun is out
Tanya, IT SNOWED YESTERDAY!
and I frickin missed it!!! It rained and rained all day, and i went to bed around 6:00 then it snowed from 7 to 9 or so.... I was so disappointed I missed the phenonom : C

Bye Sharon!! And thanks again!! :

Bye Adam ..... Don't be such a stranger ..... We old ladies miss you .....

Kijo .... the snow didn't make it here, but my yard is very squishhy .....

Wish Fairy wrote:
I'm gonna check that out Gill.
On laser I have heard nothing but great things - LOTS of my friends had this and all said "why didn;t I do that sooner" - truth is they were all a bit scared.
No reports of halo-ing in night vision from them (I have this actuall and my eyesight is 20-20 - it;'s hereditary, but can be cured with practice - I mean you have to do stuff in the dark etc, to make it reduce)

What a geek I am Laughing

So, am going for my £20 M&S dinner "cooked" (put in the oven) by my lovely husband.
Have a great evening y'all

My kind of MIL had laser, am not sure she's all that impressed and I didn't like the sound of the procedure to be honest - unless I'm just a wuss?

Wish you shouldn't have gone without telling what you're having off their list!!!
but enjoy.

inu-kijo wrote:
Hey everyone else too!

I am at work, boss just left, and I have 1 hour left here then I am FREE! at least for a while.... hehehe

Its still chilly here, but the sun is out
Tanya, IT SNOWED YESTERDAY!
and I frickin missed it!!! It rained and rained all day, and i went to bed around 6:00 then it snowed from 7 to 9 or so.... I was so disappointed I missed the phenonom : C

Whoop Whoop Kijo, I did type to you earlier
x

mini_milner wrote:
i want snow here LOL

anyway i best be off

Nice to see you all

Long time Adam, nice to see you too Smile

Laughing sqishy... man I am craving Japanese food so bad (mainly steamed beef dumplings!!! O__O )
and I dunno if I should waste the money to have them, or just eat something at home........

Running back to say
"Gill....yep you're a wuss" Laughing

and tonight we have the prawn cocktail, steak n chip and some kind of strawberry desert. Tomorrow we have scallops, chicken and chocolate congratulations

"Poof"

Gill, OH had the laser surgery. Granted he was older when he had it done ... He I think he had it done in 2000 ..... which would have made him 41 .... He is already back in glasses. The younger that you are when you have it done, the longer it lasts. He is also not a candidate for a re-do .. It has adversely affected his night vision ...

Sorry got side tracked back for a little while and wish you have mail congratulations

Wish food sounds awesome !!

Kijo ..... How much can it cost ..... Go for it!! I think that you have earned a treat ....

Is ps freezing up on any of you or is it just me????

go figure new petling is a CC item.... how lame.....

30 minutes.

Boogie! I love your new siggy! : D

Kijo Thank you again for my new siggy and av

ps where is your wishlist????

and I still owe you both a wedding gift too

decided I think i will get a little bottle of rum instead.
Don't have to go back to work until tomorrow at 3:00
so I have room for a little fun.

Tuesday when I have to go into Savannah, I think I will treat myself by eating at Sakura (one of my fav Japanese places.) Also need to go to Ross and buy a new pair of pants (even my panties are starting to fall off! Wouldnt the Indian boys love that?)

Boogs, I dont have a wl, I dont play anymore.... been giving all my stuff away slowly, so dont waste coins on me!!! (usually end up at Snorks house....)

I failed to mention I get paid on Tuesday at new job.... so thus the plans on spending money. : D

inu-kijo wrote:
Oh really Gill??
Any idea what page? I have to admit I missed it. :whoops:

No idea, but it doesn't matter, just know I said hello when I saw you congratulations
Love the Boogs' new siggie and avvie - top work.

Wish Fairy wrote:
Running back to say
"Gill....yep you're a wuss" Laughing

and tonight we have the prawn cocktail, steak n chip and some kind of strawberry desert. Tomorrow we have scallops, chicken and chocolate congratulations

"Poof"

oooh nice and good value, we had steak and chips last night Smile

TanyaRC wrote:
Gill, OH had the laser surgery. Granted he was older when he had it done ... He I think he had it done in 2000 ..... which would have made him 41 .... He is already back in glasses. The younger that you are when you have it done, the longer it lasts. He is also not a candidate for a re-do .. It has adversely affected his night vision ...

I think that convinces me Tanya. That, and the fact that my mother has had to have repeated eye procedures, so I think I'll keep away from surgery unless needs really must...

bogie wrote:
Is ps freezing up on any of you or is it just me????

inu-kijo wrote:
go figure new petling is a CC item.... how lame.....

that's just plain M-E-A-N!!!

trying to read back but failing Ashamed

Gill I wanted to have laser treatment on my eyes but my eyesight is so bad they cannot do it Sad

and the new petling is a TIGER.
SUPER MEAN.
=__=
the few and privlaged prevail again in PS land.

Yaaaa ..... I was afarid it would take a couple of weeks for you to get paid!! I think that Tuesday plans sound great!! Remember that website that I gave you ,...... They have a store in Savannah ....

inu-kijo wrote:
Boogs, I dont have a wl, I dont play anymore.... been giving all my stuff away slowly, so dont waste coins on me!!! (usually end up at Snorks house....)

I failed to mention I get paid on Tuesday at new job.... so thus the plans on spending money. : D

I really have been away far too long your not playing anymore

New Job :good: Congrats

Do they Tan Tan?
I might not be able to do much this week (still catching up with everything)
but perhaps next pay day, I can have a little Kijo leaisure and much needed Shopping day.

Boogs I quit.... the week before Thanksgiving I think??
Was taking too much of my time when I could be doing other things (not more important or even interesting things.... just other. haha!)

Wow .... Boogie.... never heard of that .... Hubby was pretty bad. His first 4-5 years were great. In the beginning he was like a kid with a new toy. He would make me drive so he could "look" around .... lol ...

I will say it plain, I am afraid ..... My eyes are not so bad that I can't see to function with no correction. I can't drive without correction, but I cna do everyday things around the house. I really hate this bifocal thing .... It is bad when you can see better up close without your glasses than with them ..... ( this is before bi-focal )

Savannah Festival Fact. Stores
11 Gateway Boulevard South
Outlet Center
Savannah, GA 31419

(912) 927-8339

I 95 exit 16 ......

they even do measurments ...... Ashamed

inu-kijo wrote:
Boogs I quit.... the week before Thanksgiving I think??
Was taking too much of my time when I could be doing other things (not more important or even interesting things.... just other. haha!)

I know what you mean thats why ive not been around so much and at one point did not log on to ps for a week. but RL caught up with me and had to come first.

TanyaRC wrote:
Wow .... Boogie.... never heard of that .... Hubby was pretty bad. His first 4-5 years were great. In the beginning he was like a kid with a new toy. He would make me drive so he could "look" around .... lol ...

I will say it plain, I am afraid ..... My eyes are not so bad that I can't see to function with no correction. I can't drive without correction, but I cna do everyday things around the house. I really hate this bifocal thing .... It is bad when you can see better up close without your glasses than with them ..... ( this is before bi-focal )

congratulations it is great to see properly when I wear my glasses if I take them off and put them down I cannot find them without patting my hand around infront of me.

All I can see is a massive blur of colours both of my eyes are -6.50 so I cannot function without glasses or contacts. thats why I would of had the surgery if I could have.

Laughing I know where that is!!
(that was the place I was planning to go for measurements, just couldn't think of the name. )
: D

Think it is supposed to be exit 94 though.... exit 16 would be a WAYS away..... really close to you in fact.

Hey Boogs you are about as Blind as me!

Excpet one eye is severly negative, and the other severly positive... so they are on the opposite ends of the spectrum!
I cann't function at ALL without contacts or glasses.

I didn't need glasses when I was little.... I even remember the day i lost my eyesight... in the 3rd grade.

inu-kijo wrote:
Hey Boogs you are about as Blind as me!

Excpet one eye is severly negative, and the other severly positive... so they are on the opposite ends of the spectrum!
I cann't function at ALL without contacts or glasses.

I didn't need glasses when I was little.... I even remember the day i lost my eyesight... in the 3rd grade.

Wow that is strange, so your both short and near sighted

your eyesight happened overnight? what happened?

I was about 7 when I had my first glasses and It felt strange to see so clearly even the numbers on busses far away Smile but as the years go on they get worse I could not function without glasses by the age of 17

Must be the old exit #'s and never got updated .... Remember that I told you Darien was exit 10? I didn't even think about that .....

Boogs ..... that is very blind .... I am so glad that we live in a time where our vision can be corrected.

To completely change the subject for a sec .... has everyone noticed tha lovely Valentines games in the main forum??

TanyaRC wrote:
Must be the old exit #'s and never got updated .... Remember that I told you Darien was exit 10? I didn't even think about that .....

Boogs ..... that is very blind .... I am so glad that we live in a time where our vision can be corrected.

To completely change the subject for a sec .... has everyone noticed tha lovely Valentines games in the main forum??

Im glad we do to, just the thought of people in the passed with bad eyes, im sure very few of them survived.

NoI have not so i will go take a peek Smile thanks for the heads up

eek just seen the time must go put the kids to bed.

did not find the games though Sad

& to you all

They have some great contests!! Some are just plain luck, and some have some thinking involved.....

I always try to donate my old glasses to the people who recycle them.....

bogie wrote:
trying to read back but failing Ashamed

Gill I wanted to have laser treatment on my eyes but my eyesight is so bad they cannot do it Sad

What's the prescription Boogs? mine is -2.75

inu-kijo wrote:
and the new petling is a TIGER.
SUPER MEAN.
=__=
the few and privlaged prevail again in PS land.

We'll ignore all that!
Cash shop, baah!

It's funny on the eye front, OH had 20/20 vision until quite recently, and now we're polar opposites, but at least he understands what it's like not to just see and do what you like regardless/

Just going to eat now, be back later

boogie .... it is called something like valentines and chopsticks .... it is a whole board dedicated to the games ....