Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Toulouse

♦ !! MARCH chat - part 1 !! ♦

Its ok, I just got done typing everything up on a different page so I could post it for you guys, its a bit long.

Sorry i didnt come on here yesterday and at least leave an update... I had a very long day.

this will prolly be a little long.

So I tried all day monday to get an appointment, and they told me they were booked, so I would just have to come in and be a walk-in (which takes ALL day)
So Tuesday i get up at like 5:30AM get dressed and head down to the clinic. I get there SUPER early (this place isnt even open yet, and there are still 10 people in front of me!) but i was like, this isnt tooooo bad.
get in, get signed in and wait....... not too long afterwards i get called to the back waiting room (the room right before you see the Dr) they weigh and take everyone's blood pressure, and then tell us the DRs are going to be in a meeting from 8-sometime after 10....... great.
when i got there (the clinic) I was a little disappointed in my body because I was swollen half the size i normally was, which is good on any other given day, but today, i wanted them to see what i go through! While sitting in the waiting room, i could feel my legs slowly swell up like someone blowing up a balloon very slowly.
after the loooong wait, i finally got called back. I got a different DR. today because I was a walk in (which I am sort of grateful for.)She was a black lady with a very different accent that I never quite figured out. at first she thought this was just a flare up, and I had to explain that I haven't had this very long, and was never really given anything to make me feel better!!!
She picked up my foot in her had and pulled my leg up and touch the top of my foot (which is all almost the way it has been the last week) and she just goes Ooooooh and you could just hear the sadness in her voice.
She told me there wasnt really too much she could do to treat me, and I am just devastated. But she told me she would give me some shots to make me feel better. one was a pain shot, and the other was a steroid shot to make the swelling go down, and she told me this would only be a temporary fix. (kind of like the last shot the other DR gave me, which I found out was a shot of B-12) Then gave me 2 prescriptions, which I wont have the chance to pick up until after work, so I dont know what they are, or what they do.
She gave me a referral to the rhumatology clinic..... which is good and bad.... cause i called earlier to them on Monday and they told me 1 appointment would be at least 150 dollars..... thats a LOT of money that i don't have... so not sure what I can do about this.
She looked at my hands and told me I really have to go see them because I am already showing sign of deformities, and I am just too young for this. She told me I have a really aggressive case of RA, so I have to be careful with anything I do.

Disappointing at most I can say. So I got my shots and dropped off my prescriptions and left.
Went home and took a nap (was falling asleep at the clinic all day) and when I woke up at least 80% of my swelling is gone, so I AM feeling a lot better. there are still really hard sore areas in my feet, and calves, and then my knees and fingers are still tender, but I seem pretty "normal" not sure for how long.....
So I just have to try and figure out this rhematology thing, the Dr told me if they could put me on some sort of a plan they could treat me at the clinic for that, and maybe i could just see them twice a year or so to make sure my bones and all of that stuff is still good......

So I think that is everything.

inu-kijo wrote:
Its ok, I just got done typing everything up on a different page so I could post it for you guys, its a bit long.

Sorry i didnt come on here yesterday and at least leave an update... I had a very long day.

What are you sorry for? We knew you would pop in when you got the chance

I know, but you guys were all worried about me, so i should have thought about things like that. : C

What a day you poor thing, It breaks me heart Sad

Im glad the short term fix is helping lets hope it lasts a while. When will you get a chance to pic up the perscriptions?

As she has referred you to the rhematology clinic do you have to wait for them to contact you with an appointment?

inu-kijo wrote:
I know, but you guys were all worried about me, so i should have thought about things like that. : C

we are always gonna worry about you thats what friends do congratulations

last time the shots worked for about a week and a half to 2 weeks, so i wouldnt expect any more than that. but it took about 3-4 weeks to get to where I was last week, so I have a little time, and still have another appointment on the 15th again.
after 3:00 today i am going to pick up the other meds, she asked me to add this to what I am already taking.... no idea how how the pill count per day is going to be... right now its at 18-20 pills a day!!! ; D

the rhematology place is supposed to contact me within 10 days with an appointment.

