Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lea75

Serious PC security warning

I have a virus on my pc and luckily I was able to remove it but I want to warn you all about it, incase you see it on yours

I had a warning pop up from the bottom left hand corner of my pc telling me I needed to run Vista anti spyware programmes as it had forund multiple infections (it was naming worms, torjans, everything you could imagine!)

Luckily I didnt click on it, as I know what security I have on my pc and vista anti-spyware is not one of them!

Problem was it switched all my security off, including my firewall and anti-virus and so I had to restore boot settings and start in safe mode so I could remove the programme where I think it was hiding

My pc is running ok again now, and anti-virus and anti-spyware programmes are coming up clear, so fingers crossed I've removed it all :threaten:

This is what I have found out about it online

Vista Antispyware 2010 also known as Vista Antivirus 2010, Vista Guardian, Vista Antivirus Pro and Vista Internet Security 2010 is a rogue antispyware program that reports false infections and shows numerous fake security alerts as an attempt to trick you into buying the software. This program is installed through the use of trojans. When the trojan is started, it will download and install Vista Antispyware 2010 (Vista Antivirus 2010 or Vista Guardian) onto your computer.

During installation, Vista Antispyware 2010 (Vista Antivirus 2010 or Vista Guardian) will register itself in the Windows registry to run automatically every time when you start an application (files with “exe” extension). The rogue also uses this method of running to block the ability to run any programs, including security applications.

So all in all, its been a bad night...so please, please be careful if you see this come up on your pc xx

oooh, thanks for sharing! That is scary...thank you so much for the heads up!