Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mangoberri

Confused.......

*I'm not going to include any religions, just for the sake of everyone's different religion, so I will use this program instead of the celebration.

Okay, so at my school, we have to go to this program every week, specifically every Friday. However, my mom wants me to go again on Sunday, and it's mostly the same thing, but different talkers. I don't really want to go again, but my mom gets like emotional if I don't go...I don't like going, cause it's boring most of the time.

What should I do?

I don't see the point on going twice a week when it's the same thing, you know?

Have you talked with your mom about why you don't want to go yet? Does she want you to come to the Sunday program to be a part of the family and show that you love her? If so, what about asking her to write you a note of written permission to get out of the mid-week program. Maybe you can arrange to go to the library at that time to study instead.

The "program" is mandatory Sad Read my top note..it's not really a program, I just didn't want to offend anyone.

Mmm...are there options on Sunday? Like different types of "programs"? Maybe there is a contemporary one. Perhaps you can go every other Sunday to the contemporary program. I think if you find a style you enjoy, you will find that the content really is meaningful.

A bit hard to say without knowing just what it is, that might give an idea as to why your Mum is so keen for you to attend.

It's a good point, does the whole family attend the Sunday celebration? is it that your Mum wants to keep you close as part of the group, or is it that she just wants you to attend?

As another point, I appreciate that you're sensitive to the fact that others might not share your religion or beliefs, but I don't think you should hide it, be proud, it's up to other people what they think, and I would hope that everyone here is tolerant and also sensitive to each other's beliefs and backgrounds, whatever they are. After all we're a multi national, multi racial, multi age and multi faith forum