Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoonie

April Chitter Chatter - Part 2

Part 2, we've slowed down lol. Chat and Gift that's what we're here for...

chatan10.jpg

Later BG.

I'm having a little weep to myself, just listened to Luther Vandross - Dance with my Father again, and it's set me off.

Zoonie is surprised, since it's usually the other way around. Smile

I'm going to play the difference game...

time for me to go... wish me good luck on everything today guys (car and Doctors)

I find as I get older sometimes, songs will just spontaneously make me weep.
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own does that to me every single time, it's not an affectation, it just happens.
I love How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, but it's only just getting that I can listen to that track without crying.

It's just gone 4 years since I lost my Dad Sad

I find anything involving sick or badly treated children gets to me more than ever before too, and ill treatment to animals ...
I'm quite a softy really.

inu-kijo wrote:
time for me to go... wish me good luck on everything today guys (car and Doctors)

May the force be with you Junior Laughing
Good Luck!

OK, well I have to go - stuff I can't put off any longer.
See you guys later
x

My comment was about the first picture, if it wasn't clear...

Zoonie wrote:

It's just gone 4 years since I lost my Dad Sad

Sorry to hear.

I cry very easily too, even cartoons that are not meant to make anyone cry, but trigger childhood nostalgia.

I think it's normal to feel upset when children are hurt...

Animals, it depends. I'm sad when somone loses a dear pet or if I hear of intentional cruelty, but I don't consider medical research cruelty.

I'm off. I'm too slow to chat. Be back later. Smile

Thought I had some time to chat, but my shopping is due any time now, so I may well disappear LOL.

OK, no one lurking, I will be at my kitchen sink, you'll have to yell real loud if you want me

Took a while to wend its way to Sussex, but we are the East congratulations

Oooh the PSFC banner in our posts has changed - I like it.

Oh so it has - I like it too!

How's your day been ?
It's turned a bit chilly here. I managed to do a little gardening earlier but no it's realy clouded over :-(

Hiya Wish,
Same here, I did a bit in the garden too.

I'm in trouble for inviting friends to stay at the weekend, when the house is such a state. They don't mind, they've been forewarned.

Friends for the weekend - sounds nice.
Most people don't really care about the state of your house when they come to stay do they ?! They come to drink wine, have a chat and get fed (I bet !) congratulations

The garden is depressing...SO much to do and it's all "de-constructing" rather than actual gardening LOL. However, I did manage to get my carrots, onions, peppers, chillis and herbs planted out yesterday

Laughing

Now then, I am opening the bar (and I know it's a little early) BUT......I git some new business today - quite a large one too

Our garden beds need totally digging out and replanting (we have contained raised beds built into a slope around the decking, so you'd think it would be easier - it evolved like that mainly because of the rabbits.

I asked friends which way the bed faced last time they stayed - to the window, or to the landing - and they can't agree...so I told R he really shouldn't worry.

Thanks Gill. It came completely out of the blue actually and sounds quite difficult but exciting.

Also of course, it has come at the completely wrong time as I have 3 projects just in kick off phase from next week and a redundancy consultation just about to start !!!!!!!!!! The guy wants me to start this new thing in the next 2 weeks Laughing Not sure I will be around much after this week and of course, OH His set to be away for the next 2 weeks !!

MAD - have had a mad flurry of ironing this afternoon just in case I don't get the chance to send any out !

Oh and Wish, not sure if you cottoned on, but I keep having major sleep problems lately?

I was so bad last night I put the lamp on and read for ages.

The other thing I keep doing is dreaming the weirdest dreams - last night's was that IMOM was doing all the cooking, for weeks and weeks and all he fed us was Aunt Bessie's Yorkshire Puddings

I asked him why he never remembers his dreams, and said he ought to make more effort, only to be told

'I xxx would if I could get any piggin; sleep!' Whoops.

Zoonie wrote:
Cross posted - you need a clone girl!

Now THAT sounds like a plan

Mate - what I need is a "wife" !!

Sorry, I'm spoken for

Am curently having a somewhat heated discussion with OH about a Christmas tree in a pot outside, which has fallen over, exposing the end of the trunk.

Can't believe it's still alive and looks just as healthy as the one with roots on - and it was cut a good two weeks before Christmas!!!

LOL - I have just had exactly the same conversation - what are the chances !!

We have 2 miniature ones outside the front of the house. OH simplyleaves tem there in pots and doesn't water them and expects them to be in exactly the same state each Xmas. I was asking him to water them...but in fact they too, look as healthy has anything !