Thats a lot of pills Sad let hope they work for you this time.

So this payment plan at the clinic is that to help you spread the cost of the appointment out over a whole year?

Have you managed to look into insurance?

Sorry Im bombarding you with questions again Ashamed feel free to tell me to back off and shut up

no.... they are saying to get at least 1 appointment at the rhumatology clinic.... and get on a medication treatment plan, and the clinic can treat me on whatever plan they put me on.

So I still have to pay for the RA clinic place, but then can get treated at the clinic i go to based on what they say, does that make sense?? I still have to pay everything upfront... especially at the RA place.... : S

I have not looked into insurance.... but i am going to try to find some that is affordable before seeing the RA people. I just now have to fins someone that accepts people with preexisting conditions, which is the tricky part.
But i do need it, since this is not going away.

No No No, you are fine. ; D

That has worried me about the insurance post diagnosis Sad I really hope you find a company that can do it for you that is not too expensive.

I know, me too sweets. either way its going to be very expensive for me.... seems like the only thing my second job is going to be used for is medical bills. yay.

this world is so cruel Sad

I so wish you had an NHS service like we do over here everyone moans about it and its long waiting list but on the whole you get what treatment you need and for free.

yeah..... I know... treatment is is unfair. people who dont need it get it for free, and then people like me suffer.

it really isnt fair, but that is the way life is. we all jsut have to deal with it the best we can.

Is there any sort of benefit scheme that your government offers? that might help you out with the costs?

not really.

Only if like you are pregnant or something... goverment help is really warped around here.....

i will have to look into all my options though. hopefully i can fins something that is suitable.

Kijo.... you are really good at tormenting me in my first game of the scavanger hunt Laughing

Hello congratulations

Laughing silly Paige, you should have played last week!!! you are doing really well!!!!!

Warped oh yes, how can they allow people to suffer, and or people in pain to work 2 jobs just to pay for their treatments Sad

inu-kijo wrote:
Laughing silly Paige, you should have played last week!!! you are doing really well!!!!!

missing three cant really figure them out !! Laughing
sorry to hear that your suffering Sad many hugs to you!

@ Hello Nicky Smile

Hi Paige

Oh the hunt I started that then forgot :woops)

oh you started the hunt too???

Which items are you stuck on Paige??

The hunt will have to wait for a bit, Ive just seen the time EEK.

Gotta run for a bit will be back later to post my pics for the hunt.

to you both and try not to worry Kijo

bogie wrote:
Hi Paige

Oh the hunt I started that then forgot :woops)

How are you?? congratulations

hehe i cant look at the pictures anymore , they make my brain go fuzzy! Laughing

inu-kijo wrote:
oh you started the hunt too???

Which items are you stuck on Paige??

stuck on 2,9 & 17 ! Laughing i think i know what 2 is , i mean i think i do , i know its a black coat or dress or something like that but theres a few that look similar :S
9 ... wouldnt have a clue what it is , never seen it before , thought it was a tiki door with a flower on it at first but looked it up and it doesn't look like it Sad
ooh and 17 .. dk just looks like a browny/whitish blur to me

bogie wrote:
The hunt will have to wait for a bit, Ive just seen the time EEK.

Gotta run for a bit will be back later to post my pics for the hunt.

to you both and try not to worry Kijo

bye nicky Smile

BG!!! yay!!! sorry to make you worry about me Ashamed

Paige, you are on the right track with 2 and the other two items are newer items..... the past few weeks. so maybe that will help... can't give out too much of a hint, because will surely give everything away.

Honey, don't be sorry about that! I should have thought about it that it would take long in the clinic, but that didn't come to mind

I ran home lol, I hurried to catch the bus, but missed it by a minute, otherwise I'd been here earlier. And because of all the running I have cramps in both of my legs Laughing

Has anyone seen Frannie yet today?
Or Gill? (she was having a bad migraine)

havent seen Frannie yet, and Gill said she probably wouldnt be on today.

