Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kasijab

Happy ST George's Day

Happy St George's Day

St George is the patron saint of England ...and today is his day. though to be honest it is not celebrated anywhere near as much as say St Patrick's day in Ireland is. IMO this is wrong ...so for today I am English and proud of it .... congratulations (Sorry Lisa !!)

Happy St Georges day to all you English

ewwwwwwwwwwww makes me physically sick to say that lol

I'll join you too Kasi.

I think we should celebrate St. George's Day and be proud - that doesn't make me any less proud of my Scots and Welsh heritage, but remember our own special traditions as well.

Happy St. George's Day x

lea75 wrote:

Would somebody please tell my daughter that she was born in Cleethorpes, NE Lincs ENGLAND
I know, I was there !!

kasijab wrote:
lea75 wrote:

Would somebody please tell my daughter that she was born in Cleethorpes, NE Lincs ENGLAND
I know, I was there !!

can't knock you on that one Kasi!

So, ok then, just what is it that makes Lea Welsh then? I'm intrigued

(speaking as someone with a Welsh grandfather, who had a very Welsh surname, and having lived in Monmouthshire myself)

P.S. please tell me it's not just to do with Rugby! Laughing

I was bought up in Wales..its the only childhood I can remember...plus my son was born there...(that obvious with his name, Ieuan lol)

I am welsh through and through

Oh and especially when the rugby is on lol

lea75 wrote:
I was bought up in Wales..its the only childhood I can remember...plus my son was born there...(that obvious with his name, Ieuan lol)

I am welsh through and through

Oh and especially when the rugby is on lol

Ahah!

I wish I'd thought on to bring my children up in Brazil

Do you speak Welsh Lea? (am presuming your schools had compulsory Welsh language lessons?)

My children never went to a school that taught the language, or in the language, but they can put on a cracking accent when they want to congratulations
They follow rugby and ice hockey, but support England.

I can speak a little welsh, but cant write it very well ...it was compulsary at school and my sons Dad was fluent in welsh so he used to speak a little around the house.

That is one of the things I regret most about moving..my son has not learnt how to speak his native language Sad

We occasionally used to see Pobol y Cwm, because the only Ch4 we could get was S4C.
The supermarket had dual language signs over the aisles, but that was about it, apart from someone in Monmouthshire rebelling and declaring independence (totally refusing to acknowledge Gwent)

My OH worked for a guy who's Welsh, he's an identical twin, and once he and his brother were chatting together, it shut everyone else out. He lives in Uruguay now mind.

We also lived very close to Chester for a long time, and often ventured into north Wales.

All of that said THIS IS ST GEORGE'S DAY

Happy ST. George day to all of you....
i can understand how proud you Englis all feel (apart form Lisa )

im get that feeling too every september 15th. thats the day Mexico was independent..... and i am so exicted that 5 de mayo is coming soon, hope PS makes new holiday items for this year

My youngest daughter is not even 3 yet...but she know what cinco de mayo is thanks to watching Handly Manny cartoons lol

It's also Shakespeare's birthday today too - and, the anniversary of his death
1564-1616

*well, the date of his birth is only estimated, but, it is celebrated as today.

lea75 wrote:
My youngest daughter is not even 3 yet...but she know what cinco de mayo is thanks to watching Handly Manny cartoons lol

i now strogly think that 5 de mayo is more popular around the world, than september 15, even though for us mexicans the most important date is september 15

and now im curios about st. George's day... do you celebrate it with some sort of traditions or something?