Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

I'm ashamed of myself!

Guest Guest

Today I had "English Competition" and we had 6 questions and tasks.
2nd question was really struggling. It was about Michael Jacksons life,and we needed to put some words in the empty brackets in particular tense forms.
So literally,Michael Jackson killed me,and I've got the lame 4th place! I did not pass at the state championship.

I am so ashamed of myself for NOT knowing english grammar good enough. At one part,Michael jackson is the one to blame,and at the 2nd, ME...

aww, it's not really something to be ashamed of! these things happen.. you'll get another chance Smile

wait, are you going to ''the institute of foreign languages''?
we're having a competition next week, to get a free scolarship next year....

Guest Guest
No I'm not going there... But the scholarship is great! Good luck!

right now, you should be ashamed.
ashamed for not letting me refer the fox... :bully2:

Guest Guest
Laughing you weren't there Laughing

Guest Guest
Bump for more people to see.

don't worry Laz, everyone made grammar mistakes when they were young, i'm sure you have plently of time to improve your english skills!

Guest Guest

Me no have time, only learn at psfc congratulations xD

Laughing you can always practice while having fun, like listening to music or watching movies with english subtitles and reading english books! believe there are really helpful techniques! that's how i got familiar with english!

tweet40 wrote:
right now, you should be ashamed.
ashamed for not letting me refer the fox... :bully2:

It was my first chance to referee and I was pretty happy afterwards. My husband was looking at me 'What are you grinning about?' and I said, 'I did my first trade refereeing today'.

Lazar dont beet yourself up over this..At the end of the day you are not from england so it dont matter if you dont know every english word in the dictionary.

I dont know any siberian or whatever maiden language you speak but im not beating myself up over it =).

I not really good at english...i mean like spelling and the particualt tenses and im english and have lived in england all my life....so im the one who should be beating myself up over it =).

Life isnt about winning and coming 1st.... The thing is...you tried and you tried your hardest...

Just have some fun =).

Do not be ashamed of yourself!

Just strive to do your best next time Smile I am very hard on my children about education.I tell them to do their very best always,if you're attempting what you know,that is not failure.Nerves ,etc may complicate you train of thought.That is not failure or any reason to be ashamed.

Just be sure to work hard.Your friends here are proud of you.

Guest Guest

Thank you both you! You made me feel better!

xPink.Pixel.Princessx wrote:
I dont know any siberian or whatever maiden language you speak but im not beating myself up over it =).

Laughing

tweet40 wrote:
xPink.Pixel.Princessx wrote:

Laughing

Well i havent a clue what language people from siberia speak =P. So...i thought....england speak english...Italy speak italian.....Germany speak german....Maby siberia speak siberian lol....i guess i was wrong =P..

Guest Guest

SERBIA... congratulations
serbian language

I am impressed with anyone who learns to write and/or speak a second language. Because we speak English growing up in the USA—I think the importance of a second language is not impressed on us enough. Most public schools do not offer foreign language classes until grade 8 or 9. (Age 14 or 15.) And then, it is only a one hour class, and you might take it for 2 years is all. I wish I would've had the opportunity to take a 2nd language from when I first started school.

Just keep trying Lazar. I'm proud of all you young students in this forum who communicate in a language that is not your first language. You're doing a great job. Keep on learning!

Guest Guest
Thank you Kathy for the great words! I will keep on trying.