Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ames

Well here goes nothing...

I've popped into our local college today. Been to apply for a Teaching Assistants course. Starts in September. Have handed in my details and just need to wait now to hopefully get a phone interview.

I really need a new start.

good on ya hun

The first step is always the hardest

Good luck hun, I really hope this is the start of better things for you xxxxxx

I'm terrified! But i know that if i don't do it now i will end up in a rubbish job again that i do just for the sake of the money. I don't want that any more. I want a career!

I know exactly where you are coming from..my youngest is nearly 3 now, and I'm facing the 'what am I going to do' situation

I cant go back to being a florist as the hours dont suit a single parent, plus my arthritis in my hands will restrict me too much...so I'm thinking of what I want to do...I'm thinking along the lines of web designer...something I would love to be able to do Smile

I have been contemplating going back to school, to ministerial school to become a Unity Minister. It's something I have thought about since I was 17 and now that I am actually getting the application for it, things are really up in the air with us. Where will we go??? The questions here far outweigh the answers at this point.

Anyway, If you know what you want to do, go for it! Certianty is something that I would love to have at this stage in the game, but I don't.

Lucky you! Smile I am really happy for you.

lea75 wrote:
I know exactly where you are coming from..my youngest is nearly 3 now, and I'm facing the 'what am I going to do' situation

I cant go back to being a florist as the hours dont suit a single parent, plus my arthritis in my hands will restrict me too much...so I'm thinking of what I want to do...I'm thinking along the lines of web designer...something I would love to be able to do Smile

Then go for it! Crikey, life is WAY too short to sit there wondering isn't it? I've "wondered" for 26 flaming years and i sit now here thinking... "What on earth was i thinking wasting 10 years working for a ginger clown who encourages obesity" I should be making a difference... enriching lives not helping to end them!!!

If it is something you want to do Lisa... then grab it and do it! For YOU!

Tiddly Winks wrote:
I have been contemplating going back to school, to ministerial school to become a Unity Minister. It's something I have thought about since I was 17 and now that I am actually getting the application for it, things are really up in the air with us. Where will we go??? The questions here far outweigh the answers at this point.

Anyway, If you know what you want to do, go for it! Certianty is something that I would love to have at this stage in the game, but I don't.

Lucky you! Smile I am really happy for you.

Yvette... as i said above... life is too short to have reservations.. if you want to do it then you will find a way! xx

good luck Ames hun! go for it, you too Lea! Like Ames said, life is too short!! congratulations xx

I have to see what will happen with my husband and where we end up. I guess I should go ahead and apply, since it is correspondence school. I just hate having to go through the whole, change of address nonsense and with schooling, they always seem to get that messed up.

Anyone hiring a Chemist???? Laughing

the best of luck sweety!!!!!!! always do what you love!!!!! not what you have to!!!! the job must be fullfilling and you must love it!!!!! congratulations don't worry i'm sure you'lll make it!!!!! :leppy: