Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tiddly Winks

In need of some good cheer

Today, I woke up in a relatively good mood. I was feeling really optimistic about Sven's job search. The reason, I thought maybe we would be going back to his home town on the North Sea coast. I was told that it was a sure thing, that he stood a good chance of getting a job teaching chemistry. I went thorugh the day feeling just dandy.

Now I feel like the rug has been jerked out from under me. I am angry, hurt and very upset. The job fell like a house of cards. The chances are not so rosy because the person who had built up our hopes that this would come about was probably drunk when they started spewing this stuff to my mother in law.

it just goes to show that if something seems too good to be true, it probably is. I feel like rubbish now. I would rather get a word of empathy about something like this and not be told that it's a given or that the job is a sure thing. This is what this person said, and we believed her because she has a job at the place. Well, I was feeling so good, and now this. I feel absolutely awful. I can't for the life of me stop crying.

It's just not right for people to build someone up like this only to shoot them down, and that's exactly how all of this feels.

Yvette, I can appreciate where you coming from sweetie. It's not right for someone to do that without actually being able to live up to their words. It seems so selfish and inconsiderate of that person to have a job, making promises, and then not follow through. I wish I knew how to make you feel better, Yvette. My heart is with you right now, and although it is hard try to stay optimistic about the search. I try to keep the attitude up that if something big doesn't work out, it probably wasn't meant to be and you will find that one thing that is. I know sometimes staying strong and patient is difficult, but don't let this bring you down. I'm sure soon Sven will find the job that makes him happy, in a place you both can be happy. *big hugs*

awww hun, all i can think of to do now is give you a huge hug, as myladyyawo said its hard to stay optomistic, but you have to hun xxx i truely believe something will come up xxx

Guest Guest

Yvette, I really hope everything will turn out well... Prayers for you and Sven

I can relate right now with the changing of my surgery eval dates,they give us hope and jerk the rug right out from under us.

I don't know if they understand how totally cruel it is to get someone's hopes up and that they are messing with people's lives.Yvette,I enjoyed talking to you on the phone the other day and really getting to know you.
You're an amazing woman.You and your husband do not deserve this at all.

We have been through things in our lives and can overcome this!!!
I know it is not happening soon enough and it is scary,but something positive will happen, when you least expect it.I wish I could hug you and make you one of my fattening homemade southern cakes.

I am here for you and you let me know if you need an ear to cry to and I will call.

love you lots
Kit

Thank you so much Sara, Lazar, Steph and Kit (Did I miss anyone???). I really love this forum and am so grateful to all of you for being such loving support.

I am still pretty upset about this, even though deep down inside, I know that things just have to get better. I just hate it when people play with others like this. Sven, as luck would have, has been approaching all of this realistically and I am grateful for that, but tonight when I came home he was upset and that got dumped on me.

Then he realized that it had all come from someone else, and it wasn't my doings at all. That's why I didn't say anything about it here or on Facebook. I just felt that it was not something that I wanted to get into in case something like this happens.

The person who did this was a 'friend' and I don't think being drunk is even a good excuse for this. It is painful and wrong. If I don't know all the facts about something, I wouldn't say something, but if I had been drinking, then I would not say something like this until I sober up. I guess tomorrow I am going to go through the motions of being angry.

Love you, Kit, and thanks for the loving thoughts and the delicious ideas of calorie rich comfort foods.

Yvette, your exactly right about drinking not being an excuse for anything. If you say things like that when your drinking you've obviously over what you can handle! If you do continue to feel sad, which you have every right to do so.... think about your health and your family's health and be thankful for that. (I hope you take that as I mean it) You have a loving husband, your papa is doing much better, your a wonderful, creative, strong woman, who has just lost her writers block. Maybe take your feelings out in a song, if you are able to to sweetie. Music always helps me sooo much, as does writing. *hugs*

Ah, Yvette! Sad This totally blows! I'm so sorry that you and Sven are experiencing this garbage right now. And you are right, drinking is no excuse for anything!

You know, I've built my hopes up for several jobs over the past 6 years only to have the door slammed in my face. So, from first hand experience, I can really empathize. But you know, Sven WILL get a Chemistry job! Because he deserves to!

Sending you lots of hugs; from me and Abers!

I had no idea any of this was going on. The best thing to do is stay positive especially when you're feeling the most down. *hugs* Something good and certain will definitely come along!

After having slept on it, (which surprisingly I did sleep) I am still pretty upset, but it's really upset or the feeling that he won't find something. It's upset because the person who started all of this was a friend and I now feel totally let down by her. This will change the way I view her, and it will make me feel inclined to not put too much emphasis on anything she might say in the future. Since she does live near my in-laws the chances are rather intense that I will see her again, but I am going to be on my guard with her.

So, today, we pick up the pieces and move on. But, I am so grateful to all of you for letting me vent here. I was so upset last night, and while I am still upset, I am going to move beyond it, for my sake, and for Sven's,

He still has resumes that are out, and we are really hoping that one of them in particular might reap an interview.

So sorry to hear this Yvette...have only just read this thread.

You are so right to try and stay positive ...there is a job out there with Sven's name on it ... and he will find it. Just takes time. When my husband came home finally from working abroad we decided he was going to take 3 months off (this was Sept ..so till after Xmas) and then start looking. ..well, he started looking a bit earlier than that(maybe I drove him mad Laughing ) but he started work in the February, which wasn't too bad ,.. but I do know how you feel. So keep you chin up ..and as for that silly woman, just forget about it if you can. People say stupid things when they are drunk and live to regret them ..if this has lost her a friend then it is her loss.

Yvette! I'm soo sad you're feeling soo bad... Sad
I can't understand people who does like that for so kind, nice, friendly and amazing people like you...
My fingers are crossed for Sven's job, I hope you'll feel better!
All you need to know is that you have a second family in here! We will love you always&forever and we won't ever make you cry...

I'm feeling a bit better now. I was very upset last night when I posted, but today Bunnyfuzzyness called me and we talked for a while. It was a very nice chat until the phone fizzled out and the connection broke.

Oh Yvette... how awful for you and Sven. It is so disheartening when you get your hopes up over something only to have it ripped from under you.
I start my job search on Monday and it terrifies me to be honest as i know i will face LOTS of rejection before i get so much of a sniff at work.

Keep positive... there is a perfect job out there for him and he WILL get one xx

I think he will. I am just tired of people making light of it. One of my college friends said her husband was searching too, and she was getting mad that people did the same thing to her.

It seems that some people simply have no shame.