I could have updated when I got home around 1:30 PM here, but I was so tired and worn out, i jsut passed out. sorry hun.

almost was in tears after reading back over the day.

I was worrying about Gill too, with the migraine attack.
Asking if Frannie was around because her secret package got delivered today congratulations

Don't apologize, really, don't feel bad either!
We didn't mean to make you sad also, I think we are just worried and we care a lot for you, so we were hoping you would get the help you need

not sad tears, just overwhelming tears. hahaha

you shouldnt have gotten cramps for me!!!!!

what was in the package I was also "curious"

Toulouse wrote:
Hi there Paige, how are you?

good thanks Smile , have had a very bad headache today though , it wont go away! Sad

Toulouse wrote:
I was worrying about Gill too, with the migraine attack.
Asking if Frannie was around because her secret package got delivered today congratulations

Don't apologize, really, don't feel bad either!
We didn't mean to make you sad also, I think we are just worried and we care a lot for you, so we were hoping you would get the help you need

edit : sorry didnt read properly!

oh no poor gill Sad

inu-kijo wrote:
BG!!! yay!!! sorry to make you worry about me Ashamed

Paige, you are on the right track with 2 and the other two items are newer items..... the past few weeks. so maybe that will help... can't give out too much of a hint, because will surely give everything away.

thanks Kijo Smile

ill try and figure them out later Smile

inu-kijo wrote:

I don't care about the cramps, I am glad I made it home so quick I could still see and talk to you. I am very sorry for the stalker email too (no I am not! : D )

Tee hee, she bought me Skittles
and made my day actually, because I was very grumpy...
long story short: I was ALL alone in class - the people I hang out with didn't make it; not in the mood, someone overslept and another one is prolly still sick... I get that you know, but now I feel taken advantage of because they prolly all want my notes. I say hell no!

Paige<3 wrote:
good thanks Smile , have had a very bad headache today though , it wont go away! Sad

Oh I hope it goes away honey I hate headaches!

Toulouse wrote:
inu-kijo wrote:

I don't care about the cramps, I am glad I made it home so quick I could still see and talk to you. I am very sorry for the stalker email too (no I am not! : D )

Tee hee, she bought me Skittles
and made my day actually, because I was very grumpy...
long story short: I was ALL alone in class - the people I hang out with didn't make it; not in the mood, someone overslept and another one is prolly still sick... I get that you know, but now I feel taken advantage of because they prolly all want my notes. I say hell no!

Paige<3 wrote:

Oh I hope it goes away honey I hate headaches!

maybe it will go away with some sleep or maybe even some food , i couldnt eat most of the day today when i kept seeing food i started to feel sick Sad

You don't have anything with you (like a painkiller)?
If you eat, be sure to eat something light - you don't want to upset your stomach again

Toulouse wrote:
You don't have anything with you (like a painkiller)?
If you eat, be sure to eat something light - you don't want to upset your stomach again

i took some panadol but has had no effect..

yes i will , thankyou xx Smile

Paige I hope you feel better soon, do you still have a long day ahead?

Toulouse wrote:
Paige I hope you feel better soon, do you still have a long day ahead?

thanks sophie
its 7:25 pm here luckily Smile

Oh so you can go to bed soon, that's good!
Here it's just half past noon, I am waiting for lunch as I am starving congratulations

Okies back for just a few. then makeup and shoes, and have to head out!!

Laughing thats funny, cause i was going to send you a package of american candies and things we always discuss, and never have gotten around to it. (wish i could send hot pockets, but dont think they would save in the mail very well.....)

Toulouse wrote:
Oh so you can go to bed soon, that's good!
Here it's just half past noon, I am waiting for lunch as I am starving congratulations

yep !!! congratulations

well hope you have a good lunch lol Smile

Do you have a long day ahead Kijo? And a rough one?

Awww
lol, I don't think hot pockets would last long
Frannies package has been damaged a little, it seems like they opened it up to check if it weren't drugs Laughing