The strange thing about this one Wish, is that it's a cut tree that was in compost, as opposed to one that was dug up and still has roots on.

I'm amazed.

I've not watered either of them since we got them!

Zoonie wrote:
The strange thing about this one Wish, is that it's a cut tree that was in compost, as opposed to one that was dug up and still has roots on.

I'm amazed.
I've not watered either of them since we got them!

Yeah I kind of though you meant a cut one....how weird is that ! Maybe its the frost and damp weather ...??

I am so excited about all my seedlings (i get like this every year) but this year I have got muti-coloured carrots (yellow, white and regular orange). OH is freaked out by yellow and white carrots! Laughing

Do you get good compost ....? The previous incumbants at our house had 5 LARGE compost bins and filled them all with cuttings from the garden shrubs (ggggrrrrr) and no maggots etc, so they all of it is just a load of twigs which i had to empty out and take to the tip !!!!! My Polish is coming on and those guys were so sweet and helped me empty all the bins (since they knew me so well)

Isn't it about time BG arrived ?

oooh and thank you for the Bento box by the way. I really do love those!

Do we need registry items this week ?

We just bought the compost.
We do have a bin, but I wont go near it as I saw a mouse in our composter once - silly thing is, it wasn't even at this house, or the one before, or the one before that, the one before that, or the previous one so goodness knows how long ago.

We seem to be able to fill ours for ever and a day and we've not emptied it at all yet.

Speaking of mice, OH found a dead one in our porch yesterday Sad AND he insisted I went to see it, yuck!

Oh yes.BG was home today but her b/f was still there.

Am not sure about multi coloured carrots, although I love heritage tomatoes - mmmmm.

Oh mice yuck. We caught 7 of them in a cupboard in our utility room when we movd in !!
Hate em ...we have em in the garage too. I think it's one of those things you have to get used too if you live near farmland or out in the country ! Gross - I hate going in the garage since the dead squirrel episode......(don't ask)

ooops we are cross posting a lot 2 nite

I love carrots, but I am a relative newcomer to tomatoes. I have "trained" myself to like them - they made me sick until I as in my late 20's, then I could only eat tinned / cooked tomatoes. Next came rare baby toms as long as they were with something else. Now I can pretty much tolerate them all the time.

LOL...see what I mean.

OK - am gonna get dinner sorted. We are having a home "constucted" lamb curry with bombay potatoes, rice and poppadoms ( I have been "Uber-wife" this afternoon). AM starving !

Hope it's not your mum on the phone :-(

Evening!!

Have spent more then 3 hours in the car to get back home... Deadly accident happened on the highway. I'm poofed!

Toulouse wrote:
Evening!!

Have spent more then 3 hours in the car to get back home... Deadly accident happened on the highway. I'm poofed!

Hi BG....sorry to hear about your horrid journey ! Glad you're safe

Gotta run - dinner almost done !

I'm glad I wasn't alone and Mom was with me, I think I might have gone crazy... We had to turn the engine off as well and we didn't move for 2 hours (stayed on the same spot). But now I'm home and glad I am.

Installed myself in bed with the laptop with me, watching cartoons to turn my mind off a bit

Wish Fairy wrote:
ooops we are cross posting a lot 2 nite

I love carrots, but I am a relative newcomer to tomatoes. I have "trained" myself to like them - they made me sick until I as in my late 20's, then I could only eat tinned / cooked tomatoes. Next came rare baby toms as long as they were with something else. Now I can pretty much tolerate them all the time.

OK was just schmoozing a decorator - fingers crossed.

I adore carrots, absolutely adore them.
And tomatoes. Always have.
I had a medical condition when I was a baby/toddler, needed an operation as I couldn't take solid food at all. The first thing I ate was a tomato which I picked up from a display when I got out of hospital

Guest Guest

Hi guys! Tomatoes? YUM! I love them! They go perfect with meant LMAO Laughing

Back on third phone call...none of which are mother (thank goodness)

Be back soon as I can...

I'm not too keen on 'big' tomatoes, but I sure love the tiny ones (cherry tomatoes, not sure if that's correct)

Hi Lazar!

Guest Guest

Hi Sophie! How are you?

Guest Guest

Tired too! Been keeping my eyes on the computer for 6 hours! Needed to send gifts to every contestant at my Fashion police comp! Destroy PC