Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
glow88

Is there something wrong with me or what?

I would like to share a problem that I have. It has been like that since I was young.

I am always having problems making friends. I do not actually know why. Like what is wrong with me that I do not have close friends. I always feel I am left out and being lonely.

Since young, I do have friends. But the friends are like just really normal friends. It is like you know them, but you do not hang out with them all the time. It is not like really close ones. Just normal friends.
When I was in high school, maybe I was not a very outgoing person, I do not really have like really close close friends who are there to share problems with me. Care for me or even more. Till I am in college, I have friends but seriously, not even any close friends. Till now, I came to Vancouver for like maybe 2 years already, I do not have any close friends at all.

I am friendly, I talk, but sometimes, getting together with a bunch of friends, especially recently in University, I felt being an odd person in the group. I join clubs, try to make more friends. Being active, doing volunteer jobs, but I just can't find a true friend. I do not hope a lot, just hoping for someone to hang out with, being asked out in a group for movies, dinner, hang around together, eating lunch together in school, spending time together. Just felt lonely eating alone. When there is a club gathering, I know all the people there, but knowing them does not mean we talk. I will always stand there listen to them talking, trying to "join" in, but would never fit it..Will always be the "odd" person alone. being left out >.
This problem have been stuck with me for like ages! Friends are really important, but not even a close one is so sad! =( what is wrong with me

thanks!

i think more people feel this way than you realise, me for example i kinda have this same problem especially at school but then i had one good friend then the others were just classmates and nothing else now that im preparing for some exams i met some new classmates and we hang out together and i think that eventually i will be a more sociable person, i believe sooner or later you will find true friends, i hope i ll find some too Smile think positive

[sorry for the double post ] the question you have as a topic title i kept asking myself when i was a few years younger

nothing is wrong with you sweety!!!!!!! don't say that!!!!!!! i didn't have lots of close friends in school either, but in college i have lots of close friedns, you have to go out with them for shopping movies coffee spend some time together outside college, talk on the phone msn about coursces crashes!!!!!! Ashamed share things together!!!!! congratulations take cources together share secrets take common cources take group projects together and have fun!!!!!! congratulations try to invite them over your place to see a movie or tell a girl you wanna be freinds and you feel you can trust about that boy you like!!!! :DDDD good luck sweety!!!!!!

BTW NEVER say "do you wanna be friends?" (sorry fash! )

Honey... All you need to do is be yourself Smile Not in the melodramatic way... Speak your mind, get into an argument or even a fight! Ask an opinion! Initiate things! Just say something off topic at an off topic time and turn into a conversation! Ask them their opinion on anything you want! From if a film you want to see is good up to generalizations on film genders!

I just started college Smile It was a completely new start as i new no-one! Most of the people made their "friends" on the first day! I started slowly! Went close to a classmate group and just listened... Then i said something.. Slowly the hello became more frequent and i could simply sit next to them! I saw them playing backgammon... I love that game. I simply said: I wanna play next! And i did! And i talked! And once somebody said to another: roll me a cigarette! The other replied: I'm bored! So i said... I will roll you one BUT i want to play next! (different day) and o it happened! I simply went with them for coffee (even asked if i can go) one day. When they were tired and they were just sitting outside i went close... I was just there... even if i didn't said a word... A few days later... We were talking about anything!

Point being... Just don't fret about it... Be open to anything! To some you will get closer eventually! Smile But you need to be relaxed... Smile

That was it

hahahaha!
thanks lot for the advices =)
i guesssss when time comes, it will be there ><

i think we're almost the same
experiencing being alone most of the time
but i think being alone is not a bad reputation
because i am alone always because most of
my blockmates/ classmates don't have moral
attitudes most of them say vulgar words, smoke,
drink alcoholic drinks( i think all of the vices)
I'm very lucky that i have dorm mates that really
make me happy and always there when I'am alone