Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mangoberri

Good tips on Studying?

Any good tips?

I've tried flashcards, colourful notes, reading the textbook...

IMO, flashcards don't work for me..I got a 78% on that test..

I used to use colourful notes but recently, I got bored of them and switched to reading the textbook. I realized the textbook is actually interesting! Laughing

Any other tips on studying?

I just heard of a study where one group stayed up all night studying, getting just an hour or two of sleep and another group who got 8 hours of sleep. The group that got 8 hours of sleep did better!

Also, another study found that if you study with Bach's fugues going on softly in the background, you absorb more information.

So, get lots of sleep and listen to Bach! You can call it, "Bach to basics!"

BACH?!?!?! I find it really boring and I'm afraid of falling asleep.

I do try to get at least 7 hours of sleep when I have tests, and sleep in the car on the way to school ><

I can't stay up and get only 2 hours of sleep, I'll be so mentally tired, I won't even be able to concentrate on the test..I'll be thinking of one letter on the scantron...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I try to read my courses and text books during the year and try to highlight important things and then when I really have to study, I try to summarize the important things and reread everything as much as I can (of the summary, because the amount I have to do for one class might sometimes be too much to reread), repetition seems the best way (for me) to absorb a lot and to understand everything

For foreign languages, post it notes with the item in the language you are learning helps a bit. But, only if you read the post it notes.

I think during my studies I only pulled one all night study session and as Kokonee said, it didn't help. I got to class the following day and felt rather like a zombie.

try to tell the material to someone else and if there are exercises invloved try to expelain excersices to others to see what you know!

Guest Guest
well depending on how well you can catch information on the first go (the lectures in class) the ess studying you have to do.

i usually try to comprehend and take good enough notes while in class so i can study less, and when studying it does make it easier if you already understand most. technically work the most in class so you don't have to cram as hard when at home. Laughing

although it does depend on the subject. stuff like math or subjects that are pretty straight foreward (you either get it or dont) you can do that. but foreign language is prob something you wanna really get to make life way easier later on if you plan to study it more.